• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People wanna know

Really? It's derived from an old Scouting camp fire song...

Everywhere we go, (everywhere we go);
people always ask us, (people always ask us);
who we are, (who we are);
where we come from, (where we come from).
So we tell them, (so we tell them);
we're from (Belchamps) Southend, (we're from Southend);
Mighty, mighty (Belchamps) Southend, (mighty, mighty Southend);
And if they can't hear us, (and if they can't hear us)
we sing a little louder (we sing a little louder)....repeat all the way through ad infinitum, increasing the volume.

Really? It's derived from an old Scouting camp fire song...

Everywhere we go, people always ask us, who we are, where we come from,
So we tell them, we're from Southend,
Mighty, mighty Southend.
And if they can't hear us, we sing a little louder....repeat all the way through ad infinitum.

Just saying that in the eighties on the North Bank they used to sing 'people wanna know' instead of 'people always ask us. It rhymes as well.

Just saying that in the eighties on the North Bank they used to sing 'people wanna know' instead of 'people always ask us. It rhymes as well.

Yes i did too.

Every where we go
People wanna know
Who we are
Shall we tell em
Who we are
we are the blues we are blues
we are we are we are the blues.

Mind you I was nether a scout.

None of it rhymes!

And my dad was a Queen's Scout, Scout leader and Assistant District Commissioner - I was brought up with it!

None of it rhymes!

And my dad was a Queen's Scout, Scout leader and Assistant District Commissioner - I was brought up with it!

OBL, We're not talking about the wording that was sung in the scouts, the proper words, we are talking about how it was/is sung at Southend.
It sounds like two versions are sung at Southend games, and the one that I knew when it was first sung was the one that started....Everywhere we go, people wanna know....... which does rhyme.

So you know your Gin Gan , from your Goolies .

I do indeed! :smile:

OBL, We're not talking about the wording that was sung in the scouts, the proper words, we are talking about how it was/is sung at Southend.
It sounds like two versions are sung at Southend games, and the one that I knew when it was first sung was the one that started....Everywhere we go, people wanna know....... which does rhyme.

Obviously, I was just pointing out that it's not how the original goes :raspberry:

Everywhere we go
Everywhere we go
Its southend boys making all he noise every where we go

As you said on Saturday it looked like we had all three sides singing together at the end, a nd that doesn't happen often !

Awesome stuff ! What i'd like to see happen, is the music turned off for 2-3 minutes before kick off and we get all three sides singing prior to the start. Am I asking for too much ?

Everywhere we go
Everywhere we go
Its southend boys making all he noise every where we go

As you said on Saturday it looked like we had all three sides singing together at the end, a nd that doesn't happen often !

So now its nearly midnight and I cant stop humming that tune over and over again. Brilliant night all round and at least now I know the words.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Gary White. A lone North Bank voice singing the whole rendition of Sweet Molly Malone and not one person joined in.

We're going up with Tango as boss
We're going up 8 games without loss
We're going up you all know the score
Barry Barry Baaaaaaarry Corr
Na na na na na na na na na Barry Corr Barry Corr.....

What's it like, what's it like, what's it like to concede goals .......

I've said it before and I will say it again. Gary White. A lone North Bank voice singing the whole rendition of Sweet Molly Malone and not one person joined in.

We're going up with Tango as boss
We're going up 8 games without loss
We're going up you all know the score
Barry Barry Baaaaaaarry Corr
Na na na na na na na na na Barry Corr Barry Corr.....

What's it like, what's it like, what's it like to concede goals .......

Yep, like I said before, he's my nephew. Rapper is his nickname. It's the sort of thing he did back in the gloom and doom years of less than 3,000 in Roots Hall. He did his best to get the crowd going, but the team was so poor, no one could be bothered some games. And people complain nowadays, Lol. If only they had to suffer all that.

this came to me in a moment of madness :dim:...
To the tune of "Thrift Shop"

We are the greatest blues
Only got twenty quid in our pocket
W’ - We’re huntin’, We’re gonna go up
We are freaking awesome

We are the Southend U’
We are incredible
We score the big *ss goals
Shrimper’s Army! Here we go!

We are the greatest blues
Only got twenty quid in our pocket
W’ - We’re huntin’, We’re gonna go up
We are freaking awesome

A chant in the 1980's that we used to sing in the North Bank, I have no idea why.
Anyone remember singing this? If so why did we sing it. Thanks, :stunned:

Just come into my head today.
http://www.hermanshermits.com/lyrics/henry8.htm "I am Henry the 8th I am....... " full lyrics on link.

From the 80S

Said Bob Paisley to Bill Shankly,
Have you heard of the boys from Highbury?
Shank's says No, I don't think so,
But of heard of the Southend North bank

La La La La ........

From the 80S

Said Bob Paisley to Bill Shankly,
Have you heard of the boys from Highbury?
Shank's says No, I don't think so,
But of heard of the Southend North bank

La La La La ........

The original was from the early seventies.

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly,
Have you heard of the North bank Highbury,
Shanks said no, I don't think so,
But I've heard of the Southend,
North bank.

Yep, like I said before, he's my nephew. Rapper is his nickname. It's the sort of thing he did back in the gloom and doom years of less than 3,000 in Roots Hall. He did his best to get the crowd going, but the team was so poor, no one could be bothered some games. And people complain nowadays, Lol. If only they had to suffer all that.
I still have not recovered from them days .:'(

Here's one for Saturday - haven't been using this since the second match of the season:

To the tune of White Noise by Disclosure

Much Noise (from the) Blues Boys

Much Noise (from the) Blues Boys

It feels like magic - in the, automatics

so get up on your feet and let me hear you making .....

Much Noise etc

Back