• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If there was a difference between the companies I would agree Jon, but there isn't.

But there is a difference. RM owns lots of companies which own SUFC. SUFC is a company in itself (SUFC Ltd). RM finances the shortfall from SUFC Ltd via these companies (god knows how), and so FBM is right... if we help improve the cashflow into SUFC then there'd be less reliance on RM's companies to top us up each month.

But there is a difference. RM owns lots of companies which own SUFC. SUFC is a company in itself (SUFC Ltd). RM finances the shortfall from SUFC Ltd via these companies (god knows how), and so FBM is right... if we help improve the cashflow into SUFC then there'd be less reliance on RM's companies to top us up each month.

Nice picture of honest Ron...he finances all on the back of the ground. He has lived and maintained his lifestyle on the back of us for years.When was the last time Martin Dawn did anything, well it hasn't. how on earth do you think he lives unless it is borrowing on the back of the clubs funds.

I won't mention the 135k he took out of the club funds to buy a piece of land last year...Ops I did.

It is of no relevance when he owns the lot, it is how it is, he borrows from whoever to fulfil his dream, but if you think funds that go into the club stay there for the benefit of SUFC you are sadly mistaken.

See you fished and now I have to bite, we could if it was a stand alone company, but it isn't, it is within a myriad of companies that pass money about to keep them all and one man afloat to keep him going.

We were doing so well up until that point :winking:

Yeah, yeah I get all that, I even referred to it in my opening post.

However...

Ron Martin hasn't got rich (yet) on the back of SUFC. In fact, all his assets are now in hock, mainly on our account.

I would imagine he is moving money around, borrowing from one to pay another. That's how the world works. As soon as the credit line stops, the shi.t hits the fan and it all collapses.

He has a nice house I would imagine and has a decent car, probably leased. Most businessmens vehicles are. The house I would guess is mortgaged as are other pieces of land that he owns. The debt needs to be serviced and he is extending that debt by I don't know how much each month now, but lets say for the sake of argument £15k.

Let's say the profit on a shirt is £15, then if 1000 people bought one then it's £15k less RM has to borrow now, and that tides us over for a month. If 2000 extra people go to the Yeovil game, that's £20k if it's £10 a tciket - I don't know what the price is. But that's another months shortfall covered.

"So what if it's less for Ron to borrow?" people might say... well, what it would mean is that the money would be there if it was really needed, plus the club would be on the way to being self sufficient, which we will have to be at FF.

If it keeps the team on the pitch, intimidates the opposition and helps us into L1, then I'm all for it.

Nice picture of honest Ron...he finances all on the back of the ground. He has lived and maintained his lifestyle on the back of us for years.When was the last time Martin Dawn did anything, well it hasn't. how on earth do you think he lives unless it is borrowing on the back of the clubs funds.

I won't mention the 135k he took out of the club funds to buy a piece of land last year...Ops I did.

It is of no relevance when he owns the lot, it is how it is, he borrows from whoever to fulfil his dream, but if you think funds that go into the club stay there for the benefit of SUFC you are sadly mistaken.

Do you know what he bought the land for though John? Is it for his own benefit (difficult if it's land) or was it as part of a deal by which the money comes back into SUFC every month?

I do know what you're saying and I know how the cynic must look at it, but how much money has been injected into SUFC over the past few years? RM and his companies (together with Tara Brady, Gary Lockett and God knows who else) are all owed a packet because the club is bleeding money.

If we had a turnover like West Ham and still had no money, I'd agree with you. If we made a whole ton of profit and he milked every penny, not re-investing into the club, then THAT'S when I'd get mad. And this isn't a "poor Ron" post, but even the most unbelieving, Ron hating, cynical supporter must surely see that this club has cost far more to run than he or anyone else could have ever taken out of it.

Do you know what he bought the land for though John? Is it for his own benefit (difficult if it's land) or was it as part of a deal by which the money comes back into SUFC every month?

I do know what you're saying and I know how the cynic must look at it, but how much money has been injected into SUFC over the past few years? RM and his companies (together with Tara Brady, Gary Lockett and God knows who else) are all owed a packet because the club is bleeding money.

If we had a turnover like West Ham and still had no money, I'd agree with you. If we made a whole ton of profit and he milked every penny, not re-investing into the club, then THAT'S when I'd get mad. And this isn't a "poor Ron" post, but even the most unbelieving, Ron hating, cynical supporter must surely see that this club has cost far more to run than he or anyone else could have ever taken out of it.

Here comes the voice of doom!!!

We earnt £300,000 from Wembley. Within 2 months we still had players unpaid and winding up orders

If we can get a massive injection which means we break even for the season why cant we survive the summer without winding up orders?

How much cash needs to go into the club to stop these problems?!

I admire fbm's spirit but the fact Wembley hasnt helped makes me wonder what will.

Ill do my bit, Ill subscribe to Blues Player and go to games as normal, wont buy a shirt but have bought a polo shirt etc so my money goes in, but I do wonder how we swallow up so much cash.

Yeah, yeah I get all that, I even referred to it in my opening post.

However...

Ron Martin hasn't got rich (yet) on the back of SUFC. In fact, all his assets are now in hock, mainly on our account.

No they are not they are mainly for his account to fulfil a dream, you cannot blame the club for one man, who has sweet F-A's dream to get rich. Why do you think that buying 400 shirts or whatever will make a difference, it will not. It is about RM surviving to the end goal, it is not about SUFC and never was.

It is a means to an end goal he has being trying to do for years, and borrowing and landing debts on the club at every corner. It IS NOT ABOUT Sufc , it is about Ron Martin.

Thank God for Wembley then. What we owe won't be touched by a good cup run but the key is the cashflow. A company can have a decent P&L account yet still go down because of cashflow.

The fans are the key to the cashflow. We can keep the club afloat month to month if we want to. We can't repay the millions of pounds of debt because we could never raise enough money. We can't buy Ron out because he won't sell.

However, we can provide the cashflow and as any businessman knows, that is one of the most important things.

No they are not they are mainly for his account to fulfil a dream, you cannot blame the club for one man, who has sweet F-A's dream to get rich. Why do you think that buying 400 shirts or whatever will make a difference, it will not. It is about RM surviving to the end goal, it is not about SUFC and never was.

It is a means to anend goal he has being trying to do for years, and borrowing and landing debts on the club at every corner. It IS NOT ABOUT Sufc , it is about Ron Martin.

Cashflow. That's all. We can keep the team on the pitch.

That is far to difficult to report on here Mark but of course will talk to you in private.

Thank God for Wembley then. What we owe won't be touched by a good cup run but the key is the cashflow. A company can have a decent P&L account yet still go down because of cashflow.

The fans are the key to the cashflow. We can keep the club afloat month to month if we want to. We can't repay the millions of pounds of debt because we could never raise enough money. We can't buy Ron out because he won't sell.

However, we can provide the cashflow and as any businessman knows, that is one of the most important things.

And the person to cover his arse and make sure he gets all his bills paid through the club before anybody else does , even staff he employs is RM..ask the last club accountant why he left. He could not stand anymore of the hypocrisy.

Indeed thank heaven for Wembley, but surely after April we would have been cash rich and thats what I dont understand.
Surely we had a massive injection that should have sorted out cashflow for at least a few months (if we are losing £60k a month). Yet even with that cash flowing readily we still faltered within 2 months ?

Really begs the question what immediate issues we had that £300,000 had to sort out, when we were meant to be breaking even.

Indeed thank heaven for Wembley, but surely after April we would have been cash rich and thats what I dont understand.
Surely we had a massive injection that should have sorted out cashflow for at least a few months (if we are losing £60k a month). Yet even with that cash flowing readily we still faltered within 2 months ?

Really begs the question what immediate issues we had that £300,000 had to sort out, when we were meant to be breaking even.

We didn't Ron did and he owes Crewe monies and the FL...where did it go? who knows, it for sure didn't stay in the clubs funds.

300k isn't much though. Thats about six weeks wages, PAYE and VAT I'd guess. Just meant that we didn't need to borrow any extra funds that one month. Maybe two. Chances are it was spent before it even came to us,

Guys, several threads on here relate to finances, umbongo's etc and there are various comments from people to those who they think are close to the club or in the know, asking what the situation is.

Look, it's not rocket science and we don't need someone close to the club to tell us.

We have no available cash. RM is "arranging" for our funds to be topped up by however many thousand a month is needed whenever it is most pressing. The club money DOES NOT go into his pocket. There are a whole myriad of companies involved in the running of SUFC and ownership of the land. It is done that way for a reason, obviously, presumably from a protection point of view. However, the money has to be raised somehow and from somewhere.

He has stated publicly in the past that this situation will pretty much continue for as long as we are at Roots Hall. For those who says he never tells the truth, there it is, plain and simple. We therefore needn't be surprised when HMRC come knocking again.

When we get to FF things will be different. We are not told how, but they will be different. There is of course the possibility that the new Barca manager will have not done his homework correctly and offer £30m for Straker, really believing he is the new Gareth Bale. But until then, we - the fans - are the only ones who have the power to be a massive income stream to the club. We are inching towards the finish line here, FF will happen and I urge and implore the people who call themselves to be supporters to stand up and be counted NOW. If you are going to support the club, then do so; don't just look at the results, watch the highlights on the internet and then moan that the club has no cash.

Without fans, a club ceases to exist. If we want the club to continue on the pitch, we have to do our bit off it and believe me, a little contribution via gate receipts, merchandise, whatever is going to be a drop in the ocean to what people will have to stump up in order to get a Phoenix Club through the non-leagues and back into L2.

There are clearly things going on that we don't know about as, despite all the different claims by people, we do sign players, not many but they do occasionally come, we aren't in administration and will never be (unless RM dies but that's a different issue and actually quite a worrying one) and we do still have a team to support.

So, with the season nearly upon us, can we wipe the slate clean, pray for FF to happen sooner rather than later and all just club together to keep the team afloat.

We are Southend United. We have over the years had a fantastic reputation as fans and for being a family club.

Let us get back the Spirit of Southampton and Spirit of Doncaster, when we celebrated despite heavy defeats. Let us make Roots Hall the "difficult place it was to come" (according to most other managers) rather than the somewhat easy touch it is now.

Let us really become the 12th man and make it for us, not the opposition.

True Blue and the North Bank and TBV, please refrain from any anti-player chants and songs and round on those that start them. Save the dissatisfaction for after the game. During the 90 minutes, let's support the team and show them who are are. Southend United, not Divided.

Order those shirts. Book those tickets. Get the club a decent windfall by attending the Yeovil game.

This is our club. Let's do our bit.

Blue Army!

I do have some objections to this post, although I agree whole heartedly with what you say times do change for some of us, myself and my son where long term season ticket holders and also purchased shirts but now I have retired and have to choose the matches I can afford to watch with an old shirt and as my son now has a morgage and young family his time and money has to be spent on them, not everybody is as lucky as you have been in life.

300k isn't much though. Thats about six weeks wages, PAYE and VAT I'd guess. Just meant that we didn't need to borrow any extra funds that one month. Maybe two. Chances are it was spent before it even came to us,

Yet we were meant to be breaking even so that in itself surely means bills were being paid ?

And the person to cover his arse and make sure he gets all his bills paid through the club before anybody else does , even staff he employs is RM..ask the last club accountant why he left. He could not stand anymore of the hypocrisy.

RM really pays himself prior to the staff etc. if so that's sticking I know my mate who works for Porsche saying he served RM he was buying a motor for his son! His a fellow shrimper as well

Back