• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown makes gaffe

I think the woman in question meant : How are they all coming in to her town , im sure she is fully aware eastern europeans erm come from eastern europe.

My philosophy is this.

If i wanted to move to another country i would work expect to work pay taxes speak the language and embrace my new country's culture.

The problem we have here is that we have :

Immigrants moving on towns on mass (ala rochdale) etc

They want to exist in the little bubble, meaning they only really talk to people and family friends from there own country who they have moved with or befriended.

They do not want nor do they care about a british way of life history culture.

They have no respect that they are in a foreign country as they know that any slight against them will be deemed racist and they know the rules of the system inside out.

I have no doubt that if every immigrant/asylum seeker was only given housing or help on the basis that they learn the language and history and were available to work and pay taxes for there own housing and families that we would not have a problem with them and atleast half would leave.

As an example i used to work in pest control and did a lot of cockroach jobs in east london for asian families. The truth is that houses were over populated un- sanitary and more often than not the children translated for the adults some of which had lived here for 30 years + and dont speak english. Some how though they can call the council for a pest visit claim benefits and housing . That is so wrong.... and that is why there is racism in this country.

Its the same for most cultures , English in Spain , ardent Welsh in England ;) . Russian in Georgia , Japanese invaision of China (i mean rape cmaps tsk). There will alwasy be an assimilation and mixture of cultures, of which the privileging or (most likely) easiest to adopt will win.

T hats a fault of the Asain caulture they do it every where and are so ingrained you must care for the rest of teh family irrespective of practical considerations (and also where they came from your description was propably still a step up). The pest control part is just practical or cockroaches will spread.

People do not want to leave their country of origins and travel 1000 of miles unless they really have to or to improve their lifes , a nother point most didn't get to here is a lot of these people want to go back but lacking money and education they can't . Also language speaking English is just about one of the hardest languages for a non native to learn.

Economic migrants leave their countries because their economies can't support them and not all of that is caused by the population or their governments

Not really a good majority went to Spain where they did nick jobs house etc . They also didnt all come here .

Although I hate it did they really nick the jobs from the Spanish, all i see when i go there is that all work for their own, i.e. the tradesmen get started by working for other immigrants, estate agents using immigrant estate agents spring up selling properties to other immigrants.

My biggest pet hate of the whole immigration thing is when they do not attempt to assimilate, and end up creating large swathes of micro countries from where they come from. Unfortunately although not all immigrants do this, a large enough percentage do, and this is what causes problems. And is happening the world over so i guess it is a human trait. :'(

Although I hate it did they really nick the jobs from the Spanish, all i see when i go there is that all work for their own, i.e. the tradesmen get started by working for other immigrants, estate agents using immigrant estate agents spring up selling properties to other immigrants.

My biggest pet hate of the whole immigration thing is when they do not attempt to assimilate, and end up creating large swathes of micro countries from where they come from. Unfortunately although not all immigrants do this, a large enough percentage do, and this is what causes problems. And is happening the world over so i guess it is a human trait. :'(
Yes if an "immigrant" has found the niche for a market then technically they have (and you see why this whole issue isnt really as simple as we make out because with that mentality we wouldnt have any multinational companies ;)

Im not sure it is that large , remember we have had famously West Indian , Jewish ,Franc , French , Prussian influences going back well before our "immigration" crisis now , never mind 16Cth hundred backwards . We will ever be truly over run ... no no culture was ever destroyed or supplemented by economic means , if the social climate changes its because the indigenous population actually embrace teh new ideas and think its better then the old lot.

Remember it also glow's both ways , the despair on Asian , and some middle eastern "fathers" faces at how independent their daughters become is most amusing ;).

Brown is getting my vote now, absolutely brilliant!
Policies that should exist

1. If you get offered a job and you don't take it, your benefits should be slashed.
2. If you don't go to an interview that you are offered, your benefits are slashed.
3. If your benefits are slashed and you moan about it, because you didn't want to work in Tesco's, your benefits are slashed, every time your benefits are slashed the wage that you can urn goes down by 10p per hour.
4. If you end up out on the street because your benefits are being continuously slashed because you don't take the jobs you are offered, or you don't go to the interviews you are asked to go to. Then there should be an option of something that I haven't thought of yet.
5. If you continuously try to get a job, but don't get the interview, you don't get a job, you should be awarded with an up in your benefits, as well as clearing out a mossy lake or another type of job that nobody wants.

What will happen is that people will take their jobs, they will go to their interviews, the whole of society will change.

I personally heard someone the other day on their mobile phone, 'If I take the job I got offered I will only be a tenner better off, so I can't be asked mate'

That is the view of a lot of people, It isn't on, although if it is a fish filleting job then you can understand if someone doesn't take it, but the fact is, it is a job TAKE IT!

As for my views on immigration, I will leave it for another day.!

Osy - I am not referring to just our immigration situation but the world as a whole.

I have never suggested that cultures have been destroyed just that when people do not try to assimilate or even communicate on an equal footing with folks outside of there own, this can cause problems and fuels the negative affects immigration has.

Immigration is a two way street that can work to the benefit of all, just needs some common sense in place. The immigrants need to become part of their new community in their chosen country whilst the community needs to be open and recpetive to the immigrants.

Added to the above is the expansion of the EU that has taken in countries that have not been as historically wealthy as the Western members and thus with the open borders of the EU, a new type of immigrant is appearing, one that cannot be stopped regardless of what measures are put in place. This has also given rise to another immigrant that is the 'Benefits immigrant' and is currently the immigrant argument du jour.

Osy - I am not referring to just our immigration situation but the world as a whole.

I have never suggested that cultures have been destroyed just that when people do not try to assimilate or even communicate on an equal footing with folks outside of there own, this can cause problems and fuels the negative affects immigration has.

Immigration is a two way street that can work to the benefit of all, just needs some common sense in place. The immigrants need to become part of their new community in their chosen country whilst the community needs to be open and recpetive to the immigrants.

Added to the above is the expansion of the EU that has taken in countries that have not been as historically wealthy as the Western members and thus with the open borders of the EU, a new type of immigrant is appearing, one that cannot be stopped regardless of what measures are put in place. This has also given rise to another immigrant that is the 'Benefits immigrant' and is currently the immigrant argument du jour.

SO was mine a couple of points back but none of that matters unless the infrastructure and jobs are there in any countries ? A benefits migrant is an economic migrant , the starving of Irleand in the last potato famine came to London for teh opportunity , that was nearly 200 years ago this issue is huge always has been and as humanity as a whole will not slow down its population because most of the 1st world economy is based on an ever increasing concept of profit , employees and resources its that that needs to be changed everything else is a smoke screen.

I know you specific didn't but that is the normal argument or fear of those arguing against the migrant.

This reminds me a little of Nick Cleggs gaffe this afternoon when he spoke to a 26 year old women who said that his employment ideas wouldnt work the headline was he was lost for words when infact when she said she didnt like his ideas he asked he what she wanted and or would do ... her reply was why are you ask me !
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ele...ion-with-student-over-youth-unemployment.html

The people get the government the deserve

1. If you get offered a job and you don't take it, your benefits should be slashed.
2. If you don't go to an interview that you are offered, your benefits are slashed.
3. If your benefits are slashed and you moan about it, because you didn't want to work in Tesco's, your benefits are slashed, every time your benefits are slashed the wage that you can urn goes down by 10p per hour.

Its not as simple as that. I was unemployed having been laid off. I was offered a job that paid minimum wage of £ 200 per week. I would have taken it but my rent/council tax and csa payments were £800 per month and the council said i would not be entitled to housing releif so in effect i would be working and would not be able or afford to get to work buy food pay my tv licence electric etc etc.

So in your grand plan i would have been penalised for this. Like i said its not always that simple.

Brown is getting my vote now, absolutely brilliant!
Policies that should exist

4. If you end up out on the street because your benefits are being continuously slashed because you don't take the jobs you are offered, or you don't go to the interviews you are asked to go to. Then there should be an option of something that I haven't thought of yet.
5. If you continuously try to get a job, but don't get the interview, you don't get a job, you should be awarded with an up in your benefits, as well as clearing out a mossy lake or another type of job that nobody wants.

What will happen is that people will take their jobs, they will go to their interviews, the whole of society will change.

I personally heard someone the other day on their mobile phone, 'If I take the job I got offered I will only be a tenner better off, so I can't be asked mate'

That is the view of a lot of people, It isn't on, although if it is a fish filleting job then you can understand if someone doesn't take it, but the fact is, it is a job TAKE IT!

As for my views on immigration, I will leave it for another day.!

Working for the Government we will stop people's monies if we catch them refusing work because the pay is too low, if they are not actively seeking employment, do not attend Jobcentre interviews and for all sorts of reasons but some people know how to get round the system.

Id rather spoil my own underpants in the booth than vote for the BNP.

I would never vote for them either - but suggesting that spoiling your ballot paper is a more effective (not morally superior) protest than voting for the BNP is bonkers. How many demonstrations against "None of the Above" have there been? How many column inches of angst about the election of "None of the Above" councilors have been written?

Imagine my disappointment when every national newspaper resisted the urge to applaud Brown for calling a spade, a spade.

They shouldn't applaud him for it, not after his craven apology.

He should only apologise for caught out with a microphone like that. Schoolboy error. I'd have more respect for him if he stood his ground on what he said to her.

He was absolutely right to point out the hypocrisy of people whingeing about immigration when a million British people have left these shores to become economic migrants.

Whilst it's doubtful he'll get my vote, out of the three leaders of the main parties it's Brown that appeals to me more simply because he doesn't play the media game as well as the other two.

Let him shout at his spin doctors for copying and pasting Bill Clinton speeches, let him have a pop at someone he disagrees with, whatever their age. I'd much rather one incident like this than a hundred pre-planned and scripted

Sorry, but I just don't know where these figures come from? This is a myth, no way has a million Brits moved abroad, maybe a few thousand to get away from the horrendeous state of country - the lucky few who can afford to!

Immigration is deemed a 'racist' or after yesterday's incident a 'bigoted' word by Labour who cannot stand up and admit they have made an utter, utter balls up of it!

From these boards alone we've lost the likes of Libertine and Westcliff (now Xabia) Shrimper and Shooter McGavin. All will have been in the top 100 posters (at least in term of quantity;) when they moved, so from that sample of 100 posters on here, 3% have moved abroad.

Plenty of my friends from London have moved abroad (and before someone says it, it's through work rather than trying to get away from me...). They've gone to places like Hong Kong, Japan, Switzerland, Middle East, Egypt, Jersey, Australia (admittedly he was a Aussie so that was returning back home). Another friend just interviewed for a job in Russia.

So he has driven a million Brits to live abroad ------ it would be more but the rest of British people obviously can't afford to go because Brown has taxed them to the hilt.

So he has driven a million Brits to live abroad ------ it would be more but the rest of British people obviously can't afford to go because Brown has taxed them to the hilt.

I think Brown gets a bad rap on immigration.

His economic policies have clearly been designed to restrict immigration and encourage emigration.

Back