• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to go and try and get some for work today - wish me luck!

Well, if you don't have any luck you could always start cutting up newspapers and hanging off a bit of string - worked before and what with all the @rap that's written in them they'd be ideally suited for purpose :Smile:

Got to love it. One expert said don't panic this morning, just go about your business. Then a minister comes on, and says we're not taking it serious enough, and should of learnt by what's happened very quickly to Italy.

Boss started heading my way earlier with that 'you're in for a bollocking ' look about him. I pulled a tissue out and blew my nose. He stopped in his tracks, said 'not to worry' and hot footed it back to the office ?

Going to try and sneeze in his pressence later, just for jollies.

I'm not panicking, but I do believe this is serious. The Italian government have locked down the whole country - when has something like that happened before? They will be getting advice from experts and wouldn't have done this unless this was a serious situation. The economic impact of this lockdown will be massive for Italy.

Simply that those at risk could die, increasing the burden on Italy's health system. The same here, the NHS is already creaking and can't withstand an increase in numbers should that a risk group start falling ill. If the virus has no way to replicate then it'll die out, hence the isolation and the closing down of Italy.

I have no idea how old you are or how your general health is, but I'm sure we'll all be totally fine even if we get it. I'm more bothered about the idiotic responses of our fellow countrymen & women in acting like it's the start of the apocalypse.
I'm 31 and my general health is good. I'm not worried about getting it myself, but I do worry about the NHS and our economy which I think could take a battering which will affect us all.

I don't think that many people are panicking. As usual there are a few idiots and they get all the attention. Everyone I know has been going about their daily business with a bit of additional gallows humour added in for fun.

However, there are a number of things we should be concerned about:

1. There's no vaccine, so it will spread quickly and it is clearly dangerous for at-risk members of the population (I have a three-year-old son with Type 1 diabetes and I must admit to monitoring the situation closely).
2. Our current government is incompetent and is incapable of protecting its citizens should things go badly awry.
3. The NHS is not capable of finding space for thousands of extra patients.
4. Economic effects are already being seen and we're nowhere near the peak of this thing. There are already a lot of businesses (including a certain football club) and individuals in this country that are really struggling and this will not be helpful.

Football related; "How will affect the Prem'?"-type articles in the media.

Very little - they get their main revenue from TV, ticket revenue is is just a pickled onion on their fish and chips.
League 2 for example - no attendance, no revenue, not even a buttered roll!

Got loo roll without any problem. Hand soap, anti bac wipes or hand sanitiser are a different matter entirely. I did manage to get a pump soap for the cloakroom which had all but run out - I do normally keep a spare for each room that needs one anyway but, on this occasion, hadn't got round to that one.

On the taxi front, two more cancellations for April as more people are having flights or holidays cancelled.

my first sighting of a face mask on c2c....

Another first.I was on a busy FGC train coming back from work earlier and saw a woman using her wollen scarf as a facemask for the whole journey.Must have been uncomfortable.The bloke opposite her did cough once (into the crook of his arm) and took what looked like some cough drops.Can't be too careful I suppose.

Nadine Dorries has it now. Wonder how many other MP's have it?
382 recorded cases but how many unrecorded?
Thought it might be a week before football matches go behind closed doors, but could it be this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back