• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MrB

Life President
With season 8 drawing to a close, the time has come to release an update on the upcoming season, which includes a slight alteration to the BT calendar, and a new tax on listing players.

From Sunday, two new changes will be brought in.

(1) There will be a tax of 5% (of the listing price) for transfer listing a player. It will be made clear when listing a player what the fee will be.

(2) The previously mentioned change regarding PFL will take effect. That is to say that players will increase up to fair at a quicker rate. This rate is still dependent upon stamina.

The calendar for season 9 will be slightly different to that in previous seasons. After your 7th OD game there will be a mid-season break of a week. During this week the BT20 competition will take place. More details about this will be released closer to the time.

Finally, the season changeover timetable is as follows:

Today or Tomorrow : Promotion/Relegation
Sunday : Players will age.
Tuesday : First youth pulls.
Following Sunday (27th) : First cup game
Following Tuesday (29th) : First FC game
Following Friday (1st): First OD game

List for 0 and rely on friends to bump the price up.....

Is the season going to shorten if the BT20 is just over 1 week? I think they mentioned this previously, but this effects training in a big way if going forward seasons are shorter.

From a training perspective I don't think that would be a bad thing. The NT's are already riddled with Elites so making it that little bit harder to train up to it is fine with me.

Good move on the Transfer Tax, as it will stop the TM being riddled with players that are just so over-priced.

Doesn't say anything about the season being shortened. Maybe they are going to have a 20/20 group stage during the mid-season break, and then the knock-out rounds at the end of the season.

Good news on the player tax as I've done my season break dealings, and when I sell Resha again I intend on listing low anyway. No more listing hoping for a bite though, which will either see fairer prices or less players listed.

In other BT news - Random Cup Draw !!

Season 9 - More Details
We can now give you all more details on the changes that are to be implemented next season.

The one that seems to have stirred the most interest and controversy is the proposed listing fee. The earlier details left a lot of questions unanswered, which we can now rectify. There will be a 5% listing fee imposed on all players from Sunday, however, in line with the interest payments, this will be capped at £80,000. Additionally, if the player goes on to sell, you will be refunded 80% of this, effectively leaving you with only a 1% addition to your taxes. In other words, if your player sells, the most that you will end up paying in listing fee is £16,000. The agents fees remained unaffected.

Also on Sunday, the previously mentioned increased recovery rate for PFL at low levels (up to fair) will be implemented. This will be at almost twice the current rate, but still dependent upon stamina.

The OD cup also undergoes a radical change, with all teams now being eligible to partake, and the seeding system being abolished. This means that the cup will now be a random draw! In the first week (Sunday of week 2) there will be some byes through to the 2nd round, so not everyone will have a game. It will not be possible to arrange friendlies for that weekend.

Finally, the fixture calendar will change slightly.

We will now have a weeks break after the 7th OD match where the BT20 group matches will take place. There will be no cup or FC games that week either, so there will be 7 days of BT20 matches; Saturday through to Friday.

The groups will be made up of 8 teams, with the first 2 to go through by rights. Then, depending on the numbers taking part, the best 3rd and maybe 4th teams will go through to make up the numbers to a round number for the knockout rounds. The knock out draw will then be random as previously, although now with no byes. There will be a table linked from the BT20 tables showing the cutoffs for qualification for the 3rd and 4th places teams.

No international players will be available that week, either full or U19, as I am intending something special for them.

We hope that all these changes will add to the game and we continue to look forward to the future and further development of the great game that is Battrick!

Loving the random cup draw. Probably puts me in a worse position as a team that can challenge higher placed teams but if the draw is kind you could go a long way.

MrB said:
Loving the random cup draw. Probably puts me in a worse position as a team that can challenge higher placed teams but if the draw is kind you could go a long way.
Yes, if you get a kind draw for the 1st 3 or 4 rounds and can manage PFL, you could go a long way.

Now watch one of us draw Ladbrokes in the 1st round :hilarious:

Back