• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cheggers plays

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Only the one pop for me... but what a luvverly one: my main striker popping from supernatural to titanic.

Happy days.

biggrin.gif

Even if the rest of my side isn't great, you've got to love this forward line:

Rozmin bin Mohd Fuad
TSI = 56 430 , 23 years, passable form
Speciality: Quick

Stamina: excellent
Passing: passable
Scoring: supernatural

Artur Bernardino
TSI = 61 830 , 24 years, solid form

Passing: solid
Scoring: titanic

Oddone Grammatico
TSI = 13 540 , 23 years, solid form

Passing: weak
Scoring: brilliant
Set pieces: titanic

It is one of the few consolations of being a scoring trainer, I guess...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It is one of the few consolations of being a scoring trainer, I guess...

Matt, I don't think that is necessarily the case any more.

I got to the stage where I either had to sell and replace with lesser players than I had in other positions, or switch training. I opted for the latter and now train wingers.

ps Nice strike force - are you going to continue training them, sell or switch training?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 27 2006,11:44)]Nice strike force - are you going to continue training them, sell or switch training?
Cheers... and the answer is: for the time being - well, at least whilst I have a 17 year old excellent trainee (he popped a few weeks ago), I'm going to stick with training scoring.

However, I concede that I'm possibly reaching a point of diminishing returns - and that, from the point of view of training as a revenue-making exercise, my current crop of trainees aren't exactly world beaters (apart from the 17 year old, who is obviously an exciting prospect).

Tell me about winger training... pros / cons? Does it also help to train up wing-backs?

rock.gif

Matt

Don't appear to have got much out of winger training so far, but hattrick is a long term game.

My plan was to train up my trainee forwards so as to be forwards to wing. My thinking was that secondaries sell for a premium in an otherwise depressed market and as a recent innovation are in short supply.

I now think my choice of trainees could have been better. Wingbacks train very slowly (especially if you are using 20 year olds with inadequate or passable wing) and there is only marginal benefit of training someone in wing from the fullback position.

Wingers train pretty quickly but given midfield's importance I think the way forward with winger training is to train playmakers with inadequate or better winger. I'll then just train defenders in the wingback role in my first team, so I can play them offensively to increase my wing ratings to counter the lack of wing threat from my wingers who will be largely central midfielders.

In the reserves I might continue to play strikers in the full-back slots but the wages v profit doesn't look too promising. Training players in just winger looks pointless and I'm beginning to view winger as a secondary much like passing.

Back