• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Called up to the (27 strong!) squad for this summer's U21 Euros.

Ings, Kane, Afobe, Berahino and Bamford are the other strikers, so Woodrow will do well to get a game.

Last edited:
It's only a provisional squad and, judging by the seasons the other forwards have had (Afobe in particular), he'll do very well to make it on the plane.

Surely he's nowhere near the level of any of those strikers?

Has he improved that much since his loan ended with us. Crikey.

Didn't make the final 23. No great surprise, given the striking talent Southgate has at his disposal.

Nice to have such a promising group of young strikers again.

Used to always have plenty but been a bit barren on that front.

Nice to have such a promising group of young strikers again.

Used to always have plenty but been a bit barren on that front.

Think back to the 2006 World Cup. We took Rooney, Crouch, a barely fit Owen and Walcott. That was it! (Was Defoe injured, or just unlucky not to make the plane?)

Then go ten years further back and we had Shearer, Sheringham, Cole, Collymore, Ferdinand, Sutton, Wright and Fowler, just to name some off the top of my head.

So if these things go in peaks and troughs, hopefully we're headed to another peak...

Signed a new contract extension until 2018 with an option for another year.

Always rated him, was far better than L2 when with us and too good for us

Fair do's, I suppose I saw glimpses of Cauleys talents but never enough for my eyes. But then again, I could make a statement that this was because Phil Browns system didn't suit him.

But either way it is good to see him do well.

Scored 2 goals in the England u21's game tonight.

Deemed not good enough for us by some but deemed good enough by another Championship side (and Clough Jr)

Scored an injury time winner for Burton today, apparently it was his 1st Championship goal since December 2015.

Back