• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Barnard may still have that finishing prowess, but very hard to show it when given 10 minutes at the end of games.

They said that about Eastwood for 2 years too. Barney won't produce this season, like Eastwood didn't. Eastwood and now Barney weren't played for a reason.

They said that about Eastwood for 2 years too. Barney won't produce this season, like Eastwood didn't. Eastwood and now Barney weren't played for a reason.

Rumours persist Ron is trying to sign any player past their best,Lineker may be tempted but must play at least 5 minutes for his 2 year deal.

Eastwood got 4 in 5 at the start of last season before getting injured. The reason he didn't play is most likely the same reason he has retired - injury.

Eastwood got 4 in 5 at the start of last season before getting injured. The reason he didn't play is most likely the same reason he has retired - injury.

Sturrock rarely played him which suggests he never wanted him,Brown rarely plays Barney so ditto again.

Cheeky, manipulating the stats. He played in the Burton Albion game on 12th October then got injured. That was the 13th game in all competitions and he scored 5 in that time. 5 in 12 games in actuality. You could argue that over a 46 game season that equates to nearly 20 goald but we all knew it would never happen. I'd be surprised if Barney got 5 in the whole season

Sturrock rarely played him which suggests he never wanted him,Brown rarely plays Barney so ditto again.

Seriously MrsB - R E L A X.....

24595493-dog-in-red-spiked-collar-with-bone.jpg

We don't need to hear how absolutely, completely **** everything and everyone is in every single thread.

Yet you made a thread questioning why Barnard got so much game time, then say he rarely plays.

If he didn't want him, then why constantly bring him on as a sub and start him in the cup?

Cheeky, manipulating the stats. He played in the Burton Albion game on 12th October then got injured. That was the 13th game in all competitions and he scored 5 in that time. 5 in 12 games in actuality. You could argue that over a 46 game season that equates to nearly 20 goald but we all knew it would never happen. I'd be surprised if Barney got 5 in the whole season

Not manipulating the stats, just simply forgetting when he got injured. 5 in 12 is still a very good return and you can come out with "we all knew it would never happen" with hindsight but the fact is that you've been against Eastwood coming back, against Barnard coming back and against Brown being our manager and will find anything just so you can have a go at them.

The constant "Brown won't change the team and go for the 'usuals'" post you make and even when he changes the team you'll moan at him.

Barnard might only get 5 this season and he might not, but he has 1 without even starting a game so far.

Not manipulating the stats, just simply forgetting when he got injured. 5 in 12 is still a very good return and you can come out with "we all knew it would never happen" with hindsight but the fact is that you've been against Eastwood coming back, against Barnard coming back and against Brown being our manager and will find anything just so you can have a go at them.

The constant "Brown won't change the team and go for the 'usuals'" post you make and even when he changes the team you'll moan at him.

Barnard might only get 5 this season and he might not, but he has 1 without even starting a game so far.

I actually was happy Barney was back and hoped he would fire us to promotion last season. With a full pre season behind him I thought he would start banging in the goals but it just isn't happening. He is getting game time, probably more so that Eastwood got, but he just isn't at the races.

As for the other strikers, it's all well and good signing the likes of Brown and Layne but either use them or put them in the development squad and get a couple of strikers in who can fire us to promotion. It's all well and good having Layne and Brown as 'ones for the future' but we need 'now' strikers

I don't think I've been overly critical of Brown apart from the first few weeks he was here where he made an almighty mess of the Wembley trip

I actually was happy Barney was back and hoped he would fire us to promotion last season. With a full pre season behind him I thought he would start banging in the goals but it just isn't happening. He is getting game time, probably more so that Eastwood got, but he just isn't at the races.

As for the other strikers, it's all well and good signing the likes of Brown and Layne but either use them or put them in the development squad and get a couple of strikers in who can fire us to promotion. It's all well and good having Layne and Brown as 'ones for the future' but we need 'now' strikers

I don't think I've been overly critical of Brown apart from the first few weeks he was here where he made an almighty mess of the Wembley trip

He's not getting much game time though and needs to start before he can be judged.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure you and a couple of others were asking him to be sacked at the start of last season. Wembley isn't something I want to remember and can't forgive Brown for that.

As for 'now' strikers, we have a very decent one in Corr and I also believe that now Barnard is fitter with a full pre-season he will kick on and score a decent amount. Weston was brought in and looked like he would be someone to be relied on after his pre-season exploits, but that seems to have not happened. Coulthirst seemed like a good one on paper, with 3 in 7 games last season when out on loan last season and he does cause defences lots of problems.

Just seen that Jason Williams scored again for the development squad, maybe pushing for a place on the bench now.

I'm not sure there is anyone you could combine with Collymore to make a better player??

I'd combine the Christian name of Mike Lapper & the surname of Lewis Hunt for some schoolboy giggles when the team is read out

What little time he does get he seems to perform. i think hes still got the natural finisher in him and what we need is someone who can put the ball in the back of the net.

Back