• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bucket collection, 30th October

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐

Ok people, here is the shout out for volunteers to assist with the planned manning of collection buckets around the perimeter of Roots Hall at tomorrow nights game against Gillingham.

At the time of writing, this is expected to be taking place OUTSIDE of the ground but within the Club’s boundaries, although this may change to allow a certain number of buckets to be taken around inside the ground at short notice.

People will be working in pairs, the buckets WILL get heavy. We hope to have a team to replace buckets as they become too heavy to manage. If we can arrange things in time, there may be “campaign” t-shirts to be worn.

Anyone prepared to help out with this will need to be at the Shrimpers Bar at or around half past 5, but certainly no later than 6 p.m. Be warned – there is a distinct possibility you MAY miss the beginning of the match.

If you are able to help out with this, please contact me direct if at all possible or via FB, leaving a mobile contact number, please use pm’s on here as a last resort.

Also, if anyone might potentially be able to help out with collections at other grounds on Saturday (if we can get permission sorted in time) would you please let me know as well.

UP THE BLUES

Any money raised will be held by the Shrimpers Trust yes?

And what will the Trust do with the money exactly?

I thought Uncle Ron stated categorically to the Trust late Tuesday night he DID NOT want any form of collection from supporters pockets?

I thought Uncle Ron stated categorically to the Trust late Tuesday night he DID NOT want any form of collection from supporters pockets?

Yeah he did. Don't see a problem with it myself, IF the worse did happen the Trust needs all the money it can get.

Indeed... if people want to donate to the trust then that's fine, but if Ron doesn't want any cash from fans then we should probably listen to him for the time being

will those collecting be issued with a permit/photo id to distinguish any fraudsters collecting and running off with the takings.

Well unless he's got a spare £2.1 million lying around that he hasn't been telling us about, we're going to need it and given that his previous predictions of being able to pay off the debt didn't turn out too well, I'd say he can pipe down. We all want the same thing and that is the continuing success of the football club.

Along with dont worry he will sort it out....and theres a war chest, dont worry.

Or did he mean that he didnt see that the fans, who have paid already with season cards, merchandise, etc, should not feel they have to "dig deep" again?

In any case this will help the trust be in a better position to assist should things go belly up and I would of thought that was a good thing. It just wouldnt look good for RM and his pr machine so perhaps that is why he is against it.

I won't be able to do this but I will try and ask for donations after my saturday morning match and then send the money via paypal, if that is ok?

Well unless he's got a spare £2.1 million lying around that he hasn't been telling us about, we're going to need it and given that his previous predictions of being able to pay off the debt didn't turn out too well, I'd say he can pipe down. We all want the same thing and that is the continuing success of the football club.

well perhaps he has got the money, and he's waiting to go right to the wire to gain a tiddly bit of interest on it?!

My point is that if Ron doesn't want any money at the moment, then so be it. Time will tell whether he's been smart, or whether he's made his own noose.... we'll just have to wait and see.

I have no problem with giving the Trust money, as long as it's clear that at this point in time it's just going to the trust, and not to the club.

I have no problem with giving the Trust money, as long as it's clear that at this point in time it's just going to the trust, and not to the club.

Absolutely right. I don't think there's much point in throwing money at the club just to try and pay off the £690k as that only puts off the inevitable (i.e. we can't then pay the next year's bill, or the one after that etc.). What we may need the money for is trying to pick up the pieces if it does all go belly up.

Back