• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Campbell Vs. Hutchinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Who’s going to win this one?

Sol clearly doesn’t want Hutch here, and if rumours are to be believed, was very insistent that he was shipped out during January.

It tells you all you need to know, when yoofies & long term absentees are higher in the pecking order.

However, as far as I’m aware, Ron is a fan of the lad, and sees him as the future, which is maybe one of the main reasons why we didn’t see him depart in January.

It can’t continue like this indefinitely, So... who wins? Or to put it another way, who leaves first?

Where does this come from,someone know something others dont.

At this point, let’s call it an educated guess.

The fact that we’re 1-0 down, at home, to a below par (and frankly mediocre) opposition, and bumbling defender, Joe Shagnessmonster ambles onto the pitch after a 3-month layoff, instead of Hutch, should tell you all you need to know.

Last edited:

Sol clearly doesn’t want Hutch here, and if rumours are to be believed, was very insistent that he was shipped out during January.

It tells you all you need to know, when yoofies & long term absentees are higher in the pecking order.

However, as far as I’m aware, Ron is a fan of the lad, and sees him as the future, which is maybe one of the main reasons why we didn’t see him depart in January.

It can’t continue like this indefinitely, So... who wins? Or to put it another way, who leaves first?

This is the problem. Ron shouldn't have any say in it. Appoint a DoF or CeO ffs

He’s ok, no final product whatsoever....final ball...shot....selections in critical moments are awful.

He runs with the ball well and offers something different to the team, but let’s not big him up to be some kind of saviour.

A promising youth team player who isn’t in favour at the moment, who’s time will come.

The fact that we’re 1-0 down, at home, to a below par (and frankly mediocre) opposition, and bumbling defender Joe Shagnessmonster ambles onto the pitch after a 3-month layoff, instead of Hutch, should tell you all you need to know.

I actually thought bumbling defender Joe Shagnessmonster did OK in midfield when he came on. One turn with the ball that Hutchinson would have been proud of and won a number of headers including the one that led to Rush's late chance for an equaliser. Can't believe I'm saying this but I reckon he contributed more than Hutchinson would have done.

I think Sol is just putting together a battling hard working team at the moment which Hutchinson is neither ....I think the nicerties will be added at a later date which is understandable.

That said I don’t see that you have anything to lose by chucking him on with 15 to go at 1 : 0 down. Perhaps he is just looking drum into players the work ethic this season to make us harder to beat next and results don’t really matter for now

I actually thought bumbling defender Joe Shagnessmonster did OK in midfield when he came on. One turn with the ball that Hutchinson would have been proud of and won a number of headers including the one that led to Rush's late chance for an equaliser. Can't believe I'm saying this but I reckon he contributed more than Hutchinson would have done.

Sure, he wasn’t terrible, and actually looked marginally better than his earlier form.

But come on let’s be honest, chasing the game at 1-0, at home... is he the man you see changing the game in your favour?

I think Sol is just putting together a battling hard working team at the moment which Hutchinson is neither ....I think the nicerties will be added at a later date which is understandable.

That said I don’t see that you have anything to lose by chucking him on with 15 to go at 1 : 0 down. Perhaps he is just looking drum into players the work ethic this season to make us harder to beat next and results don’t really matter for now

I’m with you to a point, but the young lad Egbri looks like he couldn’t get on any of the good rides at Alton Towers.

Love his energy, but a battler, he is not

The fact that we’re 1-0 down, at home, to a below par (and frankly mediocre) opposition, and bumbling defender, Joe Shagnessmonster ambles onto the pitch after a 3-month layoff, instead of Hutch, should tell you all you need to know.

It’s called Ego ......he’d rather lose the game then let his ego take a debt

Tonight was crying out for Rush and Hutchinson to be brought on after what, 60 mins? To me this game was winnable as Gillingham weren’t playing great. I take the point that Campbell is trying to instill a work ethic, make us harder to beat etc. But at home we should be trying to win games. Nothing breeds confidence more than winning. I can only think starting Kyp and bringing on Shaughnessy was to give them minutes, but I found it odd. Leave Clifford at left back, why change it? Just my opinions.

I find it ridiculous that he doesn’t play him. If there is an issue, Campbell needs to get over himself for the good of the team.

Sure, he wasn’t terrible, and actually looked marginally better than his earlier form.

But come on let’s be honest, chasing the game at 1-0, at home... is he the man you see changing the game in your favour?

No, you're right I wouldn't see Shaughnessy being the guy to spark a late revival. I reckon Campbell put him on to get a bit of game time ahead of Saturday. However he did actually have an important part in the move that so nearly did change the game in our favour, something that Hutchinson hasn't produced in his brief appearances of late. That's a great disappointment as Isaac has a great talent but still some shortcomings he's going to have to improve on. Sadly it looks as though that will be at another club.

You may well be onto something.

A few weeks back, I said to @Blueronron that Sol omitting troublemakers was a good thing (it was), and that we should absolutely trust his judgement on the matter.

Something about this situation seems different though. Hutch has either done something drastically wrong, or Sol just doesn’t like him.

All rather odd, tbh.

Depends how damaged the relationship is between Ron and Sol. I don’t think it’s inconceivable that Sol could be out of the door first!

What is this great fascination with Hutchinson? He really ain’t that good , can’t defend to save his life , I’d say Egbri is better in the air and yes he can dribble the ball but it never comes to anything anyway usually just runs into a crowd and loses it .

Egotistical, pig-headed. Cutting off his nose to spite his face. Anyone could see that 20 minutes of Hutchinson was going to give us far more chance of getting an equaliser than say Egbri.
But his bloody-mindedness soured what had been a battling performance up to then.
Mark my words, if we are proposing to get out of League 2 in an upwards direction next year, then we don't want someone in charge who is treating us as his hobby, who gets sidetracked by little personal vendettas.

I heard an opinion on Saturday that Mr Campbell went off Isaac because Isaac took a dive in the game at Dover. I wasn’t at Dover so wouldn’t know if this was true or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back