• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carlisle Roll Call

John Fenn is already there. The name probably means nothing to most fans who post on here, but John goes to most away games. He sits in the East Stand blues, is about 54-55, looks a cross between Wyatt Earp and Ben Gunn (out of Treasure Island) although he cut off his white pony tail a few months back. He text me at mid-day yesterday as his train had just pulled out of Crewe en route, complete with his six pack of beer and bag of do-nuts. If anyone sees him tomorrow say hello to him, he's been following the Blues all over the country for over 40 years.

I will be there as usual...on SOL coach with 50 others. there should be quite a few turn up for the longest trip in our league calendar as I believe the Trust have gone up today with one coach and there are 3 more due to go tomorrow. SOL are taking a full coach also so that would be about 250 souls, although I accept that every coach may not be full.

There will be the normal hardy souls that will make their own way and or are exiled so I would expect 400-500 Shrimpers tobrave the Cumbrian cold.

Leaving home at 7am on Saturday to pick up the other East Anglian Shrimpers at 8am at Cambridge for the long drive to nearly-Scotland (still 2 seats free if anyone else wants to join us).

Reckoning on 11+ hours round trip to see 90 minutes of football; must be some sense there somewhere :)

The North West has been surprisingly sunny for a while now. Uncharacteristically so. It will rain soon enough though.

I will be there, nice easy one for me.

All the best to one and all who are making the trip to the farthest NW, and bring yourselves back 3 points.

Going with my parents, 2 brothers, a family friend plus The Big Shrimp (Richard) and sufcjoe. Should be a great day out, leaving here at 6am I believe.

Me and 7 other fools are assembling at Hockley station at 6.00am tomorrow for a limousine pick up all the way to carlisle and back. If anybody saw our disgraceful behaviour after our limo trip to Southampton last year (throwing booze everywhere, falling asleep on strangers etc etc), then given the distance expect twice the mess.
Most of us will be wearing beachwear with maybe armbands and rubber rings. I'm not sure you'll miss us.

Is there a bar in the ground?

Me and 7 other fools are assembling at Hockley station at 6.00am tomorrow for a limousine pick up all the way to carlisle and back. If anybody saw our disgraceful behaviour after our limo trip to Southampton last year (throwing booze everywhere, falling asleep on strangers etc etc), then given the distance expect twice the mess.
Most of us will be wearing beachwear with maybe armbands and rubber rings. I'm not sure you'll miss us.

Is there a bar in the ground?

A limousine to Carlisle!?! How much does to that cost?

£100 each. I actually thought it'd be more than that when we first thought about it.
I notice a saver return on the train is £93.50.
I know which way I'd rather travel!

£100 each. I actually thought it'd be more than that when we first thought about it.
I notice a saver return on the train is £93.50.
I know which way I'd rather travel!

our train ticket was £30 from Kingscroos to Carlisle and £8 in to london

£38 pound Return i know how i rather travel (well thats how my bank manager rather me go)

but enjoy!!

Going with my parents, 2 brothers, a family friend plus The Big Shrimp (Richard) and sufcjoe. Should be a great day out, leaving here at 6am I believe.

I cannot wait. It should be a grin. I just hope you don't mind my snoring on the way back!!!:zzzzz:

Speak to you in a little while.

Back