• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown out -Chrissy Powell in?

• Brown out?

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Chrissy Powell in?

Votes: 37 19.6%
  • Other/leave things as they are.

Votes: 150 79.4%

• Total voters
Teams go in and out of form, cant sack someone just because we are in bad form, we are still in the play-offs.

We need to finish in playoffs or he has failed, and that will mean questions should be asked, but as long as we finish in top 7 Id give him next season even if we lose out in the knockout..

Why Chris Powell? If / when Brown goes, there will be many options. Why does the fact that he once played here make him any more or less of a candidate?

If at the start of the season someone said we would be in the play offs in march we would of taken that, yes we jave been poor this past few months but previous to that people been praising brown, brown to stay for me

If at the start of the season someone said we would be in the play offs in march we would of taken that, yes we have been poor this past few months but previous to that people been praising brown, brown to stay for me

This exactly - given the pre-season pessimism we'd have bitten someones hand off to be in the play-offs by the middle of March. I think Brown has done a pretty decent job, hampered by a crippling run of injuries to key defenders. I think he'll turn it around and we'll end up in the play-offs.

Chris Powell was a legend as a player, but I'd like to remember him like that rather than change things now just because he's available.

To be even talking about Brown being sacked or leaving is ridiculous. We're in a bad run, all teams have them, but we're still 7th in the league for goodness sake. RM has his faults but he doesn't seem to be one of these trigger-happy chairmen. Our last two managers were both here for a relatively long time, and I'm sure Brown will get at least the rest of this calendar year.

The guy's a legend, but not just yet.

But not a managerial legend. However, he clearly has passion. Well, in the case of Charlton he did. I particularly enjoyed his hanging from the crossbar celebration when they beat Sheffield Wednesday in the previous round of the cup. You have to nurture talent though and I am sure he will get another go. However, just because he has been given an opportunity at a decent club doesn't make him a great manager. I'm not exactly sure what he has proven at Charlton but I wouldn't be in a rush to give him a job.

To be even talking about Brown being sacked or leaving is ridiculous. We're in a bad run, all teams have them, but we're still 7th in the league for goodness sake. RM has his faults but he doesn't seem to be one of these trigger-happy chairmen. Our last two managers were both here for a relatively long time, and I'm sure Brown will get at least the rest of this calendar year.

I agree but take a look at some of the sackings in the Premier League! Evidence right there to prove that there are chairmen out there who will do more than just point and aim the gun.

People need to realise that having 7/8 defenders injured is really unlucky, and 9/10 would not happen ever again. Changing Phil Brown would be waste of money, we are playing better football, but need a better mix of old/young for example upfront, Corr and Williams, height with pace and power be perfect.

I agree but take a look at some of the sackings in the Premier League! Evidence right there to prove that there are chairmen out there who will do more than just point and aim the gun.

But, say what you like (and many on here do) RM has not, up until now, been one to wield the axe when 'Shrimpermoan' demands it.

Little, Newman, Robson, Wignall, Brush. that is,how you want it, Tilson and Luggy aside. No not too trigger happy

Brush and Robson weren't managers. Newman got a couple of seasons. Wignall and Little are the only two in 13/14 years who he has got rid of quickly. Personally I thought Little was quite harshly treated. You won't get many people suggesting that he was wrong to get rid of Wignall.

I dont want to see Brown got rid of,we are on a bad run but still have a chance of play offs which is more than a lot of us expected at the start of the season.Middle of next season is where i think we should be looking to really judge Phil Brown

Would give Powell the chance should Brown get sacked but I wouldn't just sack brown straight away.

I think there is a fairly obvious compromise available to our trusted Chairman but can't see the option in the poll.

He should hire CP straight away as joint manager and let him and Choco take the training and pick the team on a revolving alternate match basis on the condition that if we get to Wembley they have to arm wrestle or such-like for the right to lead the team out. The loser also has to wear a kilt.

Back