• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corr had no need to use his arm, he would do well to copy Freddy who takes the knocks and gets on with it.
This is a very astute observation, one of the things that really does wind me up about Corr is that he is quite petulant and is forever on a ref's case. Freddy, on the other hand, takes things on the chin and rarely feels the need to speak to the officials, although I did notice on the clip he had a quick word after the decision was made. No histrionics though.

And this is the 1st time he has been sent off in his Southend united career (according to sufc database). Sorry but how is that a liability when this is the first time he has been sent off for us? Anthony Grant used to get booked pretty much every game and spent a lot of time out through suspension did that make him a liability? Would you have him back? Cause I know I would.

No,he was sent off against Plymouth last season.You're quoting database figures for this season only.

Firstly, he has had 2 red cards and 10 yellows in 3 seasons (if you are including the season he didn't play then that is 4).

Most players get that record in 1 season, let alone 3. He has played 89 games in 3 season, before the start of this season, and that is even when he missed out a whole season.

He scored 6 times for Exeter and has scored over 30 for us.

So for someone who throughout his career has been injury-prone he has played 89 games in 3 seasons. Despite his poor discipline record, if you add up all his cards in the last 3 seasons it only amounts to 10 yellows and 1 red card.

Sorry chapperz,I inadvertently included his red card day at Swindon, which makes a grand career total of six reds (as you say only two of which have been with us,so far).

Way to go to reach Red Card Roy's total of 22 though.:winking:

Sorry chapperz,I inadvertently included his red card day at Swindon, which makes a grand career total of six reds (as you say only two of which have been with us,so far).

At this rate he's still a reasonable bet to emulate Red Card Roy's record total though.:sad:

Was going on soccerbase and that didn't say anything about a red card against Swindon.

Roy got 22 red cards in his career I believe, so he would have to go someway to beat that.

I saw it on the day as a rough arm barge from Corr, but it was at the far end. Since seeing it on replays etc I will be shocked if it is rescinded.
Corr had no need to use his arm, he would do well to copy Freddy who takes the knocks and gets on with it.
If it had been one of their forwards we would be screaming for a red.
The referee was poor throughout and minutes before bottled his decision making after a scuffle in front of the dugouts. He never saw the Corr incident and had to rely on the assistant furthest away on the line, but he did glag as soon as he saw it.
I will be delighted if he gets away with it but beware it could be increased to a 4 match ban

Maybe not the best example!

We also don't know whether after seeing the video the ref decided that the linesman made the wrong call and therefore he feels it should be overturned as well

Its a fair comment, Freddy did get sent off for pushing once, and in that incident he did far more than Corr did :smile:

But has clearly learnt a lesson as you don't see him doing that kind of thing at all now. Corr does it frequently, and maybe his reputation counts a bit against him with some officials?

But has clearly learnt a lesson as you don't see him doing that kind of thing at all now. Corr does it frequently, and maybe his reputation counts a bit against him with some officials?

I doubt the official in question, lino Thomas Rogers from Darlington, knows him from Adam.

How do you classify frequently. Corr had been sent off twice in two seasons. Players like Moshni, Barton, Cattermole etc do it frequently!

If the appeal is unsuccessful, should we start a "BBBC is innocent" campaign ....similar to George Davis, for those of you old enough to remember?:thumbsup:

How do you classify frequently. Corr had been sent off twice in two seasons. Players like Moshni, Barton, Cattermole etc do it frequently!

Like I said earlier, he is very petulant during games and is forever moaning about fouls and stuff to the officials. Get your head down and get on with it, let your football do the talking, Barry!

I doubt the official in question, lino Thomas Rogers from Darlington, knows him from Adam.

Indeed ......... and there seems to be an air of supposition that the officials are some how biased.

On the other hand I start from the position that the officials have been trained to do the best job they can and try to be impartial. Madness? Perhaps.

Hash tag: NightboattoCairo

He became a national cause célèbre who inspired some of Britain’s most famous graffiti, including the slogan ‘George Davis is Innocent OK’.
And yesterday, more than three decades later, the 70-year-old’s battle to clear his name finally reached an end as his conviction over a 1974 payroll heist was quashed.
Davis, who was in a packed Court of Appeal blah, blah , blah

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-conviction-1974-robbery.html#ixzz2bqBqu813
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

True, but ultimately cleared on 24 May,2011..............there is hope for BBBC !!

Innocent of that, but guilty of plenty of other stuff !

..... and as for causing the abandonment of a Test Match when we were on the verge of beating Australia (back in the days when Ashes wins weren't two a penny !) - outrageous.

Innocent of that, but guilty of plenty of other stuff !

..... and as for causing the abandonment of a Test Match when we were on the verge of beating Australia (back in the days when Ashes wins weren't two a penny !) - outrageous.

Similar to "our BBBC".......enough now ....let's wait until this pm eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back