• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Buying cigs for kids

Would you buy cigs for an under-16 year old if they asked you?

• Total voters
Yeah, and booze. The stories I hear of kids in Year 8 upwards down the sea wall and town centre in Canvey every weekend is awful. You should hear what the Year 7's get up to, too.... :nope:

V true.
And apparently there are photos of them ALL OVER facebook...
:thumbdown:

V true.
And apparently there are photos of them ALL OVER facebook...
:thumbdown:

We caught out one student with a picture that was posted on Facebook and what he said about some of the teachers. This was on an open group slagging off the school which everyone could see. Silly gits, dont know what trouble they can get themselves into.

We caught out one student with a picture that was posted on Facebook and what he said about some of the teachers. This was on an open group slagging off the school which everyone could see. Silly gits, dont know what trouble they can get themselves into.

I know. It's all open and it's all accountable.
A load of students arranged a 'beat up such and such' event this week. Police involved and every one who they were 'attending' is being involved.
Trouble is it is a grey area as to how far school gets involved. So much bullying on there now, is it really schools responsibility? Yes in many ways, but is it policeable? Hmm....
What I originally meant though was all the drunken/nakedness/sex that goes on and is *apparently* well documented on FB. Girls ending up in v risque photos posted on FB...
Bad times.

I got asked by a few kids today to buy fags for them, naturally I refused. Annoyingly I thought of a witty remark about 5 minutes later so next time I'm asked I know exactly my response...if I can remember it in time.

Not quite buying but a funny story anyway. Mate of mine who I used to work with when we used to go for our liquid lunch we used to have to walk past a secondary school and he would always get asked if smoking by some of the kids if he had a spare one. He always refused, then he decided to play a joke, he pulled some backie out of the top put an exploding cap thing in there and replaced the backie. He then waited till he was asked again and had it marked in his box especially. And like clockwork he was asked and the kid lit the fag started taking a couple of lugs and then *BOOM* he jumped about 6 foot in the air and looked like he was going to cry. LOL! He never got asked for a cigarette again from kids of that school.

Despite looking about 12 I sometimes get asked to buy cigs for "hang-a-bouts". I always refuse, mainly because I hate smoking but also because I know exactly what can happen if you are caught.

Working part time at Tesco when I was at uni, they used to show examples of people that had bought Cigs/Booze for kids and then been caught, and if I remember correct, it's a £5k fine a criminal record and possible imprisonment, and I just haven't got 5k to gamble for the sake of making 50p out of stealing their change!

Despite looking about 12 I sometimes get asked to buy cigs for "hang-a-bouts". I always refuse, mainly because I hate smoking but also because I know exactly what can happen if you are caught.

Working part time at Tesco when I was at uni, they used to show examples of people that had bought Cigs/Booze for kids and then been caught, and if I remember correct, it's a £5k fine a criminal record and possible imprisonment, and I just haven't got 5k to gamble for the sake of making 50p out of stealing their change!

Yep thats right. Also, your manager would get it in the neck as well.

Not quite buying but a funny story anyway. Mate of mine who I used to work with when we used to go for our liquid lunch we used to have to walk past a secondary school and he would always get asked if smoking by some of the kids if he had a spare one. He always refused, then he decided to play a joke, he pulled some backie out of the top put an exploding cap thing in there and replaced the backie. He then waited till he was asked again and had it marked in his box especially. And like clockwork he was asked and the kid lit the fag started taking a couple of lugs and then *BOOM* he jumped about 6 foot in the air and looked like he was going to cry. LOL! He never got asked for a cigarette again from kids of that school.

ahh, reminds me of nicking magnesium from school and putting it in cigarettes to be handed out. much amusement for all concerned

Back