• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
My mum's landline has been down since Sunday last week (!) and these useless ***** just can't get it right!

* Fault reported Sunday 19th June, told deadline for the fault to be fixed is Thursday 23rd 5pm.
* Monday 20th Engineer visits house, tells my mum he’ll be fixing it from 8am Tuesday 21st.
* Thursday 23rd deadline passes, phone still not fixed.
* Friday after I call, told engineers having to wait for a hoist/platform to be free but they’ll come Saturday 25th.
* Saturday 25th. Engineer’s are arrive approx 9am, fix fault on overhead wires but phone still not working. Trace fault to underground wires in Rayleigh High Street, arrange for underground team to be sent out.
* Still Saturday 25th - PM. Underground team cannot lift manhole cover due to number of pedestrians (health & safety). Told they will try to do this sunday but limited teams, so if not done then, definately monday morning.
* Monday 27th. Phone still not working. Told team could not lift manhole due to number of pedestrians will be sent out first job Tuesday approx 8am.
* Tuesday 28th. Phone still not fixed. Told team sent out at 10.15am (!) will find out what happens & contact me. No contact.​
* Wednesday 29th. Receive text saying "Sorry, we need more time to fix your fault because we need to work on your line". I call, told no sign if engineer being sent out today and no updates on record since yesterday.

After they found they traced the fault to the High Street they should have been able to figure out that they need to get there EARLY to lift the manhole before it gets busy, it doesn't require that much brain power - two brain cells should be sufficient.

:darkcloud::thump::headbang::flamer:

....Sorry folks, just needed a rant.

I should add, my mum doesn't have a mobile phone as she's rubbish with technology and her health isn't great so if something happens she has no way of contacting anyone.

I am sorry we will have to forward your rant to India before we are able to reply to this post...We will send you a letter asking you to call us during the next 14 days.

I should add, my mum doesn't have a mobile phone as she's rubbish with technology and her health isn't great so if something happens she has no way of contacting anyone.

Have you tried explaining this? I'd say switch supplier, but they're all pretty rubbish.

I am sorry we will have to forward your rant to India before we are able to reply to this post...We will send you a letter asking you to call us during the next 14 days.

Actually their faultline call centre is in MK....if only we knew someone who lived round there who could go and kick some arse :whistling:

Have you tried explaining this? I'd say switch supplier, but they're all pretty rubbish.

Yep explained this at the outset, she's down as a 'Priority Welfare Case'. Allegedly.

Mrs DS started her new job last week so we'll be getting a landline/internet soon, suffice to say we won't be going with BT.

That mate is all too true. My policy in firstly in dealing with offshore call centres is that I don't, I insist they transfer me to a UK operator. They can't (or shouldn't refuse) and as they have to handle a certain number of calls in their shift they either have to transfer you or put you through to a supervisor before you finally get through to a person in the UK.

Once you get through to a person in this country ask for a supervisor, and also record the conversation, and flatly refuse to get off the line before they come up with a solution that is satisfactory to you.

That mate is all too true. My policy in firstly in dealing with offshore call centres is that I don't, I insist they transfer me to a UK operator. They can't (or shouldn't refuse) and as they have to handle a certain number of calls in their shift they either have to transfer you or put you through to a supervisor before you finally get through to a person in the UK.

Once you get through to a person in this country ask for a supervisor, and also record the conversation, and flatly refuse to get off the line before they come up with a solution that is satisfactory to you.

And £5 later you are still hanging on.

UPDATE: I know you're all desperate to know what's going on...

The underground team report problem resolved, but there is a fault on the overhead wires 37m from the house, hoist engineers sent out at 2.15pm but can't find any faults, leave a note saying the underground team are looking into it....

....MK, load that uzi my friend...

I had 4 different engineers out until they found out we had a simple fault in the box in the flat which was fixed within 30 seconds.

I feel your pain. It's so incredibly frustrating.

I had 4 different engineers out until they found out we had a simple fault in the box in the flat which was fixed within 30 seconds.

I feel your pain. It's so incredibly frustrating.

They finally fixed my mum's line on Friday (12 days after the fault was reported). From what I can gather they gave up trying to find/fix the fault and just put in a new section of line.

Then on saturday they cut her off for not paying her bill without any warning letter or phonecall. She hasn't had a bill without mistakes on it since she signed up for an unlimited plan last september, and she couldn't call them about the latest one because her phoneline was down with this fault for 12 days.

I'm about ready to kill someone. :gun:

They finally fixed my mum's line on Friday (12 days after the fault was reported). From what I can gather they gave up trying to find/fix the fault and just put in a new section of line.

Then on saturday they cut her off for not paying her bill without any warning letter or phonecall. She hasn't had a bill without mistakes on it since she signed up for an unlimited plan last september, and she couldn't call them about the latest one because her phoneline was down with this fault for 12 days.

I'm about ready to kill someone. :gun:

Contact Ofcom and put in a complaint then switch to TalkTalk mate.

Phone & Internet Suppliers

Mrs DS and I are finally in a position to get internet/phone to our flat sorted.

Any reccomendations for providers? (or companies to avoid - obviously not BT)

Anybody use PlusNet, are they any good?

Back