• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chelsea forums

hahaha, someone just posted this up.

"A POTTED HISTORY OF SOUTHEND UNITED ~ details provided by the official Southend United website:
(and you dare to say we have no history, you are funny)

1906 - Southend United were formed at a meeting convened by Oliver Trigg, the landlord of the Blue Boar pub, and his band of fellow soccer enthusiasts.
1920 - The Blues saw election to the Football League confirmed and were on to their fifth manager when Tom Mather took over and led the team into its first season in Division Three South and 17th place. The highlight of the season was a 4-1 defeat of Spurs in the fourth round of the FA Cup in front of 11,661 fans.
1936 - The Blues team this year included David Jack, football's first £10,000 signing and goalkeeper George MacKenzie, who won nine caps for Ireland while at the club and thus becoming United's most capped player.
1955 - This year proved to be a momentous one for Southend, as the club moved to its current and third home Roots Hall.
1966 - Southend were relegated for the first time in their history in a season that included a club record 9-1 defeat at Brighton.
1979 - The first season back in the third division was remembered solely for the two 3rd Round FA Cup games against Liverpool when the game at Roots Hall attracted a record attendance of 31,090.
1984 - This season was disastrous on the field, as players came and went and crowds regularly come under the 2,000 mark
1987 - Southend won promotion back to the Third Division after they teetered on the brink of extinction during a three-year period. Anton Johnson was arrested and £70,000 of the club's Christmas money went missing. This saw Robert Maxwell and Ken Bates come to the rescue and lend the club money.
1989 - The Blues returned to the basement league.
1991 - Southend embarked on by far their most successful spell in their history achieving promotion to the then Second Division for the first time in their history under David Webb.
1992 - The club had a successful first season and even famously led the table for a couple of hours on New Year's Day following a 4-0 home win over Newcastle. Stan Collymore signed for the Blues from Crystal Palace for £150,000.
1993 - Having spent just over seven months at the club with a record of 18 goals in 33 games, Collymore is sold to Nottingham Forest for a deal worth £4.2 million.
1994 - Southend enjoyed a famous trip to Italy in 1994 to take part in the Anglo-Italian Cup where they lost on penalties to NottsCounty in the semi-final.
1998 - Under Alvin Martin, Southend returned to the basement league after finishing bottom of the Second Division.
2004 - The club finished in 17th position in Division Three and reached the final of the LDV Vans Trophy at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff after defeating local rivals Colchester in the area final. Over 17,000 travelled to watch arguably the biggest day in the club's history despite the Blues suffering a 2-0 defeat against Blackpool.
2005 - Southend repeated the act a year later when they returned to the Millennium Stadium for their second consecutive final appearance in the LDV Vans Trophy. Sadly the result was the same though, as the Blues lost 2-0 after extra time to Wrexham. But the season proved to be a much bigger success in the league with the Blues winning promotion to League One via a 2-0 defeat of LincolnCity after extra time in the play-off final.
2006 - Southend earned their second consecutive promotion after they are crowned champions of League One.
2007 - Southend fought till the end in the Championship, but ultimately suffered relegation after a 3-1 defeat in their final home game of the season to Luton Town secured their fate. "

:O

Liking haw they missed off our famous victory against Manchester United!!!

:dim::doh::headbang:

Last edited:
This one is a classic from Kneel for 1

Its not "Lege" banter though it is you soccer am watching soft estuary daytrippers.

We dont need nor want the perinial interforum descent into ***** slagging matches that happens on all other "chat rooms". and "Chat rooms"? FFS, do you access them on your dial up on your spectrum? Stick to 606 for that kind of lege banter its a bit boring the hundredth time round.

Something gives me the feeling that Rusty has p**sed them off

:D

Not entirely sure how you intend to qualify that comment.

Oh and your mate Rusty Shackleford, the internet hardman? C**K.

Last edited:
I registered on the Chelsea board and within hours my house had been gassed by a Danny Dyer lookalike.

Coincidence?

I can see how some of them on there would be a pit peeved with so many Southend fans invading the board. I also thought the comments about baloons, comedy wigs and facepaint was funny and spot on.

What made my blood boil however was the Chelski fan who said that we are his 'local' team and that the train ride in could be interesting. I certainly hope it's interesting, I hope he gets found out as the gloryhunting scum he is and gets the **** kicked out of him somewhere on either the Fenchurch Street or Liverpool Street line. Used to make me so angry whenever I got a train into London at a weekend for whatever reason to see the clowns in West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc etc shirts travelling in to watch their team. They are more the enemy as far as I'm concerned than any number of Col Utd fans who at least actually support their local team.

"Brilliant, I'm going to be turfed out of my seat in the Shed Upper for the afternoon, placed in the morgue that is the West Stand and spend the entire afternoon listening to 6,000 Southend fans chanting 'where were you when you were s**t'. I can see the stupid wigs and balloons already, let alone smell the bloody face paint. "

I can imagine the likes of Barcelona feel the same when they draw Chelsea in the Champions League.

Can you believe a club from London that plays in blue already has a londonblue?

Who'd a thunk it!

"Good banter? It's just a skipped record we've heard about 300 times previously from every no name internet warrior who wants to come on here and wind people up. Good banter is original and funny -- you're doing neither particularly well. Anything original to add, go for it, but if you're simply covering what every scouser said 4 seasons ago stay in your caravan and leave the internet café to people who need to use it for more constructive purposes. "

Original and funny is such an subjective thing !

I can't register for the site whilst at work (its that email validation thingy getting "grabbed in the firewall") shame , I will just have to watch from a distance

"Good banter? It's just a skipped record we've heard about 300 times previously from every no name internet warrior who wants to come on here and wind people up. Good banter is original and funny -- you're doing neither particularly well. Anything original to add, go for it, but if you're simply covering what every scouser said 4 seasons ago stay in your caravan and leave the internet café to people who need to use it for more constructive purposes. "

Original and funny is such an subjective thing !

lol

Exactly mate

:D

Some muppet pointed out there will be a load of one game wonders turning up. To be fair, there will be a few, but if the majority of fans who go to home games get tickets for the Chelsea game, I don't think there will be that many tickets left for the one game wonders. He also pointed out what a big exciting game it will be.....I did point out that the biggest and most exciting game in our recent history had been played already against Man Utd, probably the best team in the world, definitely the UK, so the Chelsea game is a bit of an Anti-Climax!!

Some muppet pointed out there will be a load of one game wonders turning up. To be fair, there will be a few, but if the majority of fans who go to home games get tickets for the Chelsea game, I don't think there will be that many tickets left for the one game wonders. He also pointed out what a big exciting game it will be.....I did point out that the biggest and most exciting game in our recent history had been played already against Man Utd, probably the best team in the world, definitely the UK, so the Chelsea game is a bit of an Anti-Climax!!

oooo, harsh but fair DWB

I guess i currently fall in to the "One game wonder" bracket :(

I wonder if there oh so succesful forum has been the catalyst of a football club that now has 3 mens teams and a ladies team?

I just had a look on the forum:

"Beer is too expensive at Stanford Bridge, it was cheaper at Watford when I supported them"
"I love Scolari"
"Scolari ain't as good as lovely old Jose"
"Who's our greatest ever manager, Ranieri, Mourinho, Grant, Scolari or that other one, I can't remember his name but Kenny Dalgleish was great at Liverpool when I supported them"
"I want to spank all over Fat Frank"
"We're the greatest team ever even though our UEFA co-effiecient point rating is as good as Total Network Solutions"

Good to see such in depth chat on the stiffs, the kids and community based projects on that board eh, must be well read on all things CFC...

Just for my pal Grahame.

Peter Osgood is a nonce.

There, I said it. Thankfully, the internet protects me from the great vengeance and furious anger of the Hampshire Headhunter. Mercy!!!

Just for my pal Grahame.

Peter Osgood is a nonce.

There, I said it. Thankfully, the internet protects me from the great vengeance and furious anger of the Hampshire Headhunter. Mercy!!!

You're ****ed. Some horrible group of boys wearing Aquascutum, Henri Lloyd and Hackett are going to come looking for you in their 1989 Jaguar XJS now.

"We will enjoy our day out at Stamford Bridge - will we resemble the victorious visiting Norsemen in the original battle with you as the defeated English home boys? Who knows?!"

Just a heads up OBL, the Norwegians got their arses handed to them on that particular battle in 1066. :sherlock:

Back