• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guys, several threads on here relate to finances, umbongo's etc and there are various comments from people to those who they think are close to the club or in the know, asking what the situation is.

Look, it's not rocket science and we don't need someone close to the club to tell us.

We have no available cash. RM is "arranging" for our funds to be topped up by however many thousand a month is needed whenever it is most pressing. The club money DOES NOT go into his pocket. There are a whole myriad of companies involved in the running of SUFC and ownership of the land. It is done that way for a reason, obviously, presumably from a protection point of view. However, the money has to be raised somehow and from somewhere.

He has stated publicly in the past that this situation will pretty much continue for as long as we are at Roots Hall. For those who says he never tells the truth, there it is, plain and simple. We therefore needn't be surprised when HMRC come knocking again.

When we get to FF things will be different. We are not told how, but they will be different. There is of course the possibility that the new Barca manager will have not done his homework correctly and offer £30m for Straker, really believing he is the new Gareth Bale. But until then, we - the fans - are the only ones who have the power to be a massive income stream to the club. We are inching towards the finish line here, FF will happen and I urge and implore the people who call themselves to be supporters to stand up and be counted NOW. If you are going to support the club, then do so; don't just look at the results, watch the highlights on the internet and then moan that the club has no cash.

Without fans, a club ceases to exist. If we want the club to continue on the pitch, we have to do our bit off it and believe me, a little contribution via gate receipts, merchandise, whatever is going to be a drop in the ocean to what people will have to stump up in order to get a Phoenix Club through the non-leagues and back into L2.

There are clearly things going on that we don't know about as, despite all the different claims by people, we do sign players, not many but they do occasionally come, we aren't in administration and will never be (unless RM dies but that's a different issue and actually quite a worrying one) and we do still have a team to support.

So, with the season nearly upon us, can we wipe the slate clean, pray for FF to happen sooner rather than later and all just club together to keep the team afloat.

We are Southend United. We have over the years had a fantastic reputation as fans and for being a family club.

Let us get back the Spirit of Southampton and Spirit of Doncaster, when we celebrated despite heavy defeats. Let us make Roots Hall the "difficult place it was to come" (according to most other managers) rather than the somewhat easy touch it is now.

Let us really become the 12th man and make it for us, not the opposition.

True Blue and the North Bank and TBV, please refrain from any anti-player chants and songs and round on those that start them. Save the dissatisfaction for after the game. During the 90 minutes, let's support the team and show them who are are. Southend United, not Divided.

Order those shirts. Book those tickets. Get the club a decent windfall by attending the Yeovil game.

This is our club. Let's do our bit.

Blue Army!

Erm yes boss????

Excellent post , im sure all true supporters do what they can to help SUFC, THE PIECE I REALLY LIKED WAS ASKING THE SUPPORTERS TO GET BEHIND THE PLAYERS,, A TRUE SUPPORTER NOT MATTER WHAT HE THINKS OF THE PLAYER WOULD TRY TO RAISE HIS SPIRITS WHEN HES HAVING A BAD DAY NOT DEFLATE THEM. lETS ALL GET BEHIND THE PLAYERS THIS SEASON AND THE MANAGER AND HIS STAFF ,SHOUT LOUD ,SHOUT LONG C/MON BLUES

Here comes the voice of doom!!!

We earnt £300,000 from Wembley. Within 2 months we still had players unpaid and winding up orders

If we can get a massive injection which means we break even for the season why cant we survive the summer without winding up orders?

How much cash needs to go into the club to stop these problems?!

I admire fbm's spirit but the fact Wembley hasnt helped makes me wonder what will.

Ill do my bit, Ill subscribe to Blues Player and go to games as normal, wont buy a shirt but have bought a polo shirt etc so my money goes in, but I do wonder how we swallow up so much cash.

I think the current financial situation at Southend confirms what many of us felt when Ron Martin showed Paul Sturrock the door and hired Phil Brown and his backroom staff - namely, Southend simply did not have the resources to hire this management team and also put a successful team on the pitch. I sincerely hope I am proven to wrong about this.

I don't have any money to but shirts or go to games at the moment I'm afraid, sorry chaps!

I do have some objections to this post, although I agree whole heartedly with what you say times do change for some of us, myself and my son where long term season ticket holders and also purchased shirts but now I have retired and have to choose the matches I can afford to watch with an old shirt and as my son now has a morgage and young family his time and money has to be spent on them, not everybody is as lucky as you have been in life.

But my post is aimed at the people who COULD do more but for whatever reason have elected not to. It is not about someone who cannot - for geographical or economic reasons - do as much as they would perhaps like.

Knew I would be to blame here somewhere or the North Bank or TBV!!!!!

Lol, you're not to blame and in other posts last year I have recognised the incredible contribution you make to the club via your support and rallying of others... but we all need to get behind the team and anti Smith, Straker or club chants during matches help the away team more than us. So, if anyone starts one, put 'em right!

See you fished and now I have to bite, we could if it was a stand alone company, but it isn't, it is within a myriad of companies that pass money about to keep them all and one man afloat to keep him going.

We were doing so well up until that point :winking:

Nice picture of honest Ron...he finances all on the back of the ground. He has lived and maintained his lifestyle on the back of us for years.When was the last time Martin Dawn did anything, well it hasn't. how on earth do you think he lives unless it is borrowing on the back of the clubs funds.

I won't mention the 135k he took out of the club funds to buy a piece of land last year...Ops I did.

It is of no relevance when he owns the lot, it is how it is, he borrows from whoever to fulfil his dream, but if you think funds that go into the club stay there for the benefit of SUFC you are sadly mistaken.

How refreshing to hear from someone who see's it a bit like me. Nice One Cricko. I see it that RM is only in it for himself at the end. When he gets his pot of gold, he will be off. Until then, no One else can get a piece. Our club is probably being raped and pillaged behind our backs. But as long as the club survives, and we get a shiny new stadium, fans will turn a blind eye.
All this secrecy, all the missing monies. All the false promises. Where did the cup run money, Sky TV and the Wembley final money go? Surely, we have a right to know.
This is the problem I have with your rallying call fbm. Even if we generate more money for the club, it disappears for Ron to use for whatever he likes, without him having to tell us what he used it for.

How refreshing to hear from someone who see's it a bit like me. Nice One Cricko. I see it that RM is only in it for himself at the end. When he gets his pot of gold, he will be off. Until then, no One else can get a piece. Our club is probably being raped and pillaged behind our backs. But as long as the club survives, and we get a shiny new stadium, fans will turn a blind eye.
All this secrecy, all the missing monies. All the false promises. Where did the cup run money, Sky TV and the Wembley final money go? Surely, we have a right to know.
This is the problem I have with your rallying call fbm. Even if we generate more money for the club, it disappears for Ron to use for whatever he likes, without him having to tell us what he used it for.

Those annual accounts are pesky things for people like Ron.

See you fished and now I have to bite, we could if it was a stand alone company, but it isn't, it is within a myriad of companies that pass money about to keep them all and one man afloat to keep him going.

We were doing so well up until that point :winking:

Nice picture of honest Ron...he finances all on the back of the ground. He has lived and maintained his lifestyle on the back of us for years.When was the last time Martin Dawn did anything, well it hasn't. how on earth do you think he lives unless it is borrowing on the back of the clubs funds.

I won't mention the 135k he took out of the club funds to buy a piece of land last year...Ops I did.

It is of no relevance when he owns the lot, it is how it is, he borrows from whoever to fulfil his dream, but if you think funds that go into the club stay there for the benefit of SUFC you are sadly mistaken.

Those annual accounts are pesky things for people like Ron.

Yes. Shame they always seem to be late, and lots of things are missing. Is that 135K for that land in the accounts?

Lol, you're not to blame and in other posts last year I have recognised the incredible contribution you make to the club via your support and rallying of others... but we all need to get behind the team and anti Smith, Straker or club chants during matches help the away team more than us. So, if anyone starts one, put 'em right!

It ain't about me though its about the fans as a whole it's not exclusive to the north bank when fans get on the players backs the other stands are just as guilty

It ain't about me though its about the fans as a whole it's not exclusive to the north bank when fans get on the players backs the other stands are just as guilty

Whilst thats true the Blue Voice's role is to provide a positive atmosphere so you chaps should be leading from the front.

Who knows? It won't be in there for a while in any case. ps what things are missing? Have you audited them?

O.K. Napster. Our great leader is playing above board for everyone to see. He will answer any questions as he has nothing to hide. He didn't fall out with people he brought into the club, over money, and what he is doing with club money. He can't wait to tell us where the Cup run, Sky TV and Wembley money went.
I think Cricko knows a lot more than he can let on, on a public forum. If you PM him and ask him in strict confidentiality, he may open your eyes.

O.K. Napster. Our great leader is playing above board for everyone to see. He will answer any questions as he has nothing to hide. He didn't fall out with people he brought into the club, over money, and what he is doing with club money. He can't wait to tell us where the Cup run, Sky TV and Wembley money went.
I think Cricko knows a lot more than he can let on, on a public forum. If you PM him and ask him in strict confidentiality, he may open your eyes.

My eyes are open. But I don't start from the assumption that everything Ron does is inherently bad. Incompetent, but not bad.

Back