• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown out -Chrissy Powell in?

• Brown out?

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Chrissy Powell in?

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Other/leave things as they are.

Votes: 150 79.4%

• Total voters
Having just read about CP's sacking the obvious thoughts went through my mind as well! But in all honesty I don't think a revolving door policy on managers helps anyone. Personally I would stick with PB even if we don't get promoted this season. I'd give him another year, or at least up to a point where it was obvious we weren't making much progress from this year.

Favourite sons should be remembered as that ,and not go back to old clubs , remember Spud Taylor .

Club legend but looks like he's condemned Charlton to the drop. It's a risk isn't it? Worked with Tilly, but who's to say.

Having just read about CP's sacking the obvious thoughts went through my mind as well! But in all honesty I don't think a revolving door policy on managers helps anyone. Personally I would stick with PB even if we don't get promoted this season. I'd give him another year, or at least up to a point where it was obvious we weren't making much progress from this year.

Same here. If he was the right man a year ago then he's the right man now. Don't see the point in sacking people as a punishment.

I dont like chopping and changing the gaffer too much, we have seen plenty of evidence this season that he is a good manager for us, yes our form is poo at the moment, yet we still occupy a play off position. I would rather throw my full support behind PB and see if we do something in the play offs, we went for the new manager effect this time last year and got naff all out of it.

We're in a bad patch, but so was Sturrock's team and people stayed behind him during our usual mid-season slump. Brown should be given til the end of the season at the very least.

IMO Phil should get the remainder of this season and at least 20 games next season assuming we do not go up this year.

No point in chopping and changing.

Club legend but looks like he's condemned Charlton to the drop. It's a risk isn't it? Worked with Tilly, but who's to say.
They have 4 games in hand due to their cup run so hard to agree with that, he must have been working on a shoestring budget too.

Think he got a lot of players forced on him by the new owners. The life span of a manager in the Championship is ridiculous.

PB was the right manger a couple of months ago so why isnt he now just becoz we having our normal midseason slump.What good does it do chopping and changing managers, and hes not to blame for injuries , which is really what has derailed us at present, plus the soggy pitches.He was and still is the right man for SUFC in my book.

it was a political thing with the new Belgian owner. 6 new players from his other clubs when Sir Chrissie did not necessarily want them. His record with Charlton is pretty good. However I would prefer to remember him as a great great SUFC player and top man than have him as manager.
Personnaly think Brown should be given 4 years at least to weave his magic. Chopping and changing is no good for any club.

No. Phil Brown should remain and be given the opportunity to develop the team.
CP? Difficult when one day you are manager of Charlton Athletic - the next day manager of a feeder club (one of four) to Standard Liege. Particularly when the standard at Championship level is overall higher than the Belgian League. Chrs did not stand an earthly - 6 players hoisted on him in January.

Back