• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is very simple...Privatise it. They would get better pay and those they really care about there health would have a much better service. The country would be much healthier.

After all that's worked so well in the USA. :Thumbs down: (If you want to look at a good mix of public and private ,I'd suggest you look at France where most people have a "mutua" (ie private health insurance) which covers the gap between essential medical services which the state provides free and those little extras (eg a private room) etc).

Tbf the Spanish system is also a mix of publc and private but the private bit probably works less well than its French counterpart.Like everyone here I've heard the horror stories and know people who've chosen to be operated on privately in a clinic,only to experience a botched operation and be carted off by ambulance to a public hospital to do the job properly.

The Spanish public health system-as I know from personal experience-works well.

Last edited:
At this point I will point out that this thread is about Covid 19 and Mental Health. It is not a thread for discussing Privatising the National Health Service. Please do not post anything more on the subject on this thread. If you must, then start a new thread. Thank you.

Over a million people have now had the second jab. I can see that going right up in the next few weeks as it's been 12 weeks (ish) since the UK started the vaccination program, so people are due the second jab.

Over a million people have now had the second jab. I can see that going right up in the next few weeks as it's been 12 weeks (ish) since the UK started the vaccination program, so people are due the second jab.

We have already started “Round 2” and are just hoping that we get sent enough vaccines to complete 1st Vaccine and the second one

Wife had hers done yesterday. I wont get mine until the tail end of April, beginning of May I believe.

I think she got hers as she had previously had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies.

Once all this is "over" will this be another side vaccine that we would get alongside the flu jab. If so I wonder why the likes of Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Asda with their pharmacies aren't completing vaccinations as well.

It does not seem to be as “full on” with supplies as we had several weeks ago

I live opp the Highlands Surgery vaccination centre in Leigh, & whereas up to 3 weeks ago, people were queuing everyday throughout the week, since then i reckon they are only open 2-3 days per week.
I received my NHS letter a week ago, on which it quotes 'you can book your appts at a vac centre'. So i took this over the road, & the NHS Nurse said i had to book online, as also mentioned in the letter, & i wouldn't be contacted by my GP, which is Highlands Surgery as well!.
So i did this, all sorted, going to Mill Hall in Rayleigh on Sun for my 1st one.
Blow me, i get a call from Highlands Surgery this afternoon, asking me if i want to have my injection this week. Told them i tried to book with them a week ago, but was told i couldn't???.
When i told the lady what i'd been told last week, she said that was wrong, & i shouldn't have been told that!.

It does not seem to be as “full on” with supplies as we had several weeks ago

I guess it was always going to slow down a bit. 23mil of the most (top 4) vulnerable people have protection now. Now comes the hard bit, vaccinate those again with the second jab, making sure stocks go to those who are due the second jab.

Kids going back to school today, making sure test kits get to schools at the same time, logistical nightmare. I'm guessing it's a case of priorisising everything.

Do schools have NHS staff to test now?

I guess it was always going to slow down a bit. 23mil of the most (top 4) vulnerable people have protection now. Now comes the hard bit, vaccinate those again with the second jab, making sure stocks go to those who are due the second jab.

Kids going back to school today, making sure test kits get to schools at the same time, logistical nightmare. I'm guessing it's a case of priorisising everything.

Do schools have NHS staff to test now?
It's probably worth bearing in mind that both the Cliffs Pavilion and Mill Hall will have reduced demand on places like Highlands Clinic and supplies will be targeted on them more now.

It's probably worth bearing in mind that both the Cliffs Pavilion and Mill Hall will have reduced demand on places like Highlands Clinic and supplies will be targeted on them more now.

Thats a very good point, second jabs being more local to surgeries for the top 4 rather than the mass centres.

Obviously the jab centres will continue but not at a rate that we've seen over the last few weeks.

I live opp the Highlands Surgery vaccination centre in Leigh, & whereas up to 3 weeks ago, people were queuing everyday throughout the week, since then i reckon they are only open 2-3 days per week.
I received my NHS letter a week ago, on which it quotes 'you can book your appts at a vac centre'. So i took this over the road, & the NHS Nurse said i had to book online, as also mentioned in the letter, & i wouldn't be contacted by my GP, which is Highlands Surgery as well!.
So i did this, all sorted, going to Mill Hall in Rayleigh on Sun for my 1st one.
Blow me, i get a call from Highlands Surgery this afternoon, asking me if i want to have my injection this week. Told them i tried to book with them a week ago, but was told i couldn't???.
When i told the lady what i'd been told last week, she said that was wrong, & i shouldn't have been told that!.

I'm with highlands too, you don't live in the wood yard do you :ROFL:

All fun apart, were they big queues? I've had a couple of phone appointments with the GP which does seem to be the way forward for simple things and prescriptions.

So you're getting your jab at Highlands now then? You live over the road for gods sake, it's a bit of a no brainer.

Highlands are pretty good to be fair, the docs are a nice bunch.

I'm with highlands too, you don't live in the wood yard do you :ROFL:
All fun apart, were they big queues? I've had a couple of phone appointments with the GP which does seem to be the way forward for simple things and prescriptions.
So you're getting your jab at Highlands now then? You live over the road for gods sake, it's a bit of a no brainer.
Highlands are pretty good to be fair, the docs are a nice bunch.

Not quite, i live opp in the Flats. Queues probably no more than 10-15 max, consistent throughout the day.
I declined the jab there on Weds, as i'd already booked for Rayleigh on Sun, & whilst there can also pop into a couple of shops for essential purchases.
Although opp me, that canvas shelter they've put up outside isn't very good, & as it's meant to pee down on Weds, i'll take my chances on waiting another 4 days.

Not quite, i live opp in the Flats. Queues probably no more than 10-15 max, consistent throughout the day.
I declined the jab there on Weds, as i'd already booked for Rayleigh on Sun, & whilst there can also pop into a couple of shops for essential purchases.
Although opp me, that canvas shelter they've put up outside isn't very good, & as it's meant to pee down on Weds, i'll take my chances on waiting another 4 days.

What ever suits you my friend, it doesn't matter where you get it, just get it and protect yourself. :Highfive:

Thought the presser was an interesting watch today. Boris without saying the exact words made it quite clear nothing was going to be brought forward even if the data is ahead of what they expect it to be when asked. So it’s not data not dates it’s actually going to be the dates they’ve already given and doesn’t matter what the data is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back