• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cardigans

Are Cardigans acceptable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
DTS yesterday revealed that he bought a Lemon coloured cardigan with buttons.:hilarious: Not only that but he paid a reduced price of £80 for it.:thump: Is it acceptable for someone of Dave's age to be wearing cardigans?:confused: Should he be given a pipe and slippers to go with it?:p Has his street cred completely gone and will we see him drinking Malibu and Pineapple in future?:hilarious: Incidentally as he thinks it is so cool he has promised to wear it for the Brighton game. Personally i think this Brighton lifestyle is getting to him.
You decide.

Last edited:
My Missus bought me a blue zip up cardigan a couple of months back, nice piece of kit that I look totally fantastic in.
so nothing wrong with Cardigans.

Nowt wrong with cardigans - I've owned many over the years and bought a nice one from Gap only a few weeks ago. I'm a big fan of the Rigsby look.

My Missus bought me a blue zip up cardigan a couple of months back, nice piece of kit that I look totally fantastic in.
so nothing wrong with Cardigans.

Was this just before her trip to "Specsavers"

:p

Was this just before her trip to "Specsavers"

:p
Dont get me started on specsavers, last year I took the decision to move away from Dollund and Atchison, as Specsavers were doing a deal on buy one get one free.
Mrs C gave me directions to where their shop was and off I went, and sure enough just along from the Hogs head there it was.
So in I went and the little old lady working in there asked if I had an appointment, no was the answer but I told her I didnt mind waiting as my eyesight was of great importance to me and I wanted some new glasses
as soon as possible.
With that the dear old soul shook her head and agreed it must be bad as I had found my way into a hearing aid shop!
She then proceeded to help me accross the road and into the right shop even waiting to make sure I found the counter ok.
I finally got my eyetest and ordered my glasses, to be picked up a few days later, that was around 15 months ago...I have had about seven pairs of glasses of them since then all of which have broke....I'm not happy.

Dont get me started on specsavers, last year I took the decision to move away from Dollund and Atchison, as Specsavers were doing a deal on buy one get one free.
Mrs C gave me directions to where their shop was and off I went, and sure enough just along from the Hogs head there it was.
So in I went and the little old lady working in there asked if I had an appointment, no was the answer but I told her I didnt mind waiting as my eyesight was of great importance to me and I wanted some new glasses
as soon as possible.
With that the dear old soul shook her head and agreed it must be bad as I had found my way into a hearing aid shop!
She then proceeded to help me accross the road and into the right shop even waiting to make sure I found the counter ok.
I finally got my eyetest and ordered my glasses, to be picked up a few days later, that was around 15 months ago...I have had about seven pairs of glasses of them since then all of which have broke....I'm not happy.

Ward and Scher in Hamlet Court Road have been my opticians since 1986.. not neccessarily the cheapest, but the service and customer care is, IMO, second to none in the town

as soon as possible.

My poor old lady did the same thing yesterday!! At least she didn't end up in the butchers or Victoria shoes!!

What makes it worse is it was me going for the eye test!!

It's alright for a bloke to wear a cardigan (Cardi just sounds old fashioned) but a YELLOW one and to spend £80 on it? Oh and buttons are a no no for a male one. Has to be a zipped one.

Dear oh dear.......

Nothing wrong with a cardigan at all.

Got a cracking Lyle & Scott one - looks the bollocks!

Cardigans are for Old people ...No wonder you would never see me in one of them....

We need to see a picture before making a decision on this.

£80 though, **** me, they saw you coming.

Right Ldn Fatso.

In fairness is not an old mans cardigan it is in fact a fitted cardigan. It cost me £80 as it was from Paul Smith and since I have worn it out I have never seen so much muff.

Its also not really so much of a Lemon more of a light yellow with white front. I think Southend Lady may have seen it to comment.

One bird in a club a few weeks ago said I had to be gay as I was too well dressed to be straight. See if I can get a snap soon.

So there................

I've had a conversation with Lewis Hunt in varsity about Cardigans. i think the conversation went like this.

Me: Lewis good to see you etc, but that cardigan looks ****ing ****.

Lewis: Haha, what about your shirt then? (It's at this point he starts touching me. I havent washed since)

Me: Debenhams finest this is son!

I've had a conversation with Lewis Hunt in varsity about Cardigans. i think the conversation went like this.

Me: Lewis good to see you etc, but that cardigan looks ****ing ****.

Lewis: Haha, what about your shirt then? (It's at this point he starts touching me. I havent washed since)

Me: Debenhams finest this is son!

coming from the man who wears a shirt with a tshirt sewn inside it :thump:

Seems to me that all the people that have backed me are fashion leaders and those that havent arent. I look forward to a poll in a few years time with you all saying how you have just brough a cardigan.

Back