• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Car to Cardiff?

MikeInNewbury

So, a few simple questions.

Did you travel to Cardiff by car?
If so, then you travelled down the M4 and over the bridge?
Did you slow down for the 50 limit at the tolls or just carry on at 70, 80, 90+?

The reason for asking? The Welsh cops have a load of speed camera vans and you don't see them as that until well after  they've snapped you.

If you drove past the first '50' sign, and under the first gantry (second 50 sign) at over the limit, the chances are that you'll have a surprise in the post shortly. You've gained 3 points and we can't use them for the promotion push. There was a camera van to the left of the second gantry filming all the motorists.

It's a head on, no visible flash, camera that can see a couple of miles down the road, storing the pictures electronically.

If you go to

http://www.speedcam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/van.htm

Go about halfway down the page to a picture titled 'South Wales van'. That was the kind that was on the bridge/gantry. Even close up, unless you know what they look like, you wouldn't recognise it at a speed camera.

Lots of cop cars on the M4 but im sure after driving over 400 miles something will be coming through the post soon ....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MikeInNewbury @ April 11 2005,20:59)]So, a few simple questions.

Did you travel to Cardiff by car?
If so, then you travelled down the M4 and over the bridge?
Did you slow down for the 50 limit at the tolls or just carry on at 70, 80, 90+?

The reason for asking? The Welsh cops have a load of speed camera vans and you don't see them as that until well after  they've snapped you.

If you drove past the first '50' sign, and under the first gantry (second 50 sign) at over the limit, the chances are that you'll have a surprise in the post shortly. You've gained 3 points and we can't use them for the promotion push. There was a camera van to the left of the second gantry filming all the motorists.

It's a head on, no visible flash, camera that can see a couple of miles down the road, storing the pictures electronically.

If you go to

http://www.speedcam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/van.htm

Go about halfway down the page to a picture titled 'South Wales van'. That was the kind that was on the bridge/gantry. Even close up, unless you know what they look like, you wouldn't recognise it at a speed camera.
Yeah i see the exact one, just before the tolls!!

Sneeky b'stards!!!!!

I was going 50mph anyway

No problems on the train, just a steady 20mph !

Yours

Still bitter and twisted about it

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ April 12 2005,09:05)]No problems on the train, just a steady 20mph !

Yours

Still bitter and twisted about it

mad.gif
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

My vehicle of choice is a Toyotal Liteace - loads of space for the kids to kip down while I drive throught the night. The downside is that it is so slow that I dream of getting a speeding ticket so I can boast
smile.gif

Saw the camera, the van had something like "slow down" on its side, but in letters so small that you would have been clocked long before you could read them.

If I get a ticket I shall write to Tony Blair and demand that a 'Maginot Line' of speed cameras is installed covering every possible road out of Wales and that a large import Tariff is imposed on all Stereophonics, Manic Street Preachers and Gorkys Zygotic Mynci records.

Back