• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to my dad today, both my mum and dad had there vaccination a week ago.My mum has had MS for about 25 years now so slowly but surely her body is giving up which is sad to see. She's very high risk, fair play to my dad from keeping Covid away from her so far.

The local vaccinator went round to my mum and dads to give my mum the jab and my dad went to the local Jab centre.

They had the Oxford Jab and neither had any side effects at all.

You have to say, this vaccination program is amazing :Worthy:

Indeed.I can tell you that folk in general and the media, both in Spain and France, (and I'm sure elsewhere too) are looking on enviously.And that doesn't happen too often.

Speaking to my dad today, both my mum and dad had there vaccination a week ago.My mum has had MS for about 25 years now so slowly but surely her body is giving up which is sad to see. She's very high risk, fair play to my dad from keeping Covid away from her so far.

The local vaccinator went round to my mum and dads to give my mum the jab and my dad went to the local Jab centre.

They had the Oxford Jab and neither had any side effects at all.

You have to say, this vaccination program is amazing :Worthy:

I find this difficult to understand - if someone is in a high risk group and needs to have the vaccine administered at home, why not give it to the other person in the house due it at the same time?

Let's hope he can continue to keep Covid from her.

May be down to red tape ? A good friend of ours is the unofficial full time carer for her terminally ill mum (cancer), the mum was vaccinated at home but the daughter must wait her turn.....

Had a positive test in my sons class so now he’s self isolating for 10 days.

Can imagine there will be more of this when they go back full time on the 8th.

Inevitable I'm afraid.When I started my first week of teaching back in October last year here, there were already two pupils in 2 different groups self-isolating.(I was only teaching 3 groups pt).The students had only been back a couple of weeks then before Cambridge exam classes started.

I find this difficult to understand - if someone is in a high risk group and needs to have the vaccine administered at home, why not give it to the other person in the house due it at the same time?

Let's hope he can continue to keep Covid from her.

That's a very good question. My dad had his jab 2 week before my mums which (thinking about it) makes sense because he then had a level of protection to not bring it into the house. My mum hasn't left the house in a year and apart from walking the dogs, my dad doesn't go out much either, I think he was just happy to get out for an hour to get his jab.

Also, I'm sure it's all about logistics, the volume of vaccines the home vaccinator can carry as well as how many people that person needs to jab in the day. It was just easier for my dad to just pop along to the Jab centre.

To be fair he's pretty good (loves her loads), he doesn't let anyone in the house and very stricked. All visits and supply's are at the window only. With MS, it destroy's any immune system the body has, so my mum is always getting home visits for certain jabs (flu eg). I have nothing but the utmost respect with the NHS and health workers.

Agreed. It's a fine balance getting kids back to school and keeping everyone safe.

Are parents getting testing kits prior to kids going back to school? It would make more sense than waiting until they return on the 8th.

Is your son in secondary school? Are they asking you to test already? My son is in primary school and testing hasn’t been mentioned yet.

I just replied with the same question, it would make more sense to start testing kids now rather than wait until they go back on the 8th.

Agreed. It's a fine balance getting kids back to school and keeping everyone safe.

Are parents getting testing kits prior to kids going back to school? It would make more sense than waiting until they return on the 8th.

I've got 2 kids in 2 different secondary schools. One has given their plans today, each pupil will be given a time to goto school to have their first test, different years on different days, and then will start in-school the following day. So year 12 (and 10 and 13) go in on Mon 8th to get tested, and then start lessons on the 9th. Year X, goes in on Tue 9th for testing and start lessons Wed 10th, year Y testing Wed 10, start lessons Thur 11th etc.

The other school haven't given detailed plans, but I think they're wanting kids to sort out their own tests next week, and then there will also be a staggered start and in-school testing - but no details yet.

I've got 2 kids in 2 different secondary schools. One has given their plans today, each pupil will be given a time to goto school to have their first test, different years on different days, and then will start in-school the following day. So year 12 (and 10 and 13) go in on Mon 8th to get tested, and then start lessons on the 9th. Year X, goes in on Tue 9th for testing and start lessons Wed 10th, year Y testing Wed 10, start lessons Thur 11th etc.

The other school haven't given detailed plans, but I think they're wanting kids to sort out their own tests next week, and then there will also be a staggered start and in-school testing - but no details yet.

I don't envy all the parents and kids having to take (do) these tests all the time, they're pretty unpleasant. I have a weak stomach these days and gag at everything, even brushing my teeth, as for picking up my dogs turds, I'm a mess, people must look out of the window laughing at me whilst I'm gagging like a loon :Cry:

On the contrary it might just keep schools open until the summer.

Schools should be open until the summer regardless. The most vulnerable have had their first jabs which offers most of the protection, there is no reason for them to close again. It just smacks of a token gesture, keep up the fear.

Even if masks do help - and that's questionable - do you really expect a 12 year old to wear one properly? They'll be touching them all the time, taking them on and off etc. Non-verbal communication is important in teaching. And how will the teachers know which kids are talking? :Zipped:

Schools should be open until the summer regardless. The most vulnerable have had their first jabs which offers most of the protection, there is no reason for them to close again. It just smacks of a token gesture, keep up the fear.

Even if masks do help - and that's questionable - do you really expect a 12 year old to wear one properly? They'll be touching them all the time, taking them on and off etc. Non-verbal communication is important in teaching. And how will the teachers know which kids are talking? :Zipped:

It's not questionable at all (see attachmen).FWIW I happen to agree with you about the problems of social distancing with teenagers (which is precisly why I quit last October).

Attachments

• Masks.png
    Masks.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 12
Cases down to 59 per 100k in the latest 7 day rolling average in Southend. This LD surely shouldn’t be going on any longer now, this is starting to become absurd IMO.

Cases down to 59 per 100k in the latest 7 day rolling average in Southend. This LD surely shouldn’t be going on any longer now, this is starting to become absurd IMO.
It won't, schools will go back and numbers will rise again.
With the hope being that hospital admissions won't.
People will relax and get complacenct, and before the vac base has been enlarged significantly people will die before their time, of covid or because of further delays to already overdue treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back