• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Car Insurance

Pubey

Starting to think about getting my own wheels. I've been a named driver on my mums car and my fiancees car, and it's never really made a big difference to their premiums.

I'm 25, had license for 7 years. got 3 points 3 years ago, had 1 accident 3 years ago (other parties fault), I want to put my fiancee on it too (same as me but not accident or points).

Best gocompare quote is coming out around £800 (2002 1.3 Clio worth £1500). is this a lot?! are there any companies i should have a look at? I've not acrrued any no claims because i've just been a named driver, annoyingly.

Sorry for the dumbass question, just seems £800 a year is quite steep.

Cheers,
Jon

Have you tried Compare the MeerKat.com

If for no other reason than to wind those cute little critters up some more

Its your age mate. Hit your 30's and the price plummets.

I suppose so. I think i'll just have to bite the bullet and suffer for a couple of years. Once my points and accident is 5 years old then they won't count, and I'll have got 2 years no claims too.

grrr!

Put it this way I own a group 19 (I think from memory) Golf R32 and I am 24 and I pay about £500 a year and thats DAMN good - with Admiral btw

you got any convictions or previous accidents? this also has my fiance named on the policy too. will have a look at admiral

you got any convictions or previous accidents? this also has my fiance named on the policy too. will have a look at admiral

what mite help is getting Admiral multi car so if you get your mums or dads car to come over to admiral you both make another saving on top.

Also having a named driver on there who is experienced mite bring it down a tad.

and lastly if your in employment be creative with your job title as it can effect the price for example....

A Company buyer could also be known as a Purchasing Manager or Stock Controller.

Normally if your upfront with the person on the phone they will let you try different titles to help you bring the cost down - though dont go to mad with making it up or they will not pay out on an accident unless you can prove you do what you say you do.

yeah i've got the same but it was 2007

it was one of them gay ones that face opposite the traffic light that flash you if you jump the light done me at the Bell in Southend - problem is got some geezer up my arse doing 40mph limit traffic light goes amber 1 second into red flashes me, if I stop I am rear ended - WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!

Im also part of the TS10 clique - happened back in March 06! I pay under £400 (with breakdown cover) and thats with 4 years no claims and the above mentioned 3 points on a 52 Peogeot 206 1.4/5.

Kev

it was one of them gay ones that face opposite the traffic light that flash you if you jump the light done me at the Bell in Southend - problem is got some geezer up my arse doing 40mph limit traffic light goes amber 1 second into red flashes me, if I stop I am rear ended - WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!

mine was at Leigh Elms, I was steaming it down to get to the train station and got flashed as I snuck through on amber. Crazy as normally I would sneak through the little car park bit and miss the junction out anyway!

One of those Christian fish stickers on the back of your car might lower insurance costs because it illustrates you are not a nutter.

Some insurers will give no claims bonus for being a named driver, I know somone who got insurance from some broker in Basildon, they had 7/8 years as a named driver and got dirt cheap insurance.

I'm a member of the SP30 clique!

Regarding the insurance, have a look at quidco, and then type in the names of some insurers on that site. Quite a few offer cash back to new customers eg More Than offer £75 on a new car insurance policy providing you go though the quidco site. (Quidco take a fiver for themselves, but still!!)

Back