• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
From a trusted source, deal not signed yet but both sides have agreed a new three year deal and just waiting for signatures.

Personally I am pleased. We should be looking at stability and continuity. The team do so much right under brown. We may not play like Brazil but we have been close to promotion under PB.

I've read so many PB threads over the last few days with very sensible debate and persuasive arguments. These, combined with our storming finish, have changed my views, though I'm still nervous at a 3 year deal. Even if we fail we have the mouthwatering prospect of an Essex derby plus Orient and Barnet to look forward to next season.

Just one home win rather than a draw damn damn damn damn damn

From a trusted source, deal not signed yet but both sides have agreed a new three year deal and just waiting for signatures.

Yes, but which club, though! :winking:

Seriously, quite happy with this, but the deal should include a monthly meeting with the Zone, so we can put him right on a few minor things.

*Flipcharts optional*

Looking at the comments to date, it looks like Brown bashers/haters (delete as appropriate) go to bed earlier and sleep in longer than those that like him. :smile:

I hope he hurries up and signs otherwise I can see this thread reaching record posts.

Don't have a problem with Brown signing. At least it will give us some off season stability.

Brown was jogging along merrily yesterday morning on Thorpe Bay seafront - checking out the women joggers for potential. My kinda manager. Although the bagginess of his shorts slightly worried me. The polar opposite to david crown.

Don't have a problem with Brown signing. At least it will give us some off season stability.

Brown was jogging along merrily yesterday morning on Thorpe Bay seafront - checking out the women joggers for potential. My kinda manager. Although the bagginess of his shorts slightly worried me. The polar opposite to david crown.

Does he check out men along the seafront then?

If you are negotiating a new contract it is always helpful to have interest from other clubs in the background.

Brown was jogging along merrily yesterday morning on Thorpe Bay seafront

When I was a kid, living in Thorpe Bay, I often used to see Dave Smith out jogging - PB has now been elevated in my estimation!

I know he's not universally popular and can sometimes come over as a bit of a media whore, but IMHO he's essentially a decent manager with a good pedigree and is well known in the game. The fact that he is used regularly on talk sport and 5 Live can only be good for the profile of Southend in the eyes of footballers and may sway loanees or permanent signings to come to us instead of other clubs.

The BBC Football correspondent, John Murray, is an old Uni. friend of mine and I had coffee with him last year and his opinion was that Phil Brown was a really good bloke, very insightful and knowledgable about the game and he thought Southend had made a really good appointment. His opinion is good enough for me!

If you are negotiating a new contract it is always helpful to have interest from other clubs in the background.

Ditto : "The club (any club) are planning on investing in new players to strengthen the squad and push for the title" around the time the season tickets need to be renewed.

When I was a kid, living in Thorpe Bay, I often used to see Dave Smith out jogging - PB has now been elevated in my estimation!

I know he's not universally popular and can sometimes come over as a bit of a media whore, but IMHO he's essentially a decent manager with a good pedigree and is well known in the game. The fact that he is used regularly on talk sport and 5 Live can only be good for the profile of Southend in the eyes of footballers and may sway loanees or permanent signings to come to us instead of other clubs.

The BBC Football correspondent, John Murray, is an old Uni. friend of mine and I had coffee with him last year and his opinion was that Phil Brown was a really good bloke, very insightful and knowledgable about the game and he thought Southend had made a really good appointment. His opinion is good enough for me!

My dad used to see Peter Taylor in the gym most Saturday mornings, that was before PT went for a jog on the seafront too.

I used to work in the Castle pub as a lad ........George Best during his Fulham days used to jog along the seafront ......as far as the Castle ............few liveners , fell off the stool , went home .......The Echo found out about it one night ....the manager had to lie out of his back teeth and say he only had half a shandy

I am not 100% convinced about Brown as the right man but it is good to have some stability at a football club. Let's hope he can get us out of this awful division as soon as possible.

Back