• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Could stimulate controversial debate

Michael Jackson.

King of Pop, Musical genius, Child Star, Peodophlie, Weirdo,
Superstar. All have been applied over the years.

Where do you stand?

I think when this man dies the world will realise the massive talent he had, and electric performer he was in the 80's. There's loads of peodophile innuendo yet no charges have been laid, he still has lots of kids at his ranch and no offences have been officially placed upon him.

Is he misunderstood. A sex case?
Should he be plauded for his abilities in music or pilloried for the huge payouts to those who made complaints against him?

Personally, I think he's a beast who's used his cash to silence his victims. His case is still going through the courts at the moment so charges have been made against him.

He also appalls me because he's turned himself, from a visual standpoint, from a black man to a white woman. I can't believe that anyone would want to change their appearance so drastically as to completely eradicate their original ethnic identity. He should be ashamed of that.....!

Didnt his old man abuse them though or did he just beat them ? (seem to recall seeing somthing on vh1 or something ages ago)

Was a musical genius. Now completely hatstand and hasn't had a decent song in years.

Had a childhood which bordered on abusive and turned him into the "Frankenstein's monster" of music - brilliant and a genius (the best in the world) for a while; but now he has begun to self-destruct, musically and in his private-life, such that the horrors of his youth may be being revisited by him on others.

All in all, a tragic tale.

I'm not excusing Jacko's (alleged) behaviour but find me a 'star' that has survived a lengthy pop/rock career and lifestyle with all their braincells intact ?

It's the same media and fan frenzy that has arguably destroyed a lot of musician and movie stars lives that is going to have an identical effect on the footballers of today. Give it five years or so and cases similar to Best/Gascoigne/Maradona will be norms rather than exceptions. A very sad indictment on today's society and not on the individuals themselves.

b******s, it's just dawned on me that I should start to feel sorry for Becks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 21 2004,18:54)]I'm not excusing Jacko's (alleged) behaviour but find me a 'star' that has survived a lengthy pop/rock career and lifestyle with all their braincells intact ?
Paul Mcartney?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Dec. 21 2004,20:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Dec. 21 2004,18:54)]I'm not excusing Jacko's (alleged) behaviour but find me a 'star' that has survived a lengthy pop/rock career and lifestyle with all their braincells intact ?
Paul Mcartney?
Damn ! OK, I'll concede that one and the 350 others that everybody will offer up as 'exceptions'
biggrin.gif

Think the bloke made some fantastic songs, but has lost the plot completely. Looks like a freak, is a liar and like people have said, has used his money to silence victims.

Back