• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Millwall away right back at the start of the season was one of the most laziest performances I've ever seen from a professional footballer. He was an embarrassment. He's a big time Charlie who needs to realise he's no where near as good as he thinks he is. The next Matt Paterson.

I was at that game and he was no Kevin O'Callaghan.

The high votes for Barnett are interesting,
This season (for Southend)

Pigott 5 goals 17 apps (inc subs)
Barnett 5 goals in 14 apps

Barnett has a better record at Shrewsbury this season than at us (10 in 24)

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=68946

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=55528
A bit unfair including 2 goals in the JPT against a bottom half League 2 side in Pigott's record. Barnett has had a much bigger impact since joining than Pigott did earlier in the season.

The high votes for Barnett are interesting,
This season (for Southend)

Pigott 5 goals 17 apps (inc subs)
Barnett 5 goals in 14 apps

Barnett has a better record at Shrewsbury this season than at us (10 in 24)

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=68946

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=55528

Barnett offers far more off the ball, he also holds the ball up and links play better, goals aren't everything (as I'm sure you know!)

Hunt 5 - Excellent early season, then permanently injured or under par, he was always going to be a risky signing, unfortunately the risk didn't pay off.
Mooney 3 - Largely crap, goes to ground far to easily, offside too often, missed numerous great chances, need I go on!
Wordsworth 6 - Definitely a class act but needs to up his work rate.
O'Neill 4 - Not good enough defensively.
McLaughlin 5 - Injured too often to really judge, could still prove to be a good signing.
Moussa ? - Who knows? Nothing to lose with the short term deal though.

Rea 5 - Did ok, not so good when played in midfield.
Kamara 5 - Looks good on the ball, but hasn't yet got the physical presence needed in League 1.
McQueen 6 - Has shown glimpses of quality, we just don't seem to know his best position.
Pigott 4 - Not consistently good enough at this level but did chip in with a few goals.
Hendrie 8 - Class act, shame we only had him for a month.
Barnett 7 - Has shown he can play the lone striker role better than any of our other forwards, goals have dried up though.
Loza 3 - Wasn't good enough in league 2 let alone league 1.

No problem Nocky.

Your posts came over big time to me but I guess I misinterpreted them and I certainly didn't realise you are Sam's dad.

This was no troll just a genuine opinion.

Good luck to you and your son.

So far the evidence on here from a strong set of keen eyed fans, is that one of the few areas of weakness in Browns armoury is his ability to bring in better quality players to the club. This does not bode well for the shake up that is needed to strengthen for next year. It is not just this year either, but previous seasons. A ratio of maybe gating one half decent signing in after 7 attempts looks poor.
Who can forget the , Barnard Coulthirst, Weston opening season gambit as our new strike force.? Apart from not bad marks for Mc Queen and at last a good striker in Barnett, albeit on loan, the ratings from fans are close to abysmal. I really do wonder just how our assessment process works, whose doing what? Brown, scouts, Ron , Browns mate, forget the guys name. On a value for money assessment , Ron must have pulled out half the flowing locks?
Ah well we shall soon see. I note Port Vale said they are starting early NOW to capture players for next season, wonder if we are, or sitting back as usual?

Not that I can be bothered to do it personally, but would be interesting to have a list of every Brown signing including loans and see how they rate.

It does seem to be a case of more bad players signed than good off the top of my head.

Back