• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Liverpool players aren't just playing forward balls. A lot of these are precision passes.

How did it work when we had just Barry Corr upfront for the majority of the season then?

Im sorry mrsblue but after reading lots of comments it appears you lack the understanding of basic things in football.

Really!

Well 3 0 says different with pace up top and guess what our midfield were superb and guess why because they had an out ball.

go figure.

We have very good midfielders, but you cant honestly tell me that they are playing well? None of the midfield are playing as well as they were individually or as a unit.

Earlier in the season we were outplaying teams in the midfield with the same forwards we have now. The team as a whole are not playing like they were.

But hey, blaming one position is easier isnt it, same as blaming Bentley every time we lose a game.

The strikers are certainly part of the problem but just getting a pacy striker we can hoof it over the top for is not going to be a solve all answer.

Hoof over the top works for me thank you!

Hoof over the top works for me thank you!

Two of the goals werent though eh, and the only one that was a result of the longer ball was a penalty.

What pleased me the most about tonight was the fact that we didnt resort to long balls, we still played good passing football and Loza made the most of his pace to compliment that play, rather than just booting it over the top every chance. A lot of the time he was even playing fairly deep with Barnard some 10 yards or so ahead of him.

Very nice to have that pace there when needed though.

Two of the goals werent though eh, and the only one that was a result of the longer ball was a penalty.

What pleased me the most about tonight was the fact that we didnt resort to long balls, we still played good passing football and Loza made the most of his pace to compliment that play, rather than just booting it over the top every chance. A lot of the time he was even playing fairly deep with Barnard some 10 yards or so ahead of him.

Very nice to have that pace there when needed though.

Jam you won't concede that I was right whilst you were wrong!:winking:

Pace in this league is vital end of!

Jam you won't concede that I was right whilst you were wrong!:winking:

Pace in this league is vital end of!

Ive never said it wasnt, Ive said all along its a great attribute to have as long as the player is a decent player on top of that. Just being quick isnt enough and Loza isnt just quick, he is confident on the ball, can pick out a pass and obviously has a finish if that goal is anything to go by. Ive also stated for weeks that its not just the striker thats been the problem but the team performance as a whole, and tonight both came together. Thats the best performance from the team we have seen in months.

As for being wrong, didnt you say no more premiership loans as they were killing us and that we should be playing Williams and Payne up front ?

Ive never said it wasnt, Ive said all along its a great attribute to have as long as the player is a decent player on top of that. Ive also stated for weeks that its not just the striker thats been the problem but the team performance as a whole, and tonight both came together.

As for being wrong, didnt you say no more premiership loans as they were killing us and that we should be playing Williams and Payne up front ?

No I said Woodrow was killing us!

The midfield tonight were miles better mainly because they could clip it down the channel with Loza the greyhound in hot pursuit.

No I said Woodrow was killing us!

The midfield tonight were miles better mainly because they could clip it down the channel with Loza the greyhound in hot pursuit.

Funny because as you pointed out earlier your thread title was "Prem loanees are killing us." and have been banging on about Williams and Payne for the past month.

The midfield played better all round, closing down, getting forward, getting shots, passing to each other etc. They werent just better because they could 'clip the balls down the channel', how simplistic is that and gives the rest of the team no credit for their performance lol.

Funny because as you pointed out earlier your thread title was "Prem loanees are killing us." and have been banging on about Williams and Payne for the past month.

The midfield played better all round, closing down, getting forward, getting shots, passing to each other etc. They werent just better because they could clup the balls down the channel, how simplistic is that lol.

You have your opinion and I have mine,

Mine is warranted and far superior.

Yes it is, Williams and Payne certainly turned our fortunes around, thank god we havent got any more premiership loans in :smile:

Williams and Payne IMO will do the business if given the chance...Loza and Williams up top would be fun.

Really!

Well 3 0 says different with pace up top and guess what our midfield were superb and guess why because they had an out ball.

go figure.

But you wanted Williams and Payne on playing attacking rolls so you weren't correct and never have been so far.

If you really think that pro football is just as simple as hoofing the ball and running onto it then I feel for you.

But you wanted Williams and Payne on playing attacking rolls so you weren't correct and never have been so far.

If you really think that pro football is just as simple as hoofing the ball and running onto it then I feel for you.

Ok then!

banghead.

Back