• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Camera

steveo

mine to stay the same please
I have a decent Pentax DSLR which I can never be bothered to take out because of its size so I looked long and hard to find a decent camera which would be easy to carry and simple to use, snaps really , nothing too artistic.

I settled for a Panasonic DMCFS5 which seemd to fit the bill.

However, I went to a wedding at the weekend and taking pictures inside the marquee was rubbish, even in the daylight it seemed a bit slow. If you took an un posed piccy of someone walking past you, by the time the shutter fired they had gone.

Not content with this thing I now want to change to something else, which will take decent sharp pics with the minimum fuss and be easy to put in my pocket. Doesnt need any fancy video or stuff like that.

Any recomendations?

Just bought my wife a Panasonic Tz5.

It's great. Got it on ebay with a free 8gb memory card plus a few other bits I wont use for £195.

3" screen and best of all in my opinion, it's got the fast sequence shooting mode and you can take loads of photos in quick succession. Great for if you have kids.

i'm a big fan of the sony alpha range, should be able to find a decent one second hand!

I have a decent Pentax DSLR which I can never be bothered to take out because of its size so I looked long and hard to find a decent camera which would be easy to carry and simple to use, snaps really , nothing too artistic.

I settled for a Panasonic DMCFS5 which seemd to fit the bill.

However, I went to a wedding at the weekend and taking pictures inside the marquee was rubbish, even in the daylight it seemed a bit slow. If you took an un posed piccy of someone walking past you, by the time the shutter fired they had gone.

Not content with this thing I now want to change to something else, which will take decent sharp pics with the minimum fuss and be easy to put in my pocket. Doesnt need any fancy video or stuff like that.

Any recomendations?

I am on my 3rd [FONT=arial,tahoma,helvetica]Fuji Finepix[/FONT] and i have always had great results..........can 100% recommend them

My S5700 is superb mate, great thing is that it has a 10 x Optical zoom... don't waste your time with Digital Zoom, it is pants this is the spec,

bludot10x10.gif
7.1 MegaPixel CCD for Ultra Sharp Images
bludot10x10.gif
10x Optical Zoom Lens for Creative Imaging (38-380mm on 35mm)
bludot10x10.gif
2.5 Inch Full Colour LCD plus SLR Style Viewfinder
bludot10x10.gif
27Mb Internal Memory plus xD and SD Card Expansion
bludot10x10.gif
4.8x Digital Zoom
bludot10x10.gif
Exposure Modes - Full Auto, Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Full Manual and various scene modes.
bludot10x10.gif
AVI Movies at 640x480 at 30 FPS with Sound
bludot10x10.gif
Uses AA Batteries, alkalines suppied, rechargeables recommended, see below.
bludot10x10.gif
Full Speed USB2.0 Interface

I paid £120.00 but have seen it recently for £94.00

I use a Canon Ixus 850is and can highly recommend it, compact, wide angle lens and a 3.8 optical zoom. Great bit of kit

Thanks for the tips chaps, ill have a look round

I use a Canon Ixus 850is and can highly recommend it, compact, wide angle lens and a 3.8 optical zoom. Great bit of kit

Have to agree with Kent Shrimper, i have the same camera, its a very good camera!!!

Another vote for the finepix. Really clear photos and a great size for carrying around. I hate taking photos but its really easy to use.

what you doing with your pentax then stevo?

ill probably keep it for when I can be bothered to take it out. Not sure about the Panasonic though.

Back