• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlton's Youth Team Ban Yellow Boots

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
Saw this article on the BBC website today in amongst wasting time at work:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/8715379.stm

I quite like that idea. I play Sunday league football and the amount of red/blue/yellow/pink/silver boots that I see is staggering.

I'm a fan of black boots. You have to be a special player to pull off coloured boots, so to see some ****ed up, 18 stone Sunday league defender wearing yellow boots is embarrasing.

What do you reckon?

I think they have banned all coloured boots. First time I read the heading, I thought it said "Charlton Athletic youth ban coloured", and I was thinking that was a bit racist. I think it is a good idea as they need to concentrate on their skills and not on what colour their boots are.

I was playing against someone who had one red boot and another green boot. It was funny. One of my friend loves the bright colours.

Our team has gone downhill rapidly since our players started wearing fancy colour boots.

Capello banned Walcott for wearing a pair of pink boots, so he wore white ones with a little bit of pink.

Coloured boots may look pretty but for me you can't beat World Cup's or Copa Mundials.

Hasn't SAF done the same with Youth teamers at United? Personally I think it's a good idea as it stops players thinking they've made it with their boot deal from Nike/Adidas. The best thing Nike could do is double the price of green/yellow boots, so next time some show-pony skins you with a pair on, you can call him a stupid **** for spending stupid money on stupid boots.

And as The Girth says, in Sunday League it's pretty pointless as they're soon covered in mud.

Hasn't SAF done the same with Youth teamers at United? Personally I think it's a good idea as it stops players thinking they've made it with their boot deal from Nike/Adidas. The best thing Nike could do is double the price of green/yellow boots, so next time some show-pony skins you with a pair on, you can call him a stupid **** for spending stupid money on stupid boots.

And as The Girth says, in Sunday League it's pretty pointless as they're soon covered in mud.

Yes, its mentioned in the article.

boots are boots?

i own a pair of pink, yellow and blue pair of boots. im not a special player but i like them and can afford to buy them so im going to wear them.

Back