• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Corners and Throws in

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
Why do we keep persisting in taking these stupid short corners that keep catching us offside? It's happened probably more than half a dozen times this season before last night and twice last night too! IT DOSN'T WORK! FORGET IT!

Its surely much more simple to get a ball in to the box from a dead ball or if you want to change the angle of the cross the use someone a few yards away to significantly change the angle of delivery. This one yard pass short corner dosn't do either!

It was unbelievable. As was the fact that the one knocking it back to Francis was Robinson, one of our strikers. Why not get him in the box!?

Schoolboy like. Not for the first time this season.

We get alot of set pieces but we rarely take advantage from them. Was I the only one that thought when we got a corner or freekick that nothing would happen?

Throw ins

Something I've been aware of for a while but was really evident last night is why do we always have to wait for the "chosen one" to come and take a throw when there are other players willing and able to take a quick one? We moan at the oppo teams for time wasting but boy, were we guilty of it last night in waiting for Adam to come and take throws.

Also movement at throw ins - basic stuff guys, the player needs one of US to throw the ball to so make yourselves available.

We have been poor at throw-ins for years. Considering how many there are in a game, it might be worth working on them a little more!

I've always wondered why it is that 90% of our own throw ins seem to end up with an opposition player, whilst when the opposition have throw ins, they always seem be able to find their own player.

I don't know why Moussa has stopped taking corners, I thought he put a pretty decent cross in.

I wasn't there so forgive me sticking my oar in, but could it be simply that a lot of the players can't deal with running up the fairly steep slope that exists at all corners of Roots Hall, before trying to accurately kick the ball in? Must admit it looks tricky to me, but then again I'm not a professional footballer (with good reason..)

Maybe by knocking it a few feet onto the pitch it allows them a flatter run up. Although if you're all saying the delivery is still cr*p its obviously not working!

I wasn't there so forgive me sticking my oar in, but could it be simply that a lot of the players can't deal with running up the fairly steep slope that exists at all corners of Roots Hall, before trying to accurately kick the ball in? Must admit it looks tricky to me, but then again I'm not a professional footballer (with good reason..)

Maybe by knocking it a few feet onto the pitch it allows them a flatter run up. Although if you're all saying the delivery is still cr*p its obviously not working!

I see what you mean there, BUT away teams seem to manage it. So why can't we?

JOHNNY HERD
HE'S THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING
his long throws could have produced something last night

We should be able to use the big step at corners to our advantage as sufc_tom says everyone else seems to be able to do it.

Most opposistion manage it, crewe did it very well last night, Francis has a mental block on taking corners at RH and never looks confident doing it.

I would get them all down RH for the week practising, or is that to obvious!!!

JOHNNY HERD
HE'S THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING
his long throws could have produced something last night

Disagree with that, we didnt win 1 header in and around their penalty area last night. The only time we did well with a throw was dropping it short of their centre half to feet, which allowed moussa to have a shot, but we only did that once.

Disagree with that, we didnt win 1 header in and around their penalty area last night. The only time we did well with a throw was dropping it short of their centre half to feet, which allowed moussa to have a shot, but we only did that once.

I'm not saying we would have scored direct from a header from a throw in but it gets it into the box and worries their keeper, we could poke it in from a goal mouth scramble

Back