• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman

If true then I guess this is what you get as a result of running a business so poorly that potential buyers know that you will be desperate for cash and therefore accept less for an asset than it's true worth.

I wonder at what next financial crisis we will approach QPR to sell the buy out clause?
Was he desperate? He knocked them back twice so must have had a figure/deal in mind.

Here's a thought.
Kelman goes into the QPR development side and if he's not made the first team by Xmas, he'll be loaned out.
Do you suppose he might like a turn back at Roots Hall, or not?

QPR wont be looking at us......The idea of a loan is to develop and improve a player to bring him up to Championship level.

Going by what happened with Dru and Hutch, then CK will just about be fit enough by Christmas.

This is what puzzles me. Why not address the fitness issues with the staff. There is a sports science department and surely with Sol introducing Tony Colbert that should have been the massive alarm bell to say fitness needs to improve... so why hasn't it?

The debt which is the subject of the winding up order is quite historic now. Since then, with little or no income it is quite likely that a similar sum has built up which will result in another winding up order further down the road. It is still not clear what the stuation is re the season ticket money so any transfer fees will soon be swallowed up

is there any evidence on this? I mean of the further winding up order or is it just guess work, I'd have thought the HMRC would have a decent handle on it.

Don't forget that we've had no income since March and players were furloughed so our tax liabilities will be much lower, I'm also under the impression that payments since march have been deferred for all clubs

Not confirmed, but I would be a bit disappointed if true. Having said that, with plenty of add ons and a sell on, it might be a good deal. If it’s an initial £300k with another £X when he makes his first team debut, another £X when he makes milestone appearances, another £X for milestone goals, £X if they get promoted to the Premier League with him in the squad, £X if he gets a senior call up to the USA national team whilst with QPR and a 20% sell on, we could end up doing really well out of it.

QPR wont be looking at us......The idea of a loan is to develop and improve a player to bring him up to Championship level.

Going by what happened with Dru and Hutch, then CK will just about be fit enough by Christmas.
You're probably right.
But Rangers have a history of loaning players to Lge 2. They've just sent Arimede Oteh to Stevenage where Ilias Chair kickstarted his career.
If not us, maybe a club where he scores the winning goal at Roots Hall. Oh, the irony!

I seem to be in the minority of thinking we’ve done pretty well with that figure. Any other year, yes we might have expected more. In this period of heavily reduced cash flows and deflated transfer figures alongside the fact that Kelman’s goal returns are a long way from making him a sure thing, I think we’ve done very well.

I called it. and the amount of people who said I was wrong.

"wElL wE tUrNeD DoWn 500K fRoM sPuRs"

Deluded fans bring so much negativity.

Spouting FIFA 21 prices and then blame the club for selling cheap ?

This is the real world people. 300k with add ons is a great deal for everyone. Kellman is going to play for QPR's U23's and then when he breaks through , we will get a bit more and so on a so forth. (I'm guessing that part)

Still seems a bad deal to me. I've said it before, but if he'd stayed and scored 10-15 goals in L2 you'd think he'd be worth more than that, and we'd have got his goals in the team.

You could say he might not be the same player as he might lose focus, but he's a professional kid by all accounts and it would have been in his best interest to do well.

Shame we had to sell, think we'd have done better out of it by holding on, if £300k up front is true.

I called it. and the amount of people who said I was wrong.

"wElL wE tUrNeD DoWn 500K fRoM sPuRs"

Deluded fans bring so much negativity.

Spouting FIFA 21 prices and then blame the club for selling cheap ?

This is the real world people. 300k with add ons is a great deal for everyone. Kellman is going to play for QPR's U23's and then when he breaks through , we will get a bit more and so on a so forth. (I'm guessing that part)

“I cAlLeD iT aNd EvErYoNe SaId I wAs WrOnG”

You said £100k with add ons was the best we could hope for ??‍♂️

Honestly that's more than I was expecting, most players bought for an academy tend to have most of the fee wrapped up in clauses like '5 first team appearances' or something like that, wouldn't surprise me if we made some concessions on the add-ons to get that much up front.

Good to see Charlie Kelman kick his first ball for QPR yesterday. He scored both goals in a 4-2 loss for their U23s v Hull City....the first one coming within 60 seconds of kick off!! Photos suggest he is in good shape physically.

On the same day Isaac Hutchinson scored twice in a 5-1 win for a mixed Derby XI v Huddersfield B team (they don’t run a 23s just a B team like Brentford)

Good to see Charlie Kelman kick his first ball for QPR yesterday. He scored both goals in a 4-2 loss for their U23s v Hull City....the first one coming within 60 seconds of kick off!! Photos suggest he is in good shape physically.

On the same day Isaac Hutchinson scored twice in a 5-1 win for a mixed Derby XI v Huddersfield B team (they don’t run a 23s just a B team like Brentford)
Anyone would think they’re playing for professional outfits or something.

So imagine how fed up the likes of Elvis feel ? Arguably he deserved his move to a proper team more than Charlie or Hutch did - And while he looks at how his mates (maybe) downtooled and went on a big strop in order to force their move , Elvis carried on playing week in week out , ran his heart out for the club , even though we are total dog poop. Ron turned down his moves away and he is now getting abused from our fans ! Charlie & Hutch possibly quadrupled their money ( maybe more ) and i dare say rather enjoying themselves at decent clubs with a future.

If you saw Elvis at Boreham Wood , i cannot knock his passion & desire --- watch him first to the goal celebrations + absolutely rollock their striker who took a dive to get the penalty... He almost scored a worldie + set up a few chances for others too.

So the main thing missing is confidence , i am so depressed about the current situation , Saturday + Tuesday have been damn awful so have the next days all down to my beloved team being on their knees + its bloody heartbreaking. Even in the days of the early 80s when we were down the bottom of div 4 i never remember feeling this down about SUFC.
Imagine how Elvis is feeling , Oxley , Goodship , all of em .
They know we are not playing well , making mistakes , being abused for playing for the worst team in the history of our game ( thats what it feels like !) .... so us fans need to back our players + hope , just hope ... that we can nick a win from somewhere and have something to build upon and work our way out of this dreadful mess.

UTB

So imagine how fed up the likes of Elvis feel ? Arguably he deserved his move to a proper team more than Charlie or Hutch did - And while he looks at how his mates (maybe) downtooled and went on a big strop in order to force their move , Elvis carried on playing week in week out , ran his heart out for the club , even though we are total dog poop. Ron turned down his moves away and he is now getting abused from our fans ! Charlie & Hutch possibly quadrupled their money ( maybe more ) and i dare say rather enjoying themselves at decent clubs with a future.

If you saw Elvis at Boreham Wood , i cannot knock his passion & desire --- watch him first to the goal celebrations + absolutely rollock their striker who took a dive to get the penalty... He almost scored a worldie + set up a few chances for others too.

So the main thing missing is confidence , i am so depressed about the current situation , Saturday + Tuesday have been damn awful so have the next days all down to my beloved team being on their knees + its bloody heartbreaking. Even in the days of the early 80s when we were down the bottom of div 4 i never remember feeling this down about SUFC.
Imagine how Elvis is feeling , Oxley , Goodship , all of em .
They know we are not playing well , making mistakes , being abused for playing for the worst team in the history of our game ( thats what it feels like !) .... so us fans need to back our players + hope , just hope ... that we can nick a win from somewhere and have something to build upon and work our way out of this dreadful mess.

UTB
I was also impressed with the way he took Egbri aside after scoring and told him to calm down.

Very good leader.

When he does leave, I'll clap him out the door. he's been a great servant for us and carried on playing when others didn't.

Back