• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Central Midfield for Cambridge

Central Midfield for Cambridge - Who's your two?

• Maher/Bentley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maher/McCormack

• Bentley/McCormack

• Other

• Total voters

Mr Wooly

Members
I've deliberately omitted Guttridge because;

a) I'm not sure he can play,
b) If eligible, I don't think he'll start anyway

This seems to have provoked quite a debate on previous threads. So who would be your choices for the central midfield roles on Monday at Cambridge?

so would mine
biggrin.gif

I would be happier to see Maher or McCormack start but given the choice, I know a lot more about Maher's consistency and I'm stumping for that

Firstly, I'm not in the anti-Maher camp - far from it in fact.

However we have won 3-0 in two games running, two games that Maher has missed through suspension because he is not able to keep his mouth shut. In has come McCormack who has played really well in tandem with Bentley who is back to his best form. Why change a winning team?

Agree with Ron Manager.
I would stick with Bentley/McCormack, and I believe Tilly will go with that too. Why change a winning team? Maher's mouth has cost him his place and now he'll ahve to wait for injury/loss of form/suspension to gain it back.
Nice option for Tilly though to have plenty of competition in centre midfield for a change.

Yep I would go with bentley and McCormack because,well he hasn't looked half bad and we've won 3-0 twice without Maher. However, the fact that McCormack is only here on loan might work against him. If Tilly doesn't think we're going to sign him permanently then I doubt he will start.

My plan is start with Bentley/Maher, secure a quick 3 goal lead and substitute Bentley to avoid him missing the LDV final with a silly booking. With Kev and Alan in the team we will pass the ball for the remaining 75 minutes of the game and we can all go home happy sitting pretty on top of the world (Well league 2!) I've thought it through carefully and the plan has no faults!!

I'd be surprised if Maher doesn't start. McCormack has done well, but he was only brought in as cover.

Still, this is a good problem to have isn't it!

As long as we keep winning its got to be Bentley/McCormack for me.

Either way, I'd have Maher in the team for Cardiff, but if McCormack carries on playing like he did yesterday then I see no reason why Kev should get back in before then.

I think Tilly will bring Maher back as he has done every other time he's been suspended, but personally I'd continue with Bentley and McCormack. We've won 3-0 in both games so they can't be doing much wrong. I wouldn't go with McCormack and Maher because they're too similar and Bentley has been playing well recently. McCormack has looked good both times he's player, good on the ball, a good passer and he gets stuck in too, very similar to Maher. Kev should face the punishment for his 10 bookings but I can't see Tilly doing that. Maher is a crucial player in the side, though, but I just feel that it'd be harsh on McCormack to drop him. Not much point in coming on loan if you're only going to play twice.

Back