• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

should they be able to locate this footage ill happily head down to the hall to view it and appologise to mr king for doubting him.

I'd be more than happy to do the same. Maybe in the very near future the club/Geoff king could set up a Q&A session with the fans who are not happy. In this session maybe the video footage could be shown? The way i see it, GK AND RM have to do some drastic damage control as the fans are obviously incensed.
Who else would be interested in this idea? Q&A session with GK/the club where all our points could be conveyed and he can answer them face to face maybe with a bit of proof to back up his claims

Any DVR footage can be burnt to CD, however public viewing of the footage isn't allowed unless you are actually in it and called to task over your actions.

Any DVR footage can be burnt to CD, however public viewing of the footage isn't allowed unless you are actually in it and called to task over your actions.

But ALL those in and around the area will be in the footage. I will be one of them. I'd like to see where i fought with any other southend fans? or police? or stewards?
They way i see it, if the club have nothing to hide and are correct that these events took place, i can't see why they wouldn't show it? It's not illegal to show it. If anything it's illegal NOT to show us the tape as we are in it surely?
And in any case GK could still accept the offer of a Q&A session

If you didn't what are you getting yourself all worked up about?

Look mate, I know i'm totally innocent. Simple. But I don't like the fact, that the fans in that section/TBV are getting labelled as this and that. Now to me it's quite simple, if geoff king can prove these events took place then i'll be the first to say "fair enough, i was wrong".
Now i can't understand your feelings. Are you in support of geoff king, or against him? Because it comes across as though you think we're making a fuss over nothing

PLUS, does anyone really believe it was only 20 tickets missold? Seemes a bit of a random number. Personally i think Mr. King has been economical with the truth. I'D say there were more than 20

I'm not hung up over the number, but if you think of it logically it is IMPOSSIBLE for the club to know how many tickets were sold to away supporters for the home ends .

it is possible for the club to say that 16 Leicster supporters asked to be moved to the away end, and four were evicted. But if the club was not checking the database how can they possibley know who they sold tickets to ?

It is also potentially possible (depending on exactly what procedures were being carried out by which members of staff in the ticket offices) to people with out asking for their addressess which would give a theretical maximum number of tickets sold to away supporters , but this would be a meaningless figure in practise.

Having been snooping around on the Leicester forums there were actually more of them located in the block where the trouble took place.
According to them, when they saw those guys taking a real beating they decided to keep a low profile! Wise move i'd say.

Lets face it, there would of been a fair amount of away fans in home areas.

I'm not hung up over the number, but if you think of it logically it is IMPOSSIBLE for the club to know how many tickets were sold to away supporters for the home ends .

it is possible for the club to say that 16 Leicester supporters asked to be moved to the away end, and four were evicted. But if the club was not checking the database how can they possible know who they sold tickets to ?

It is also potentially possible (depending on exactly what procedures were being carried out by which members of staff in the ticket offices) to people with out asking for their addressess which would give a theoretical maximum number of tickets sold to away supporters , but this would be a meaningless figure in practise.

On my way from the West to the South stand to Leave the game i walk down to the bottom of the stand,which takes a while as i have to wait for the flow of people going up to clear, and go along to the corner to meet my son in the shrimpers bar. as i got to the bottom of Block W, I clapped Clarke as he walked around ground. Next thing, i turn and trip over someones crutches, I look up to say sorry and in front of me is 3 Leicester supporters in their home shirts ! So this figure of only 20 supporters in the *HOME ENDS* can not be right. then as i left by the East/ South corner, i just could not believe my eye's. There were 2 boxes of Leicester Fans leaning out of open windows going totally over the top. Beer was flying everywhere. Now this was about 8/10 Min's after game was over. So nothing was done about a very volatile situation even then. Also as for the police being involved in breaking up the fighting in WEST block W, I was ft away and never saw 1 POLICE OFFICER NEAR in that block. As for Southend fans fighting among'st themselves, that I did not see and can't believe for 1 min. Since moving back to my home town in 1990 from Norfolk I have been to probable 50% of our home games and an awful lot of away games too. Including places like Milwall , Spurs many games at Orient and Colchester,Stoke,West Brom etc etc I have never had any problems, apart from our Bus window getting bricked by kid's at Canvey ( IMO police fault for parking us in a compound on main road then not having any officers there),and the friendly against Wet spam, when IMO the club were totally wrong in selling tickets to hamsters to any part of ground, then letting them in wearing there team colors . To me it seams the Police and the Club just do not learn from previous experiences and are only to quick to blame the football supporter for all problems before during and after games. When IMO most problems can be eradicated before they occur. Don't let away fan's in home end wearing colors as happened at the wet sham and Leicester games. Its not hard. Just have stewards on turnstile's that can see. Then it wouldn't cost the club £8/21 Grand to call the old bill who IMO were not worth 2 pence when it went off. ........Sorry for going on, but i watched those kids and parents going down the steps after the second goal went in,and most wont be back, which is such a shame after all the work the blue voice have done in making the atmosphere, and the club in promoting to local schools etc to get them there in the first place.

Look mate, I know i'm totally innocent. Simple. But I don't like the fact, that the fans in that section/TBV are getting labelled as this and that. Now to me it's quite simple, if geoff king can prove these events took place then i'll be the first to say "fair enough, i was wrong".
Now i can't understand your feelings. Are you in support of geoff king, or against him? Because it comes across as though you think we're making a fuss over nothing

I'm not really for or against King, I feel far more affinity towards Tilly & the team if I'm honest. What I do know is that I was also down at that end of the West stand and saw some of what happened but, like everyone else, I can't have seen everything that happened. Since I know that I didn't do anything wrong I'm not offended by his statement, that's all.

I'm not really for or against King, I feel far more affinity towards Tilly & the team if I'm honest. What I do know is that I was also down at that end of the West stand and saw some of what happened but, like everyone else, I can't have seen everything that happened. Since I know that I didn't do anything wrong I'm not offended by his statement, that's all.

That's fair enough. In my opinion, aswell as many others, King has gone too far. I've had enough of kings crap. It's fiasco after fiasco. The guy needs to go. Maybe not out of the club completely, but somewhere far from 'Cheif Exec' position. Maybe programme seller? Even HE couldn't screw that up......:unsure:

I'd be more than happy to do the same. Maybe in the very near future the club/Geoff king could set up a Q&A session with the fans who are not happy. In this session maybe the video footage could be shown? The way i see it, GK AND RM have to do some drastic damage control as the fans are obviously incensed.
Who else would be interested in this idea? Q&A session with GK/the club where all our points could be conveyed and he can answer them face to face maybe with a bit of proof to back up his claims

Do they?? The last time i glanced at the facebook group there were 45ish members, thats hardly enought to overthrow the powers that be. The whole thing will be blown over soon enough as Mr King appears to be going no-where.

You may not agree but you appear to have a chairman who cares about the club and fans. A club that plays a huge part in the local community and a seemingly bright future. Thats more then alot of clubs can boast.

He made a mistake, by the sounds of it not his first, but the only way you can improve is by learning from where you have gone wrong before.

Do they?? The last time i glanced at the facebook group there were 45ish members, thats hardly enought to overthrow the powers that be. The whole thing will be blown over soon enough as Mr King appears to be going no-where.

You may not agree but you appear to have a chairman who cares about the club and fans. A club that plays a huge part in the local community and a seemingly bright future. Thats more then alot of clubs can boast.

He made a mistake, by the sounds of it not his first, but the only way you can improve is by learning from where you have gone wrong before.

Sorry mate, but GK has made unfounded allegations against his own fans, against the fans that has made Southend the "best family club in league 1". I've not seen any trouble at Roots in years - the only time (and I'm not making this up 'cos it's you) was when we played Leeds in the Championship season and you equalised late in the game and pretty much sealed our relegation and it got a bit heated with Leeds fans in the home end, but nothing (as I believe as I wasn't there) as bad as Saturday and Leicester.

GK should have back Southend fans 110% and put the blame squarely on the shoulders of Leicester until the evidence proved otherwise. In my eyes he's made a massive, massive gaff and should step down immediately.

Upto 77 at the moment. growing all the time.

As you are NOT a southend fan, i fail to see how you can comment on a situation where SOUTHEND fans have been crapped on. GK has done it time and time again. WE'VE had enough. Ridsdale ruined your club (apparently) but i can't comment on it because i'm not a leeds fan. Only leeds fans know the ins and out of the story. The same as we know this old caper inside out. KING OUT

GK should have back Southend fans 110% and put the blame squarely on the shoulders of Leicester until the evidence proved otherwise. In my eyes he's made a massive, massive gaff and should step down immediately.

He should not of blamed any sets of fans until he knew 110% the cause of the problem. And if it had been the opposition fans he should of dealt with it behind closed doors and made a statement once that had been dealt with.

Seems it was a rush job to say something with too much guess work on who was to blame and he got it miles wrong in doing so. He should of simply said they were aware of the issue and were investigating it, and then made a further statement when they were sure.

Maybe like on here the club should make sure all the big wigs agree with the statement before issuing it.

He should not of blamed any sets of fans until he knew 110% the cause of the problem. And if it had been the opposition fans he should of dealt with it behind closed doors and made a statement once that had been dealt with.

Seems it was a rush job to say something with too much guess work on who was to blame and he got it miles wrong in doing so. He should of simply said they were aware of the issue and were investigating it, and then made a further statement when they were sure.

Maybe like on here the club should make sure all the big wigs agree with the statement before issuing it.

Agreed.........

Exactly, there was pressure to make some kind of comment and foolishly he said what he said. He should and have said that it is being dealt with internally and further comment will be made later

Back