• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Buying cigs for kids

Would you buy cigs for an under-16 year old if they asked you?

• Total voters

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
I'm working from home today and just popped round the corner to get a newspaper.

Outside, a young hoody asked me if I'd get him some cigs and, as I always do, I refused. Is that a bit harsh of me, or definitely the right thing to do? Note that I don't smoke myself.

By the way, if it's a 'no', any ideas for amusing replies rather than a flat and grumpy 'no'? Today, I told the boy that I was only 15 myself and as such wouldn't get served.

I live quite near a secondary school so this is a fairly common occurrence.

Err no, James, absolutely the right thing to do, besides which isn't it an offence to do so knowingly, like with alcohol? They're supposed to be 18 now to buy them incidentally and why weren't they at school???!

Definitely the right thing to do.

My mate once told a group of mutual friends about the time he bought booze for some teenage girls and one of them "rewarded" him appropriately, dirty old perv (he maintains that they were 16+ but I have my doubts...)

Get the fags, stick 10% on and sell them to him.

I'll buy them, as long as i get 2 or 3 from the packet. They're gunna get them one way or another, so i might aswell get something out of it myself

Look them up and down carefully and then say, "Sorry son. I don't think you're cool enough to smoke."

If they argue the point, just shrug and say that you don't make the rules.

Whenever I got asked this at college I used to buy them the wrong brand purposefully and then say "Sorry, it's all they had..." and walk off.

Hey Chaps!

What I normally do is take the hoody's money and not get the ciggies. What's the little scrote going to do eh?

Either that or tell him that if he buys an eighth, I'll throw in a couple of snouts gratis, like.

It's a good way to increase your customer base.

Kind Regards

Definitely the right thing to do.

My mate once told a group of mutual friends about the time he bought booze for some teenage girls and one of them "rewarded" him appropriately, dirty old perv (he maintains that they were 16+ but I have my doubts...)

What shop was that? Purely because I want to make sure I stay away from there, of course.

I remember one of my mates used to keep a ball of cotton wool in his box of matches so they wouldn't rattle and alert his parents.

I said no to some 15 year London chav the other day at out sleepy Sussex local store and he called me a ****. I replied no your the **** as I can buy fags and you cant. Think he got the message.

I recon I could make a quid a fag at school if I sold 'em. ;)
Apparently that is the going rate these days.... upping the age has made it even harder to get hold of them (not surprisingly) and prices are high! One of my Y11s told me it was easier to get weed than baccy...

One of my Year 11 students asked me what fags I smoked, then told me what she smoked.

Her bf was at the same bus stop as me, and asked me for a fag, I said no as he should know I can't hand them out to students at my place (or anyone under 18 for that matter). I just smoked one in front of him. Luckily I get on well with them.

Cheeky sods....

I recon I could make a quid a fag at school if I sold 'em. ;)
Apparently that is the going rate these days.... upping the age has made it even harder to get hold of them (not surprisingly) and prices are high! One of my Y11s told me it was easier to get weed than baccy...

Yeah, and booze. The stories I hear of kids in Year 8 upwards down the sea wall and town centre in Canvey every weekend is awful. You should hear what the Year 7's get up to, too.... :nope:

Back