• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents have been offered a vaccination somewhere over at Runwell this week. Bizarre considering there's a clinic doing them just a mile away on the High Road.
That’s the new vaccination hub Kay and it is at the old Runwell Hospital site
Flipping crazy if you ask me for older people to get to a hub miles away and most will be reliant on family to take them to.
We are trying to get our patients to come to the surgery

My parents have been offered a vaccination somewhere over at Runwell this week. Bizarre considering there's a clinic doing them just a mile away on the High Road.

That's the mass vacination site in Essex, opened yesterday. It's at the H in the top left hand corner of the map - it's the old nurse's accomodation block at the old Runwell hospital

1610901916555.png

That’s the new vaccination hub Kay and it is at the old Runwell Hospital site
Flipping crazy if you ask me for older people to get to a hub miles away and most will be reliant on family to take them to.
We are trying to get our patients to come to the surgery
Yeah, this. My Nan is in a similar situation and has to wait for a place to come up more local as the centre she’s been invited to is miles away. My Mum is rebooking online for her. Hopefully they get all the over 80s done first time round.

Yeah, this. My Nan is in a similar situation and has to wait for a place to come up more local as the centre she’s been invited to is miles away. My Mum is rebooking online for her. Hopefully they get all the over 80s done first time round.
Before going to these big vaccination sites check with your own GP where their PCN hub is. The PCN hubs are a cluster of local GPs vaccinating from one local site

I have been very fortunate to have had mine in December and have also had my booster too
I received the Pfizer vaccination and with the first dose had some general aches and pains and a headache the following day. Paracetamol quickly helped though.
with my booster the injection site was quite tender and my arm aches slightly but nothing more.
I am hearing from people who have received the AstraZeneca that they seem to have more aches and pains than those that have been given the Pfizer however, this should not put you off

What lockdown? Traffic around Shoeburyness today is like a Bank Holiday!!

Busy in Leigh today as well, where are these people going, nothing is open, I just don't get why so many cars are about.

This isn't a lockdown at all, people are ignoring it.

My mum has had here 2nd jab (Pfzier) put back from 22nd Jan to 25th March. She had 1st jab on 1 Jan.

I do hope the Govt strategy on going against the manufacturer/WHO recommendation is a good one!

I noticed today activity at Richmond Hall in South Benfleet, although people not going in.
They were pulling up in cars and driving off (the passenger the patient).
Was this a testing centre? Was it a flu jab? Was it overspill from the centre down the High road which is extremely busy?
I know Kay said about why not use Richmond Hall! all I can say is they weren't actually using the hall and were set up outside.
Whatever great work once again.

Some early evidence emerging from Israel that moving to a longer period between dose 1 and 2 is significantly less effective than assumed by the Government when they made their decision to move to 12 weeks apart. Government assumption was around 90% effective, in practice could be around 33%

My mum, dad and wife all had the Pfizer jab on Sunday.

Mum and Wife are NHS. My dad managed to get in because my mums surgery had some left over so they let people come in and use up the remainder. Hoping she can do the same for me soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back