• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Brooker's Screen burn

Josh can shove his supergroup up his arse as far as I'm concerned, and let's face it he's probably pretty loose after T-Mobile have got through with him.*

*Any similarities to Bill Hicks sketches on advertising are entirely intentional.

How about those stupid space hopper adverts for 'one of the mobile phone companies' (as if anyone can distinguish between the ****s)? Absolute twaddle- adults on f***ing space hoppers, 'photogenic' white looking black people. It's got the same feel as that stupid Lacoste fragrance ad where the blonde skinny bird floats around in a generic business district and no doubt feels pure, clean and all nice inside. Oh yeah and all these adverts have that twee folky female singer soundtrack invoking moods of playfulness, sweetness and innocence. How should we read this Roland Barthes?

The one with that complete goon messaging his mate for a chat up line "catch your goat you've pulled"! ****ing hell thats annoying!!

The one with that complete goon messaging his mate for a chat up line "catch your goat you've pulled"! ****ing hell thats annoying!!

good call. I saw that in the cinema a couple of weeks ago, and when people started laughing at it i nearly committed a hate crime

good call. I saw that in the cinema a couple of weeks ago, and when people started laughing at it i nearly committed a hate crime

One of my massive hatreds is of people who feel the need to clap and scream when the title screen of the film comes on. It's a ****ing movie, not a night out at the theatre. None of the actors or directors can hear your appreciation. Right now, you're clapping at a ****ing screen like a seal.

I can thoroughly recommend shouting "Do you want a fish you *****ng brain dead ****?" when that happens as it then falls deathly quiet and ushers and usherettes frantically put their torches on to see what's happening.

Although my mother might've been talking to the screen when she shouted that as it was the beginning of Vanilla Sky.

One of my massive hatreds is of people who feel the need to clap and scream when the title screen of the film comes on. It's a ****ing movie, not a night out at the theatre. None of the actors or directors can hear your appreciation. Right now, you're clapping at a ****ing screen like a seal.

The only time I've ever experienced that was when I went to see Star Wars: A New Hope when Lucas rejigged it in the 90's. Not in any other film at the local multiplexes!

The only time I've ever experienced that was when I went to see Star Wars: A New Hope when Lucas rejigged it in the 90's. Not in any other film at the local multiplexes!

The same thing happened to me except they were joined by a bunch of ****s waving toy lightsabres. No doubt they also stated their religion as Jedi on the census form.

First episode talking about "Frozen Britain"

"Nick Griffin's dream of an all white Britain was finally realised"

Genius.

Not sure if you guys noticed but Newswipe is back on BBC4. First two episodes are up on iPlayer right now.

Highlight for me was this bit, 3:10 in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cT0TSp9Mm0

indeed, it was probably Brooker's finest moment to date, a simply fantastic piece... he got it dead right!

Shame he spent so long about Anjem Choudary, I was hoping for a more immediate analysis of Haiti but there must be some lags which mean they can't make it instantly, South Park style.

indeed, it was probably Brooker's finest moment to date, a simply fantastic piece... he got it dead right!

Shame he spent so long about Anjem Choudary, I was hoping for a more immediate analysis of Haiti but there must be some lags which mean they can't make it instantly, South Park style.

More like that's an absolute minefield, especially with the BBC so hyper critical of "edgy" comedy at the moment.

Missed it, so about to try and watch it on iplayer.

Whilst I'm on this thread I'm going to put a plug in for Jonathan Meades' Off Kilter which was repeated again tonight, this time on BBC2. I'm mentioning it on here because whilst I suspect it is going to be a minority interest, if it appeals to anyone, it will appeal to the usual suspects on this thread.

It's difficult to describe but it is an acerbic video polemic on Scottish culture/society (and if you think that description is verbose and pretentious, try watching Meades). It is the type of TV that makes you realise the word genius is used too often. Whilst most TV is dull, predictable and unimaginative, this was a programme that was genuinely challenging and one in which I was struggling to keep up - it wasn't just the breadth and richness of his vocabulary you have to contend with, but with the visual gags and aesthetics at the same time. Tonight's episode (which I missed last time round) was based loosely around Scottish football. If you are open-minded look it up on iplayer.

Back