• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carlisle Roll Call

our train ticket was £30 from Kingscroos to Carlisle and £8 in to london

£38 pound Return i know how i rather travel (well thats how my bank manager rather me go)

but enjoy!!

I assume you are a child or at least young person, as that kind of price would clearly not apply to me, even in advance, as I normally book on trains. It cost me about £50 all in going to Crewe and I booked weeks before the game.

I was just quoting a saver return. Anyway, once a year in a limo...I can take that.
Champagne anyone?

Me and Mr Benedict plus one other will be going via the SOL coaches

Me, son Ross and Lucky Derek (assuming they get back from their party in time :dizzy: ) will be hitting the road around 6:00am, reckon it will take about 7-8 hours from here. See you all there!

Me, son Ross and Lucky Derek (assuming they get back from their party in time :dizzy: ) will be hitting the road around 6:00am, reckon it will take about 7-8 hours from here. See you all there!

Where are you you mate???

Shouldn't you all be in bed if you've got early starts tomorrow? Apart from the limo crew - great call!

Im going to stay awake all night and sleep on the coach therefore making the journey seem quicker

Ha! Sounds good. I'm doing well. Won the L1 title in my first season on goal difference from Forest, now consolidating in my first season back in the CCC. 11th half way through, hopelessly inconsistent, losing 6-0 at home to 23rd placed Carlisle one week, then beating pace-setters Fulham away 3-2 the following week.

Staying on topic, I'm watching Lethal Weapon too, so I'm going to be shattered tomorrow. I hope the game is exciting enough to keep me awake!

Ha! Sounds good. I'm doing well. Won the L1 title in my first season on goal difference from Forest, now consolidating in my first season back in the CCC. 11th half way through, hopelessly inconsistent, losing 6-0 at home to 23rd placed Carlisle one week, then beating pace-setters Fulham away 3-2 the following week.

Staying on topic, I'm watching Lethal Weapon too, so I'm going to be shattered tomorrow. I hope the game is exciting enough to keep me awake!

Sleep on the way there, thats what Im doing

Getting 6:09am X30 from The Bell, picking up 3 Rayleigh Shrimpers then on to Stansted for flight up to Glasgow Prestwick. Then hiring a car for the drive down south. After match racing back up to Prestwick for 8:30pm flight home. Phew!

Right, time I got that early night.

Catching the plane from Stansted tomorrow at 0840, gates close at 0810.

Flying to Prestwick, and driving down fromt there. (more flights there!)

If all goes well, arrive back at 2120 in Stanstead, and back indoors for 2220.

All in, between two of us for the princely sum of £188.00 for flight, hire car and match tickets. Only addition to that is the fuel for the hire car, so just over a ton each ish and back at a reasonable time.

Back