• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clarkson

That great big Jezza

• Fire him into outer space

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Give the man a knighthood

Votes: 35 74.5%

• Total voters
Funny TB, I was thinking about posting a Clarkson poll.
I think he's hilarious personally...

Poll added.

Last edited:
Funny TB, I was thinking about posting a Clarkson poll.
I think he's hilarious personally...

Poll added.

I have to take issue with you there mate. IMO Clarkson is a witless buffoon, and a complete waste of space like John McCrirrick & Henry Blofeld.

The only time I have laughed at anything Clarkson has said or done was when he challenged somebody to hack into his bank account, they did and made him look more of a knob than normal.

:madman:

The only time I have laughed at anything Clarkson has said or done was when he challenged somebody to hack into his bank account, they did and made him look more of a knob than normal.

That's precisely my point, Harry. Quite often his strong opinions come back to bite him firmly in the ****, but it doesn't stop him from sharing them! Half the time, he knows he'll be caught out, but he'll still throw his opinion out there.

Your point above only proves his comedy genius.

:clap:

Like Clarkson myself, yes, he's arrogant and opinionated but he has that ability to laugh at himself and as you say, Graeme, accept that he's wrong sometimes. Don't think I'd go quite so far as to say give him a knighthood though!

Isn't this just another dismal attempt by certain sections of the press to undermine his character? The Mirror were on the warpath long enough about the mobile phone business, until it was proven that the **** who took a photo of him driving with a phone had taken the picture with a phone while driving himself.
Clarkson is Marmite, there is no middle ground, but as he is the only one prepared to publicy denounce left wing twaddle, he gets my vote everytime.

That's precisely my point, Harry. Quite often his strong opinions come back to bite him firmly in the ****, but it doesn't stop him from sharing them! Half the time, he knows he'll be caught out, but he'll still throw his opinion out there.

Your point above only proves his comedy genius.

:clap:

Sorry mate, you'll never convince me.

I think I've said this before if I was locked in a room with Clarkson, a Bengal Tiger, a 15ft King Cobra and a gun with two bullets. I'd shoot Clarkson twice and take my chances with the other two.

I have to take issue with you there mate. IMO Clarkson is a witless buffoon, and a complete waste of space like John McCrirrick & Henry Blofeld.

Sorry Harry, Clarkson is a legend who sticks up for the increasingly screwed motorist! He is also a patron for Help for Hero's charity.

John McCrirrick, agreed! Complete waste of skin!

Henry Blofeld, Number 1 James Bond baddie in my view!

Be best for all if he were given to the McCann's to look after him for an evening.

Only one worse 'celeb' than Clarkson in the world and that is Jamie Oliver. And that is very marginal. C'mon people what is so bloody clever about driving very fast. Not a lot is there? I hate this speed is king culture that he and that short-ar$ed prat portray on their excuse of a TV programme.

Be best for all if he were given to the McCann's to look after him for an evening.

Only one worse 'celeb' than Clarkson in the world and that is Jamie Oliver. And that is very marginal. C'mon people what is so bloody clever about driving very fast. Not a lot is there? I hate this speed is king culture that he and that short-ar$ed prat portray on their excuse of a TV programme.

Pah! What is wrong with people?! Driving very fast IS cool. Driving cars that go very, very fast IS cool. Being a very mediocre driver, and still driving those cars very fast IS even cooler. And that's what Clarkson does, and he does so whilst not caring who he offends or takes the **** out of. That, in my mind, makes him a cool guy, and one who cracks the ocassional funny as well - what's not to like!?

Oh and he's about a million times better at his job than Hammond, who's just a **** driver, without the panache.

Pah! What is wrong with people?! Driving very fast IS cool. Driving cars that go very, very fast IS cool. Being a very mediocre driver, and still driving those cars very fast IS even cooler. And that's what Clarkson does, and he does so whilst not caring who he offends or takes the **** out of. That, in my mind, makes him a cool guy, and one who cracks the ocassional funny as well - what's not to like!?

Oh and he's about a million times better at his job than Hammond, who's just a **** driver, without the panache.

Spot on Clarkson is king! Most blokes would kill to have his job!

The one thing that hasn't been acknowledged in all this is exactly who has made this complaint. It's a father who's two year old son was killed by idiots speeding in a high powered car. Oh, and two of his friends. Not to mention the 5 in the BMW.

Clarkson is very funny, very watcheable, and when it comes to glamourising speeding and denying that speeding is a factor in road accidents he is VERY VERY wrong. The real question here is, is it a reasonable exchange to have the enjoyment of watching him do what he is so good at, when the cost is in (mainly young men's) lives?

And yes life is full of risks, and I have no problem with people taking risks with their own lives, but reckless driving so often costs other people their lives. The real problem I have with the man is that he could do 95% of what he does, but put over a sensible driving message too. He could help to save lives, and he chooses not to.

Driving very fast cars on a public highway is about as cool as Simon Cowell.

I actually find a lot of what Clarkson writes quite amusing, but the whole 'speed is cool' thing is utterly stupid.

Back