• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not surprising though, when Creepy's last defeat at home was against Newport in October 2010!

Which is 19 league and cup games, by my calculations. :stunned:

They aren't playing Fleetwood, Cambridge and Ebbsfleet now though. They're playing Southend U-****ing-nited. They should be worried about us not the other way around.

They aren't playing Fleetwood, Cambridge and Ebbsfleet now though. They're playing Southend U-****ing-nited. They should be worried about us not the other way around.

Beefy, mate. I was just stating why we seem to be priced very favourably for tomorrows game.

Your right, we should not be scared of Crawley. But we have to take them as a serious threat to our title ambitions!

Whatever the formation is tomorrow, I'm actually pretty confident we will turn them over. At worst get a draw. Defeat is not an option. :thumbsup:

Theyve got good forward options but I havent seen them make a defensive signing yet this season so sure we can create a few chances. WIll have to watch out for their pacey forwards though.

Theyve got good forward options but I havent seen them make a defensive signing yet this season so sure we can create a few chances. WIll have to watch out for their pacey forwards though.

Graham Coughlan and Chris Barker catch pacey defenders, Bilel Mohsni finishes pacey defenders off, and then eats them for a laugh!

Beefy, mate. I was just stating why we seem to be priced very favourably for tomorrows game.

Your right, we should not be scared of Crawley. But we have to take them as a serious threat to our title ambitions!

Whatever the formation is tomorrow, I'm actually pretty confident we will turn them over. At worst get a draw. Defeat is not an option. :thumbsup:

Absolutely. I think right now they probably are the best side at this level, but i think we may be on the cusp of something pretty special here as well. We'll lose some games along the way but I don't think we should be going into any game against anyone at this level thinking that we don't have at least a 50-50 chance.

I'd rather have Bilel as a sweeper than Barker. Although, he'd could probably be a liability there.

Crawley have some good players for league 2, but they also have some average ones too, if Josh Simpson being a regular is anything to go by (cue tomorrows hatrick)!

1-1 prediction for me.

Harris in for Leonard, Phillips (if fit) or Mohsni??? in for Coughlan, who surely cannot be expected to play in a third game in a week against a more pacey forward line, tremendous job he has done none the less in the last two games. Feel Sawyer worth a start, would bring fresh energy into midfield, but do not know at who's expense.

Good away turn out 700, Hall to score first, we then get pegged back and leave thinking it was a great point.

for me Mohsni has to play, coughlan struggled last season against mobile forwards, need to play the more mobile option and he has obviously had a kick up the ar5e so has a big point to prove.This is the only change id make from sat tbh

13-5 for the draw but i think 9-2 for southend for the away win is worth a punt, harris and mohsni to start please.

doubt it will be 13-5 or 9-2....I am going for 2-2! Harris and an OG for us...they will score in the last minute to equalise. 750 shrimpers there to witness Mohsni's red card

Looking forward to first game of the season for me as I've been working so far. Going for a 3-1 southend win, open game finish them off late. Up the Blues!

Very tempted to make the trip down for this one. A case of head vs. heart, not sure which will win out. Decide in the morning me thinks!

Will be making the trip all the way from Norfolk. But having reviewed the Crawley match last Sat on BBC I think our defence is in for a tough time. Tyronne Barnett, for instance, looks a real handful. This will certainly be a severe test of our metal. Expect PS to start very defensive in his line-up and see how things go. A point will be very handy tonight.

Back