• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Having been learning about business by following RM's business style I cannot see any reason to pay out anymore money to this lot ......

just tell PS to get down to training and tell them all the outstanding cash will be paid in full by the end of April - and get him to tell them the same thing about May - and in June go whoops a daisy things are a bit tight can't really help you out -

put an announcement denying it all on the OS and refer all enquiries to the lawyers - that way it takes years to sort out and most them will give up on it ....

why throw good money after bad ?

its a sound strategy that will preserve the cash we have got .....

in August get another out of work manager and scour the lge 2 and Blue square for out of contract pros - plus any spare family members that can do a bit -

cannot see any gain in keeping giving this lot money - business is business -

Understand that you're upset can't, have been "a sweet sweet feeling" driving back into Essex last night after witnessing the 92nd minute equaliser at Macclesfield.
However, why are you using the word "we" when discussing SUFC?

I dont think its a case of Ron not wanting us to get promoted. He just cannot afford to bring in anymore players but wont admit the truth to Sturrock or the fans.

His financially f*cked and is using Southend as the stadium project to make money.

This 100% nail on the head.

Also, each players has an automatic 25% increase in weekly wage written into their professional contracts on the event of promotion to a higher league - this is mandatory.

It is not mandatory to have a 25% reduction in weekly wage on relegation - this is by indivudal agreement on contracts - some have it, many don't.

Also, each players has an automatic 25% increase in weekly wage written into their professional contracts on the event of promotion to a higher league - this is mandatory.

It is not mandatory to have a 25% reduction in weekly wage on relegation - this is by indivudal agreement on contracts - some have it, many don't.

And people wonder why football is screwed.

Who mandates this: The PFA? The Football League? The FA? Ron Martin?

Really ?

That doesnt sound realistic to me. Sure thats not Football Manager?

I'd also like to know who mandates this and how it is policed. Do you know?

I've never heard of contract wage increases upon promotion being mandatory... I'd love to know who's idea this is and how/who its enforced by.

I've now seen you post this 'claim' twice. It now automatically qualifies as the most inaccurate post of March (there's been some good contenders too).

I'm just very surprised that so many posters actually believed this to be true.

Last edited:
I've now seen you post this 'claim' twice. It now automatically qualifies as the most inaccurate post of March (there's been some good contenders too).

Who has actually believed this to be true? All the comments on the post actually query it.

Just look at the teams in that division.
A lot of close games, Orient, Col U, Charlton, Brentford, Daggers. If it was MK Dons that went up, that would leave, Peterborough, Southampton, Bournemouth. Nearly all of those teams will bring 500 or more especially on a Saturday.
Look at the Charlton game earlier on in the season, we suddenly had more than we normally would just because it was Charlton.
Crystal Palace are likely to be relegated still, that's another close game.
All of the clubs bring a lot more fans, which then attracts our support. It's just the way it works.

We get more TV money I think. We are more likely to attract the better lower league players because we are in League 1. We can attract possibly players like Le Fondre just because we are in League 1. (Probably a bad example as he is probably worth about 1 million).
The possibility of once again reaching the Championship for the new ground season.
The list goes on and on as to why we will have more money to work with, but mainly because of the numbers in the ground!

All of which still probably wont cover our outgoings.

Direct from a PFA Football Agent. As in accurate as you want to make it. And you can or cannot believe it if you want. I know it to be pretty accurate, suprised that you seem so 'shocked'.

Direct from a PFA Football Agent. As in accurate as you want to make it. And you can or cannot believe it if you want. I know it to be pretty accurate, suprised that you seem so 'shocked'.

People are shocked because it simply cannot be true. By 'mandatory' you seem to be implying that this is a legal requirement. That is what a lot of us are struggling to accept. I can believe that it is an industry standard though. I can't imagine that there would be any repercussions on a Club not offering a 25% pay rise in the event of a promotion, other than the chance that the player simply won't sign without that.

please explain how you know it to be 'pretty accurate'. also why you are there please explain what 'pretty accurate' means, it is either right or wrong, there is no room for anything else. It sounds like you have been fed cow poo and have accepted it as fact without using common sense . Sorry but that how I see it

please explain how you know it to be 'pretty accurate'. also why you are there please explain what 'pretty accurate' means, it is either right or wrong, there is no room for anything else. It sounds like you have been fed cow poo and have accepted it as fact without using common sense . Sorry but that how I see it

I know it to be 'pretty accurate' because the chap who told me is a registered PFA Football Agent (a family friend). He stated categorically that no pro footballer would sign a pro contract nowadays unless there is the (and I checked the wording today) obligatory (not mandatory as I wrongly stated before) 25% weekly wage increase on promotion to a higher division. If it's not in there then they simply won't sign the contract.

Now if you'd like me to be 'pretty 'accurate' with how dog**** and condescending I found your post, I will. Sorry but that's how I see it.

I know it to be 'pretty accurate' because the chap who told me is a registered PFA Football Agent (a family friend). He stated categorically that no pro footballer would sign a pro contract nowadays unless there is the (and I checked the wording today) obligatory (not mandatory as I wrongly stated before) 25% weekly wage increase on promotion to a higher division. If it's not in there then they simply won't sign the contract.

Now if you'd like me to be 'pretty 'accurate' with how dog**** and condescending I found your post, I will. Sorry but that's how I see it.

To be fair, it was your use of the word "mandatory" that sparked the comments. If you'd have said "obligatory" in the first place, no-one would have said anything at all and probably thanked you for providing the info.

To be fair, it was your use of the word "mandatory" that sparked the comments. If you'd have said "obligatory" in the first place, no-one would have said anything at all and probably thanked you for providing the info.

Agreed, I corrected myself at the first opportunity. Will try not to make the same mistake again!

Back