• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Constantine

whoops posted twice by accident not for effect!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Oct. 28 2004,13:43)]I really must learn not to rise to these idiotic posts.
For the last time,
Imagine this scenario, You support Southend but play football for Northampton Town. Apart from playing one season for Northampton Town you have no other connection with them. Your contract expires. Another club in League 1 comes in for you. They offer you a contract playing football at a higher level on alot more money.
Northampton Town eventually end up offering you a contract but its far lower than the league 1 offer.
You decide to further your career and sign for the league 1 side.
Does this make you a mercenary?
Does this mean you think you can walk on water?
Like hell it does.
Explain to me Technician and Olviss why it is funny to see a player who arguably single handedly kept us up last season with his goals struggling to find form now?    
mad.gif
What a stupid post that is?

touche!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 08 2004,12:30)]Hear, hear.

I was looking at a DVD of Leon's goals on Saturday... frankly, it makes the decision to let him go look even more baffling.

I wish him every success at Torquay - he appears to have been treated fairly shoddily by our club, and I took no pleasure whatsoever in seeing him falter at Peterborough.  Hope it works out for him at Plainmoor - he has certainly made a good start to his career there.

Matt
Matt,

Taking away the pens that he scored (6 ??) how many of the other 19 or so were tap-ins or what I would class strikers goals (like fredy's 1st 2 against swansea or his goal at Sc**thorpe) I would wager not many. IMHO Leon had a season where everything he hit, went in. Good luck to him but I think Tilly realised that the chances of that happening again were slim, and therfefore he offered him a contract that reflected that.

Personally, I don't regret Leon going. I'll appreciate his goals last year for helping us to stay in the division but that's about it.

PS Looks like I'm going to owe you a beer for our Boston / Oxford bet !!

Back