• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clarke, who are you kidding?

tbf to Clarkey though, the guy he "brought down" is a lump and shouldnt be going down because of a little push.

Watch Barney closely next time he goes up with a defender. He has this knack of actually getting his arms round behind the defender who is behind him. Referees who take up good positions often spot this which is why apparent fouls on Barney are often not given or given the other way.

Mick, are officials at this level likely to know much about the players? In other words would referees know about the number of fouls Clarke conceeds every game and would be therefore likely to look out for offences against him?

Peter Clarke is a liability and until Tilly has the intelligence to sign a decent commanding experienced centre half then our defence will always be prone to the odd lapse or three a game.

I dont know why Clarke is complaining. I cant remember a defender during my time watching the shrimpers who constantly has his arms over people and is caught the wrong side in the box.

He should learn to keep his arms down and mark the player goalside then he wouldnt have to complain about needless penalties he gives a way.

Im not one of those that blames Clarke for all Southends defenceive woes, but his partnership with Barrett, just has not worked. This is not an overnight thing, 80 goals plus in champ campain conceded, over 60 plus last season, and the way things are going this season another hefty total. Im not a Clarke basher, the guy in some games has been our best player, but imo we need someone different to play alongside Barrett, and have done for some time.

or some-one to play alongside Barratt - he looks heavy legged sonmetimes - he rocks back on his heels when facing players giving them room, his solution to any crisis is to go rushing forward,

to an extent its Jack Charltons at the back and no Bobby Moore - I wonder how the lightweight Sanfola would stand up

Back