• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Noticed in thread there is no mention of Graham Coughlan , I think he has also made a huge contribution to the way the team have been playing and has provided a great link between the Sturrock era and Phil Browns.

I was very surprised he stayed. Especially after Brown drafted in Penney, I thought Coughlan wouldn't appreciate being demoted but your right he has had enough recognition for the no doubt great work he has done this season. I wonder if he has helped sure up our defence both him and Brown being defenders can't be a bad thing.

I was massively wrong about Phil Brown and can't believe how much I've come to like the bloke. Real turnaround in nine months! Just hope he doesn't jump ship now his stock has risen. That was always my main fear.

I was massively wrong about Phil Brown and can't believe how much I've come to like the bloke. Real turnaround in nine months! Just hope he doesn't jump ship now his stock has risen. That was always my main fear.

The way they were talking on SSN was that now his stock is high they can see him leaving for a championship club soon.

Yeah I saw that. And they're right. People will have noted the job he is doing here in really difficult circumstances. Brown himself was talking in the week in one of the papers about how he wants to manage in the Premier League still and that's fine. I've no issues with him bettering himself but he needs to see out the season at least.

Yeah I saw that. And they're right. People will have noted the job he is doing here in really difficult circumstances. Brown himself was talking in the week in one of the papers about how he wants to manage in the Premier League still and that's fine. I've no issues with him bettering himself but he needs to see out the season at least.

He can manage again in the premiership he just has to get us there :winking:

He's done really well, and I was certainly one of the people who strongly questioned his appointment. However he's been here only half a season, so we need to wait and see how things pan out.
I remain firmly of the opinions that Sturrock was one of our best managers - he took on a club that was in freefall and turned it round - he didn't just steady the ship. Fans overlook things like that because we didn't go up, but there are plently of examples of clubs who have been unable to stop themselves falling.

I thought it was time for Sturrock to move on so wasnt quite as anti-brown as some, in fact I wasnt really bothered one way or the other.

Said at the beginning I would judge him after 10 games, and at that stage things werent great. However even though results werent going our way we never seemed to be playing badly and it was hard to see exactly wasnt working and after then things started to click.

For now we are getting good results and playing decent football and theres a great atmosphere at the club again so he deserves plenty of credit for that.

Now needs to live up to expectations over the next 3 months or so!

Must admit I was one of the doubters yet Mr Brown has been brilliant for us and maybe a spot of praise for Ron as well.

Back