• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pubs and Restaurants will be forced to shut at 10pm from Thursday.

Not a clue, I assume it allows pubs and restaurants time to plan for this.

Lol, I can’t imagine that would be a difficult planning committee to be on.

“Right lads, we need to shut the place by 10pm, as per the government’s guidelines. Any ideas?”

“Er, well.... why don’t we try refusing people service after 10pm, and also asking them to leave the premises at that time?”

“It’s an outlandish idea, but it might just work”.

The author (who is it?) doesn't know for sure about the age distribution. What I've seen from serology testing is that many younger people were infected in the early part of the year but never got a test because they weren't symptomatic, as you correct assume.

Found out yesterday that the young adult step children of one of my work colleagues have tested positive for antibodies. Their grandfather was in hospital with Covid back in January, so we're assuming the timing is linked to him.

Pubs and Restaurants will be forced to shut at 10pm from Thursday.

It’s utter nonsense and no scientific data to back it up either.

Will leave it there though as the whole thing is ridiculous with the data available. And don’t get me started on that “graph” from yesterday.

It’s utter nonsense and no scientific data to back it up either.

Will leave it there though as the whole thing is ridiculous with the data available. And don’t get me started on that “graph” from yesterday.

Which one? There was about a million!

I’ve not looked through all the posts, but as I see it, the second coming or wave is here. No one talks about third, forth or even fifth.. is it all over after this one the ?

Conspiracy theory number ‘Dont care’. The world is coming to an end, either by an unmentioned meteorite or the global warming/fire/flood and its imminent. We are being distracted by covid 19 and kept indoors. Discuss.

Found out yesterday that the young adult step children of one of my work colleagues have tested positive for antibodies. Their grandfather was in hospital with Covid back in January, so we're assuming the timing is linked to him.

I thought it didn't exist back in January

Antibodies fade over time so I wouldn't necessarily assume that.

I’ve not looked through all the posts, but as I see it, the second coming or wave is here. No one talks about third, forth or even fifth.. is it all over after this one the ?

This is the part that's down to opinion and interpretation. Yes cases are rising however hospitalisations and deaths are steady not increasing rapidly and absolutely nowhere near the levels of back in March.

What doesn't make sense to me and is confusing is we do not know the end plan/strategy of the restrictions. It started off as protecting the NHS and not overwhelming hospitals. That is not happening now. How much longer do we go with restrictions on lots of sectors for a very small number of people who are actually ill.

And i'm not some conspiracy theorist who thinks the virus never existed. I agreed with the initial lockdown but the restrictions now do not add up with the hospitalisations and deaths numbers.

This is the part that's down to opinion and interpretation. Yes cases are rising however hospitalisations and deaths are steady not increasing rapidly and absolutely nowhere near the levels of back in March.

What doesn't make sense to me and is confusing is we do not know the end plan/strategy of the restrictions. It started off as protecting the NHS and not overwhelming hospitals. That is not happening now. How much longer do we go with restrictions on lots of sectors for a very small number of people who are actually ill.

And i'm not some conspiracy theorist who thinks the virus never existed. I agreed with the initial lockdown but the restrictions now do not add up with the hospitalisations and deaths numbers.
Hence the ‘look over here’ while the real issue is going on elsewhere theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back