• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club or Country... - ..you decide!

• Southend in FA cup final

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England winning the world cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Remembering a conversation with a mate a few months back about the club/country debate, we just couldn't see eye to eye with our opinions, so out of sheer boredom here’s a brand spanking new poll.
smile.gif

The question is, would you rather England win the next world cup, or Southend reach the final of the FA cup?

IMO there’s no question, and yes I know what are the chances, but we can all dream
smile.gif

So it’s open to the floor!…

I reckon if it was Southend winning the FA cup, it'd be a bit different.

Of course, we all know that Eastwood is going to lead club and country to glory in 2006 so why the question?

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Just image Eastwood nicking an winner from a Grays cross with just an minute to go after being pressured non-stop by Chelsea to send 30'000 Southenders wilds and watch Mahar lift the FA Cup in front of us
biggrin.gif
only happen on Fifa 2005
laugh.gif

Ok, Eastwood is not in Fifa 2005, but I would chose Southend to win a trophy over England .... or Wales
tounge.gif

I think the odds on either happening are about the same as getting a bl**job from Meg Ryan [one of my favourite actresses...
tounge.gif
].

I picked Southend too. The England squad just do not inspire confidence IMHO, especially when its captain deliberately gets himself booked and suspended... and he claimed he was being intelligent!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

w**ker!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 23 2004,12:35)]... its captain deliberately gets himself booked and suspended... and he claimed he was being intelligent!
I thought that was a good move, personally.

And Meg Ryan isn't all that in the b.j. stakes. I'm bored of her.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 23 2004,11:42)]I thought that was a good move, personally.
Nah! not in my books... I have to admire his gall though and especially picking Ben Thatcher to foul!
ghostface.gif
laugh.gif

I'm suprised this hasn't been more one-sided, considering all the emotions that surrounded the LDV final.
rock.gif
That day was priceless...

Back