• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bucket collection, 30th October

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION

i am willing to donate a fair bit for me anyway but what i want to know first is what is going to happen to it. its obvious we are not going to get anywhere near 2.1 mill so the money that is raised what will happen because i don't want a penny given to martin. and would not give any money if this is the case. he's already had enough out of all us with what with season tickets, merchandise etc.

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION

i am willing to donate a fair bit for me anyway but what i want to know first is what is going to happen to it. its obvious we are not going to get anywhere near 2.1 mill so the money that is raised what will happen because i don't want a penny given to martin. and would not give any money if this is the case. he's already had enough out of all us with what with season tickets, merchandise etc.

There is a strong possibility that Southend United will go into Administration on 4th November if outstanding debt to Her Majesty's Revenue Commissioner not met. This will immediately result in a 10 point deduction, effectively making us bottom of the league. The worst case scenario is that if Administrator does not see the club as a going concern the club could be wound up, Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm sold and a new Southend United would have to "rise from the ashes" but start at the bottom of the FA Pyramid (e.g. Aldershot. Halifax, Scarborough AFC Telford, etc.). Our fund raising efforts are to help keep our beloved Southend United afloat but more importantly retain our position in the Coca Cola League. The funds could help towards playing players wages, paying local suppliers, etc. The funds could also be used to buy the club and for the Supporters to run (e.g. Northampton town, Lincoln City, Exeter City, etc.)

The money being raised is going to the Trust not the Club to be used as we see fit after consultation with Supporters Direct

There is a strong possibility that Southend United will go into Administration on 4th November if outstanding debt to Her Majesty's Revenue Commissioner not met. This will immediately result in a 10 point deduction, effectively making us bottom of the league. The worst case scenario is that if Administrator does not see the club as a going concern the club could be wound up, Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm sold and a new Southend United would have to "rise from the ashes" but start at the bottom of the FA Pyramid (e.g. Aldershot. Halifax, Scarborough AFC Telford, etc.). Our fund raising efforts are to help keep our beloved Southend United afloat but more importantly retain our position in the Coca Cola League. The funds could help towards playing players wages, paying local suppliers, etc. The funds could also be used to buy the club and for the Supporters to run (e.g. Northampton town, Lincoln City, Exeter City, etc.)

The money being raised is going to the Trust not the Club to be used as we see fit after consultation with Supporters Direct

thanks for that, saw the answer to my question in another thread but thanks for responding.

~I'm not sure that the administrator can sell either Roots Hall or fossetts farm because the club do not own either of them. It will be Southend United Football Club Ltd that will be put in to administration not SEL or any of the other companies that are linked to us.

I have ONLY had 4 volunteers from on here people, come on shake a bucket, you know you want to!

BIG BUMP!................

We need volunteers people. We cannot do this if we don't have the man/woman power. OBL is coordinating this so please get in contact if you can help.

Collectors will be working in pairs at all strategic points in and around the ground. I know it's been said before but rest assured all monies collected goes to the Trust, NOT Southend United FC.

Please make the effort and help us to help 'Save Our Club'

Phil

I'm not sure this collection is going to be well supported before the decision with regard to administration is made.
Think a big crowd showing their support for the team is the most important thing this Friday.
We are not the only club in serious peril by a long way and as I said in another thread there will be a lot of politics behind the scenes at present.
Looks like Hull may be alot worse off than us anyway!

I'm not sure this collection is going to be well supported before the decision with regard to administration is made.
Think a big crowd showing their support for the team is the most important thing this Friday.
We are not the only club in serious peril by a long way and as I said in another thread there will be a lot of politics behind the scenes at present.

Hull, Portsmouth and others may be, and I do not want to see other clubs go to the wall. However my one concern is the survival of Southend United and if helping financially or any other way helps the club survive then so be it.

You are presuming the collection will not be well supported, i have already made a donation tjhough the trust appeal and will chuck in something else tomorrow as well

You are presuming the collection will not be well supported, i have already made a donation tjhough the trust appeal and will chuck in something else tomorrow as well

Well done Jersey!
we shall be around although not as early as you require. got to have me dinner or i will waste away. we will help out from 6:30/6:45 tho.

Could always bring you a hot packed lunchy/dinner type of thing, can't have you wasting away after all your physical exertions! Incidentally aren't you handling sticks? :O

Could always bring you a hot packed lunchy/dinner type of thing, can't have you wasting away after all your physical exertions! Incidentally aren't you handling sticks? :O

cake and i might improve the time.

whatever help is needed, i am sure we can help do something or other. even if its just keeping cricko and smiffy from oggling the bluebelles.

cake and i might improve the time.

whatever help is needed, i am sure we can help do something or other. even if its just keeping cricko and smiffy from oggling the bluebelles.

Thought cake was off limits atm? You want a cake, you shall get cake - there's a promise.

Please do not attempt to approach my staff with offerings of the sweet tooth nature...Gary, Charlie and Liam will be catered for by Tinks and her Lunchbox.;)

Please do not attempt to approach my staff with offerings of the sweet tooth nature...Gary, Charlie and Liam will be catered for by Tinks and her Lunchbox.;)

Thought Gary was opening himself up for bribery there!

Back