• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chelsea Near Domination...

EastStandBlue

Life President
According to SkySports and Anderlecht, They could agree a deal bring Kompany to Stamford bridge. If he partners with John Terry that will create the single most effective defence in The Premier$hite, maybe Europe...

Kompany is only 19 (i think) and i rate him as one of the best defenders in Europe, is absolutely fantatsic for his age. All Chelsea would need then is a competent, goal scoring out and out forward and they'd be near unbeatable...

All the more reason not watch the I'm Richer Than You tournament in the Premier$hite

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Nov. 24 2005,13:11)]According to SkySports and Anderlecht, They could agree a deal bring Kompany to Stamford bridge. If he partners with John Terry that will create the single most effective defence in The Premier$hite, maybe Europe...

Kompany is only 19 (i think) and i rate him as one of the best defenders in Europe, is absolutely fantatsic for his age. All Chelsea would need then is a competent, goal scoring out and out forward and they'd be near unbeatable...

All the more reason not watch the I'm Richer Than You tournament in the Premier$hite
No team is invincible, despite however much money they spend, who the manager is etc etc.

I remember a few years ago Man Ure after another succesful season signed Van Nistlerooy & Veron for about 47million, they've added Ferdinand and Rooney for 30millon each plus i would guess about another 50 million on assorted dross and in those few years have won next to bugger all. This despite the press and fans saying unfair it was that they could sign these players.

Look at Real Madrid, Zidane, Beckham, Robinho, Baptista, Carlos, Ronaldo - the best part of 200million - result bugger all in terms of trophies, and a revolving door for the unfortunate managers.

Chelsea do have an advantage in the bottomless pockets of Abramovitch, but there is no absolute guarantee of success.

Real madrid's failure is that they still obey this "Galactico's" tag, where the best players play no matter what the condition, this has resulted in mindless buys... such as both Baptista and Robinho despite the defence being total $hite for a good 4 or 5 seasons now. This has resulted in an unbalanced squad that effectively doesn't work when pressured, why barcelona tore them to shreds last weekend.

Chelsea are different as they have no special mark to look up to and a half decent manager able to spot positions where the team is weak, and strengthen said position. If this does go through Chelsea will have the best Defence and Midfield in the country, with only Man Ure edging them out of the best Attack... and that purely because of Rooney's ability and the Horse up fronts knack of poaching goals from everywhere inside the box

On paper that may be the case fortunately football is played on grass.

As for attacking options any team that contains Thierry Henry cannot be discounted from anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 24 2005,13:19)]The Premier$hite = zzzzz

I gave up watching it long ago.
Why? The notion that all Prem games are rubbish seems to me like some odd form of inverted snobbery.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 24 2005,16:07)]
[b said:

Why? The notion that all Prem games are rubbish seems to me like some odd form of inverted snobbery.
Spot on.
The Wigan v Arsenal game last week was the best non Blues game I have seen this season.

[b said:
[b said:

Not necessarily... to be honest, football's charms sometimes wane for me if I am approaching a given game as a complete neutral - which is pretty often the case when it comes to the Premier$hite. A Man City win or a Birmingham City defeat will bring a smile to my face, but other than that, I'd be fibbing if I said I really cared about the Premier$hite.

And if you don't really care about a competition, that can tend to lead to a certain amount of boredom when you find yourself watching it.

I can probably sit through Match of the Day; but any more than that and I simply can't be arsed.

oops.gif

[b said:
[b said:

It's probably just my bad luck - whenever I watch a prem game it's always poor....

As a league (discounting individual games) it's hard to get exited about it as only one club from a group of one can win it.... it's just too predictable. (not wanting to detract from Wigan's achievements so far, but fighting for fourth is hardly exciting)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 25 2005,14:40)]
[b said:
[b said:

It's probably just my bad luck - whenever I watch a prem game it's always poor....

As a league (discounting individual games) it's hard to get exited about it as only one club from a group of one can win it.... it's just too predictable. (not wanting to detract from Wigan's achievements so far, but fighting for fourth is hardly exciting)
Man Utd Vs. Charlton and Man Utd Vs. Chelsea were both very good games earlier this month.

It's the only English football I get to see, especially as Spanish TV broadcasts Premiersh!te games live at 4pm (3pm your time) each Saturday but I really don't care much about it. It's on in the background in the bar whilst I'm watching Soccer Saturday on the other screen. There are exceptions, of course, which mainly consist of Man Ewe getting thumped at Middlesbrough. As for local top-flight football, the Real Madrid v Barcelona game last Saturday was amazing.

Much rather travel around the Alicante region every Sunday afternoon following the fortunes of CD Jávea though.

WS

smile.gif

Back