• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clarke Carlisle on Question Time... who next?

Pubey

I thought Clarke Carlisle (Burley defender) came across quite well on Question Time. Knew the guy was smart but it's refreshing to see a footballer who obviously doesn't live up to the general stereotypes.

Which footballer would you like to see on the next QT? Jimmy Bullard? El Hadji Diouf?

Bilel Mohsni. Would be informative about the crisis in Tunisia, and also he'd probably kung-fu kick someone

I was really impressed with his contribution to the show and he is certainly not your "typical" footballer. But there was one thing that really frustrated me and it was that every time he spoke he made a very good, clear point that was well reasoned and made a hell of a lot of sense, but the crowd rarely reacted. Yet as soon as one of the politicians stated a controversial idea that was shouted out (mainly George Galloway) it would get a rapturous applause, despite it generally being ill informed and very misleading.

I also hated the way George Galloway and Alistair Campbell constantly interrupted others that were speaking! let them talk for crying out loud!!!

As for the next footballer... Lampard isn't a bad shout, but if they only way to get the crowd to react is by shouting controversial rubbish, why not let Wayne Rooney have a go :nope:

Back