• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
I admit I was not in favour of Paul Sturrock becoming our Manager but after careful consideration over the summer I'm now of a different opinion. And no this hasn't come in the midst of the euphoria of the result at Rotherham.

For many of us we were so frustrated at how things were being terribly handled off the pitch we were so desperate or I was at least for instant success.

Having reflected it was grossly unfair on my behalf to expect Paul to bring in a whole new squad assembled together in a few weeks, Gel them immediately and expext to get up at his first attempt.

Last season was alkways going to be about stabilising the squad and finishing 13th I think was a respectful position to finish in after all the upheaval. This was reasonably good springboard for us to kick on for this season and lets not forget we could have ended up in Stockport's position or that of Plymouth today.

Paul spoke of his targets in the summer and I'm sure where we are in the League at the moment he would have settled for. After last season's stabilising and gelling of the Squad surely he has ticked three or four of the boxes he set himself which brings me those who continue to snipe at him on here.

Surely now he's merited more support than what he gets from the few who snipe. after ticking some boxes already ( better to set small targets I might add which breeds confidence when they are fulfilled) who's to say he can't further down the line and find the consistency we so need if we are to have a successful season.

Obviously we can

Good post, but I can't agree that we should blindly give him our unrequited support. I wasn't there today and I'm still stunned by the scoreline, scoring 4 away from home is bloody good by any stretrch of the imagination. However there is still the issue of the awful hoof ball we are playing at home. This IMO must be addressed, and I'll maintain my criticism of this as long as I have whiplash from watching the ball in the sky rather than that nice and unused green carpet at Roots Hall.

I'm sorry if that sounds churlish in view of today's result, and the fact we're in the top three, but we must see better fare at home and that is the responsibility of the manager.

The responsibility of the manager is to be in the top three, which we are, the "fare" at home is a bonus.

If PS can get us out of this awful division ... not an easy task to do upwards ... I'll support him whatever we have to watch. If getting the ball forward quickly/hoofball is what works that's fine by me. Oh and if having to endure us winning 4-0 away from home is necessary that's fine by me too!

If we get the results going right first, then the performances will come with confidence. Maybe today was the start of that.

Back