• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Celebrity spotting

Suggs, near Camden Town station.
I once saw Suggs and Chas sat outside a cafe in Inverness Street, so I dashed into the Record & Tape Exchange round the corner, bought a copy of One Step Beyond on vinyl for £2 and got them both to sign it.

I once saw Suggs and Chas sat outside a cafe in Inverness Street, so I dashed into the Record & Tape Exchange round the corner, bought a copy of One Step Beyond on vinyl for £2 and got them both to sign it.

You should have popped round to our house (in the middle of our street). I would have given you a copy.

Awesome!

Suggs is about the most Camden person it is possible to see; can't necessarily explain why, but seeing him put me in a really good mood.

This is probably my favourite Madness song. Turns out the video was mostly filmed about 100 yards from my office!

[video=youtube;7Xwh1J6VQnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xwh1J6VQnI[/video]

yeah Suggs in Camden definitely wins the celebrity/location combined challenge.

Had to get a train down from Sheffield to London tonight for an early meeting tomorrow. Bumped into Steve Davis at Sheffield station. Nothing unusual about seeing snooker celebs in Sheffield over the WC. But then also bumped into him at Holborn tube station. Looks younger than he does on TV and kicking myself for not saying congrats on his retirement and discussing Boiler Room and random obscure techno.

Paul Kaye at Finchley Central car park the other day.

He seemed really agitated, muttering to himself and twitching a lot.

He then got in to a surprisingly clapped out old banger and, as he was right behind me in the queue to leave the station, I was able to observe that the twitching and the muttering continued for a while.

I missed The Duchess of Cambridge last night, walked past the National Portrait Gallery at half 5, and didn't realise she was in there, just saw loads of cameramen.

I did however see Sean Gilder (Paddy from Shameless) in my town last week, which was cool.

Seeing Phil Jupitus and Phil Cornwell on a weekly basis now, but as they both live in Leigh and so do I, it's not really a big deal.

Seeing Phil Jupitus and Phil Cornwell on a weekly basis now, but as they both live in Leigh and so do I, it's not really a big deal.

Yeah I used to see Phil Jupitus loads. Once I was walking by St Margarets(?) (nr. Belfairs swimming pool) with a friend and we saw him. My friend said "Hi Phil, I'm a big fan, hows it going?!" just as I realised he'd stepped out of the church and was wearing a black suit and black tie. Oops

Also not my story to tell really but my boss said that he was in the airport with his young kids. One of his kids ran off in the departure lounge and ran into someone and knocked a suitcase over... my boss swooped down to tell his son off and looked up to say sorry - turned out it was Liam Gallagher! Apparently Liam was nicer about it than you'd expect.

Yeah I used to see Phil Jupitus loads. Once I was walking by St Margarets(?) (nr. Belfairs swimming pool) with a friend and we saw him. My friend said "Hi Phil, I'm a big fan, hows it going?!" just as I realised he'd stepped out of the church and was wearing a black suit and black tie. Oops
Ha ha - excellent. I've never spoken to him, as every time I see him his demeanour screams 'Don't talk to me'.

Also not my story to tell really but my boss said that he was in the airport with his young kids. One of his kids ran off in the departure lounge and ran into someone and knocked a suitcase over... my boss swooped down to tell his son off and looked up to say sorry - turned out it was Liam Gallagher! Apparently Liam was nicer about it than you'd expect.

You'd think he'd be mad for it.

That reminds me of the time I got a taxi with my Wife, her sister and my Father-in-Law one evening. The taxi driver turned to my Father-in-Law and said in a cheerful voice "Just had a bit 'do' a do??" To which my F-I-L replied in a monotone voice "No, my wife's funeral..."

Nobody said a single word during the 30 minute drive back to his house

Back